IGNORED

WW2 U.S. Troops....Thank You

Aussie Annie

We currently have the series "Pacific" on over here and it made me realise once more how lucky we are on this big island that while our boys were away fighting the germans in Europe, U.S. forces "had our back" fighting the japs on Guadalcanal and other places.

If they had got to our resources, and cut supply lines for the U.S. fleet.....I would have lived ??? a whole different life!

So, from one very grateful aussie....thank you to your fathers, uncles, grandfathers, and any who served. :clap2::clap2::clap2::thumbsup2:

My dad was a Seabee in the 36th Special unit. Was on the beach heads at Peleliu and Okinawa, survived both of Halsey's Typhoons on a Liberty ship..... That might explain why he never went out on a boat again when he got back home. And yes I do know that a boat is carried by a ship, except in the case of a submarine. But to a landlubber like me they are all boats...some just bigger then others. He never made it to Austrailia but my oldest son did on his return from a tour in the gulf and he loved it and all the people he met.

My Dad was with the Flying Tigers in China, one uncle landed on D-1 and went all the way to Germany and my favorite uncle was in the army in the south pacific. He made 5 amphibious landings and carried a piece of japanese steel in his back until he died 2 years ago at 93. He also, in the middle of everything else, spent some time in Australia and brought home my Aunt Audry from there:) along with his eldest son who was born down under in 1945!

I read Douglas MacArthurs autobiography not long ago. Its a good history of the US Army's war in the pacific. And MacArthur has nothing but praise for the Aussies who supported him and fought alongside his US troops.

Annie your Country has always been a staunch supporter of our Country. I met/knew some great Aussies when I was in Nam and they went right into the bush with us to get Charlie. Be proud of your Servicemen and Servicewomen....they know how to put it on the line and are true comrads-in-arms!

Boomer....who has very fond memories of Sydney....Lord please forgive me and the pygmies in New Guina.:whistling: