IGNORED

im getting better at this

oldgoat

well weekend is going good. i got the bike to idle a few turns here and there but maybe turned the wrong screws all in all not bad. im sure the bike needs a crb sync.

went out early to day and with some advice i got on a previous post i used the turkey baster and filled the rear master cyclinder and went at bleeding the brakes. started at the rear. pumped it 5 times had friend hold the rear brake lever there and opend the bleeder. whoosh some air. closed it pumped it again 5 times opened it and being silly was looking at the bleeder when i opened it and got safety glassses coverd with brake fluid. checked the rear master and put a little more fluid in it. pumped the brakes and went to the front. cracked the bleeder and it had fluid no air. turned the bike on started it up and hey no warrning light:cool10: had to do alittle linkage adjustment. took the bike out and wow i got brakes:cool10: now being tired for some reason i cant get the side bags on. i set the lock to set went to put them on and just cant get them far enough forward to set the darn lock? maybe wd40 the rubber to make it slick? put on the side covers i got off ebay.. and bike is looking better when i get batteries for the camera pics will be comming. now if i can just figure out the bags im almost good to go well i mean i can go just need a little more tweeking on the carbs. and i want to give a big shout out to everyone who gave advice. lets see for 12 bucks i got about a million in good advice. is it ok for a guy to say i love ya guys? ok the women here too. and no i dont swing that way but i do have a few pink underware and t shirts thanks to a helpfull 7 year old great niece :rotf:

Did ya set the key for "UNLOCK" while trying to put the bags back on? Once they are in the proper position then you set the key to "LOCK".

So the steps are:

Key to "UNLOCK"

Hang rear bag hook on support bracket.

Tip bag back and position bag pins in mounting slots.

Push bags forward until the catch is in line with the chrome lock arm.

Turn key to "LOCK"

Be sure the bags are locked in. The PO had one come loose and sent it skidding down the road.

Sounds like you're making progress.

If the locks are sticking, take the three screws that hold the lock in place loose and put them on the latch and then slide the bags on and put the screws back in the locks. I quit messing with my locks years ago. I just remove the screws and it takes a lot less time.

RandyA

i was warend about this!!!!! i went out for a ride nice day in the 80,s runnning good about 20 miles out i came to a small town doing about 25 when hey the bike is slowing down? i looked down saw a little smoke on the right side where the rear master is. i thought its just some fluid i spilled burning off? well then the bike wouldnt move? bet ya all can guess what happend?

yep i overfilled the darn rear master and the back brake locked. well thanks to yama mama i had just the right tools in the tool kit to burp the bango bolt. as i didnt have the bleeder wrench. i then rocked the bike she moved. vroom straight home with it.

stoped good ran good. but should i check out something else? i like my back up maxim but its just not the same. but hey im out ridding one way or another.

aww thanks annie but at last i donated the pink underware to the garbage man hope he enjoys them. yep and for the 12 bucks i paid here. where can ya get this kind of info for that amount? and i love ya too annie:big-grin-emoticon: