IGNORED

Our open house is May 8th!

Sweetnothing

I thought I'd write up directions to the Squid's place thru Mapquest. Conroe is basically almost due east of me here in Brenham but Mapquest has me going down to Waller on US 290, and farther south down FM2920, back up FM2978 [going NE], and then onto FM1488 [going East] which I can pick up at Hempstead without having to go down to Waller. I'd luv to figure out just how many extra miles that is! After that I get on FM242 which is the main road just south of Brad's new place. Wunderful! Oh well!

FM1488 basically runs East-West from Hempstead to I 45. Why I would need to go all the way south to FM2920 and then back up FM2978 to get to the same darn road??? :scratchchin: Weird! Will be riding the Wee Beastie. Hubby [aka the Harry Beast] can bring the car if he makes it.

C YA!!

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I`ve heard that them Squids can be pretty smelly.....I`m just sayin..:smile5:

Me,Kenny and Beth are just gonna follow our noses to Squid's place.....:guitarist 2:

Boomer....who sez that cheescake odor travels for miles when the east wind outta Texas is blowing.....:bowdown:

Good point! Where is you new house? Address?? Something??? Or did I miss it?

:confused07::confused07::confused07::confused07:

I thought I'd write up directions to the Squid's place thru Mapquest. Conroe is basically almost due east of me here in Brenham but Mapquest has me going down to Waller on US 290, and farther south down FM2920, back up FM2978 [going NE], and then onto FM1488 [going East] which I can pick up at Hempstead without having to go down to Waller. I'd luv to figure out just how many extra miles that is! After that I get on FM242 which is the main road just south of Brad's new place. Wunderful! Oh well!

FM1488 basically runs East-West from Hempstead to I 45. Why I would need to go all the way south to FM2920 and then back up FM2978 to get to the same darn road??? :scratchchin: Weird! Will be riding the Wee Beastie. Hubby [aka the Harry Beast] can bring the car if he makes it.

C YA!!

here is the address

Not a problem, you can be the early bird and stop on by then!!:banana: by the way I should let ya'll know where we are shouldn't I? Or should I let ya'll find us:whistling::stirthepot:

16164 Lone Star Ranch Drive

Conroe, TX 77302

Iffen you get lost our numbers are in our profiles:banana:

if you turn right on to 242 and head east from i-45. you will go about 8.1 miles, there are 3 enterances to the subdivision. you need to turn left at the last enterance. ( just past this entrance there is a billboard advertasment at has a picture of a viper/snake on it ) so you better turn left. also there's the american & texas flags flying at this enterance w/an brick enterance way that says LONE STAR RANCH. just follow this street all the way down to the first stop sign. their place is the first house of the left past the stop sign. you can't miss it, should be motorcycles everywhere.

reguards

don c. :innocent-emoticon:

Looks like I will be arriving around dinner time Friday night (darn the luck). What may I bring?

RR

Yourself, and if you like a specific beverage. I believe we are having Spaghetti tonight for supper...you'll like that. Once people eat some of Lonna cookin' they never wonder why I am as big as I am

:whistling: It will be great to meet you :thumbsup2:

squid poo? ;) you big o hunk of love. :ignore: sorry i could not contain my self.:stirthepot: pal of mine.

don c.

Yeah I seemed to have opened up a can of worms on myself...but thats all good. We have needed a good laugh for quite some time now on the site and I'll be glad to be the....Butt, of the joke

:hihi:

[ame=http://maps.google.com/maps?q=16164+Lone+Star+Ranch+Drive+Conroe,+TX+77302&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=16164+Lone+Star+Ranch+Dr,+Conroe,+Montgomery,+Texas+77302&ei=eWrkS7SZI5GSOM3H5NsN&ved=0CBMQ8gEwAA&ll=30.219377,-95.323734&spn=0.011032,0.022724&t=h&z=16]16164 Lone Star Ranch Drive Conroe, TX 77302 - Google Maps[/ame]

Have Fun Folks :thumbsup2::thumbsup2::thumbsup2:

HEY SQUEEZE!!! At least you know where it is. I thought about driving down tonight but they are having Spaghetti and I had Spaghetti last night. Can't overdo it!!!:duck::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: A Lonna and Warden Spaghetti cookoff??:confused24:

You guys have fun down there!!! I was 178 lbs with a 30" waist line when she caught me...

HEY SQUEEZE!!! At least you know where it is. I thought about driving down tonight but they are having Spaghetti and I had Spaghetti last night. Can't overdo it!!!:duck::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: A Lonna and Warden Spaghetti cookoff??:confused24:

You guys have fun down there!!! I was 178 lbs with a 30" waist line when she caught me...

I will through my Spaghett into this cook off, can't let Foghorn have all the worms. :rotf::rotf:

Had a Great Time!! Ya`ll got a nice place for sure...it was great to meet Brad T and NoughT, and of coarse BoomerCPO, allways good to see old freinds, Kenny and Beth and all of the local folks..we left at 1930 and the party was just getting started, I am sure it wqas a good time...Brad and Lonna, Thanks alot for opening up your home to this bunch of crazies...

Boomer, did you have any problems getting your bike to start?? LOL

Hope ya`ll have a safe ride home and be carefull

Kreg and Janet!!

Brad and Lonna, Wooo Hooo! Nice turn out for the open house! And wonderful to meet your super-secret-you-had-no-idea-they-were-coming-guests! Don, you're a sneaky one! Perfect weather, mid 80's and no rain. I was pleased to help break in the neighbors and let the know not to mess with you bunch of bikers! :rotf: It was good to see old friends and meet some new ones.

Boomer: I had nothing to do with it! :bluesbrother:

Edited by Owen

Enjoyed the visit, although much to brief. Great to see things working out for Brad and Lonna. And like I said earlier, it is a good thing Lonna likes surprises - they had guests show up from Canada! (Surprised us all).

Still wondering if BoomerCPO will be able to ride in the dark now. Waiting on a report.

I am also wondering how long the recovery phase will take to get things back to 'normal' at the Squidley residence. icon7.gif

MAN! WHAT A PARTY!

Had a great time. Finally got a piece of Lonna's banana split cheesecake and if there had been any more, it wouldn't have lasted very long and I'm not a cheesecake person. The three cheesecakes she made didn't make it thru dinner. Meeting Boomer was an interesting experience and I got to see where Lonna got her good looks from! Interesting development they're in, all doublewide homes with attached garages, big yards, trees, quiet streets. Not what you would expect to see in a mobile home park. Very nice!

I also got to do a "test ride" on Owen's black cherry. Now I HAVE to get me a RSV. Makes me want to throw rocks at my Wee Beastie and was even better than the demo ride I did on a Road Star a few weeks back. I've got first dibs on that bike if he ever decides to sell it.

I ended up taking a different way home. FM 1488 is being widened [finally!!] from Magnolia over to I45 and the patchwork quilt of road they are using while building the new had me bouncing all over the place. 105 is a better road in any case and I got to see how much has changed on the south side of Lake Conroe. Crowded is an understatement!

We made it home about 40 minutes ago. What a great weekend. I laughed so hard I hurt with boomer cpo and his stories and Bradt and Naught, and a great turnout. And if Boomer cpo says follow me if i peel of from a ride, it might not be to take a break, may be to chase a topless woman in a sports car in liberty tx.

Lonna and Brad have a very nice place for there start in Texas. Hope they both have many happy years together there.:thumbsup2:

Pics later,

Kenny

It was fun.... So thats why it is called " Liberty" Texas... Glad ya`ll made it home safe.. till next time.

K

We made it home about 40 minutes ago. What a great weekend. I laughed so hard I hurt with boomer cpo and his stories and Bradt and Naught, and a great turnout. And if Boomer cpo says follow me if i peel of from a ride, it might not be to take a break, may be to chase a topless woman in a sports car in liberty tx.

Lonna and Brad have a very nice place for there start in Texas. Hope they both have many happy years together there.:thumbsup2:

Pics later,

Kenny