IGNORED

Vulcan whine too? we are not alone?

I was on you tube and found this video its a vulcan 900 I believe. Tell me I'm not hearing things it has a whine also. I'm not feeling so bad about mine now. I still ordered the 424 mufflers though.

here's the video [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R498Yy7nyvA]YouTube- Go Pro HD Full HD1080p: 1920x1080[/ame]

Thanks for the Video. I think with these Videos everyone will begin to understand what is meant by "whine". Now we need to hear a "chirp".

My bike is now louder and slightly higher pitched than the video. No brag, just fact :crying:

When my Bike was new, I would have raised Hell with the dealership if mine sounded like the video. Now that I've played with it, I'm kinda at their mercy, but time will tell.

I'll do the "I" basket and experiment with the oil. I couldn't sell the Bike now if I wanted too (which I don't). However, I'll not add one more toy to it until the whine improves. I really think someone could hear it over the loud mufflers I installed.

I don't believe any muffler would hide the whine because the noise comes from two different directions. The exhaust is behind you and the whine is in your face.

When I was looking to trade my RSTD I test rode a new Nomad. After about 4 miles I took it back and told them that I couldn't stand the loud whine. I went the next day and bought a new RSV. It whines some but nothing like the Nomad did. Funny thing about it is that I had a 2000 Nomad that was quiet....great bike.

A good set of after market pipes stops that whine completely.

:big-grin-emoticon:

Evidently you aren't experiencing what some of us are hearing. I can tell ya, loud pipes, loud tunes, and a woman scremin in yer ear "GO FASTER!!!" will NOT mask the whine/chirp of these engines sufficiently. In fact, all of that is like gettin kicked in the shin to fix a toothache... whine diminished but everything else is now annoyin ya.

• 2 months later...
Guest tx2sturgis

Seems like the 'whine' on this thread is WAAAY louder than the 'whine' in that video...

:stirthepot:

:moon: