IGNORED

Family

gunboat

hi folks

i wish to post a mighty big thanks to a fellow venture rider and his wife. as some of you know last weekend i was heading over to leakey,texas to meet up with tom and a bunch of ventureriders. i was about 60 miles out of houston rolling at 75mph. all of a sudden my clearview windsheild flew off the bike. the sheild did not hit me or anyone else as it come tumbling back to earth. man what a rush, all that air pressure. i was able to pull over and look the bike over. i could see the sheild back down the road aways. i ended up picking up the sheild and returned home.

i wish to thank VANCE he gave me a new clearview shield with a vent, wouldn't take anything for it. also thanks to his wife BRENDA for puting up with me as i arrived at their place at 8 am a full hour before i said i should be there. they even made me breakfast. had a nice couple hour visit with them in their lovely home. isn't this how it is with our big VENTURE FAMILY, helping each other out as we can. again much thanks to vance & brenda.

best reguards

don c.

:cool10:

beer about 6 mos ago there was a car wreck on the road close to the house. it was in the middle lane and folks were acting like nuts. well i ended up droping the bike & some bystanders came over and helped pickup the bike. before i could say anthing one guy shoved up on the bike and shoved up on the faring & shield. his actions were much welcome but he pull the shield up on the left side. that broke the hole that one screw goes in. ( the 2 center holes as you know are drilled thru and the others are sloted.) i only live a few blocks away so i shoved down on the shield. it went back down in place. i thought i had fixed everything. but the right side broke and away the shield went by by. story is i should have looked over the shield better, must have been a hairline crack on the right side bolt hole that i missed seeing.

reguards

don c.

thanks annie & everyone

i had my shorty helment on and no goggles / glasses on. thought about going ahead a riding on over to tom and the bunch. just too much wind pressure, and all the grit com ing off the cagers when they pass.

reguards

don c.