IGNORED

man, i sure miss my black beauty

Gamecock

Now that I am back in VA, it sure is depressing looking outside and my Midnite RSV ain't sitting there. I sure do miss that bike! I only had her for 7 months but man we had some good times!

RIP my black beauty!!!!

http://hphotos-sjc1.fbcdn.net/hs494.snc3/26972_1362195648803_1048940196_31078560_6669339_n.jpg

Taken 2 hours before the accident on 3/27. She sure was looking and running good that morning. Just the day before I had ridden her from Washington DC to Myrtle Beach, SC and just topped 10K miles. She was so young!!!!:crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

Ben

... reading the ads, and visiting the show rooms! YOu sound like a guy who has ridden a miracle, ... and ain't the least bit ready to not ride any more.

You have our admiration and my prayers. Think of buying new chrome! LOL

JackZ

:thumbsup::clap2:And I STILL wish I had never given up :crying::crying::crying:my FIRST 86 VR, Ursula Black on Gold ... so I polish my second 86 vr, brown on gold. Not the same, but Frebird2 does turn heads still. Jz

... reading the ads, and visiting the show rooms! YOu sound like a guy who has ridden a miracle, ... and ain't the least bit ready to not ride any more.

You have our admiration and my prayers. Think of buying new chrome! LOL

JackZ

:thumbsup::clap2:And I STILL wish I had never given up :crying::crying::crying:my FIRST 86 VR, Ursula Black on Gold ... so I polish my second 86 vr, brown on gold. Not the same, but Frebird2 does turn heads still. Jz

As soon as I get the feeling back in my hands, I'll have another RSV in the driveway! I can't wait to be back in the saddle!!! If I find what I want away from home, I'll fly there and ride it home.

Black Beauty, gone but never forgotten!!!

Ben

Ther is a new black and red for sale at the local dealer here...just an idea

On top of that already, I think a black/red is in my future! Would love a solid raven, but no luck on finding a new one at this point. I am going to buy new when I buy.

Thanks!!!

Ben

Well you gotta heal up first, so concentrate on that for now. The bike is replaceable you aren't. You can get another bike as soon as you're up to it. See you on saturday.

Margaret

CAN'T WAIT TO SEE EVERYONE ON SATURDAY!!!

BEN:thumbsup:

On top of that already, I think a black/red is in my future! Would love a solid raven, but no luck on finding a new one at this point. I am going to buy new when I buy.

Thanks!!!

Ben

Don't give up so darn easily ..........A rattle can of Glossy Black and Californy Chrome can be obtained any any auto parts store !

BEER30

As soon as I get the feeling back in my hands, I'll have another RSV in the driveway! I can't wait to be back in the saddle!!! If I find what I want away from home, I'll fly there and ride it home.

Black Beauty, gone but never forgotten!!!

Ben

I had an '05 Midnight picked out from under me. Similar circumstances: crazy driver, 6 month old bike with 10k miles. Gone, perhaps. Forgotten? Never.

I ordered an '06 Black Cherry from a rented hospital bed - crushed left leg. It took 'em almost five months to get it and put it together. That worked out about right. I showed up at the dealer, signed the papers, and gave 'em a check (uninsured/underinsured came through). I hobbled over, folded my cane and stowed it in a side bag, then rode her home. I didn't get to ride much in the first six months, but I've been trying to make up for it ever since.

I have two pics of the Midnight (which for some reason I think of as male) on the cork board next to the computer. They're from a vacation Irene and I took to Door County, Wisconsin. Beautiful place. Wonderful ride. Gone, but never forgotten.

You've seen the dark side of motorcycling. Your attitude is good. You'll get there. Gotta give those bones a little time to heal. :)

How do you feel about the flamin' midnight??:confused24:

I spent about an hour this morning searching dealer inventories in Wisconsin for New leftover midnights, and didn't find any. Did find a couple 07 blue/blacks though.

Maybe a dealer could do a better search. Who knows, there may be one sitting in a little dealership in Tim buk too.:whistling:

I'll be nice and NOT post a pic of my bike.:innocent:

Get well soon, and good luck finding that new ride.:thumbsup2:

Later, Scooter Bob

Thanks!!!

Ben

That red/black would be the PERFECT combo for a SC Gamecock fan! :dancefool: I saw a new one on the showroom floor in Nashville a month or so back. Might still be there when you're ready. In the meantime, rest up, do your therapy, flirt with the medical staff :223: and plan a long route or two. Speedy and full recovery to ya'

-in flagrante

That red/black would be the PERFECT combo for a SC Gamecock fan! :dancefool: I saw a new one on the showroom floor in Nashville a month or so back. Might still be there when you're ready. In the meantime, rest up, do your therapy, flirt with the medical staff :223: and plan a long route or two. Speedy and full recovery to ya'

-in flagrante

the more i look at the red/black, the more it grows on me. The Gamecock color connection only makes it better.

does the red/black combo have the chrome forks? Riderduke sure was envious of my chrome forks!!! :stickpoke:

Ben

Hey Steve How is that leg doing? Was thinking about you. Doc told me he might have to take steel back out of my foot.

Pretty good, considering. Thanks for asking. The odd discomforts are mostly gone, though I think they may have missed a small crack in my ankle. Nothing I'm gonna' mention to 'em, that's for sure. I only limp when I'm tired (I think), I can still ride, I'm ok with it for now.

I don't want to say anything to hinder progress, but the idea of taking the metal back out creeps me out big-time. I held up a chicken leg and thought about what it would take to put metal where mine is. Then take it out? Until there's a really serious problem it's staying right where it is, wood screws and all. I suppose it all depends on how you're handling it being in there.

I still haven't got paid for "Blue Beast" Or my Buick. Just don't have much luck when it comes to Insurance.

That really sucks. I got pretty lucky - all the way 'round I suppose. I sure hope it works out for you sooner or later.

Funny, I still get an occasional mental image of two old half-gimps standing under the awning of a shut down gas station during a rain storm, preaching the joy of motorcycling to a young guy who hadn't seen the dark side yet... :)

Ben,

Don't know how I missed it, but I totally missed your post about your accident. Wishing and praying for a speedy recovery for you and your dad. You all had a Guardian Angel riding along. Glad ya have kept the spirit up and are looking forward to riding again. By the way, the Black Cherry/Black color is really sharp. And I'm sure one of the faster colors. May be even faster than a Gen I.:stirthepot: Something to keep in mind while you're bike shopping.

Glenn

Pretty good, considering. Thanks for asking. The odd discomforts are mostly gone, though I think they may have missed a small crack in my ankle. Nothing I'm gonna' mention to 'em, that's for sure. I only limp when I'm tired (I think), I can still ride, I'm ok with it for now.

I don't want to say anything to hinder progress, but the idea of taking the metal back out creeps me out big-time. I held up a chicken leg and thought about what it would take to put metal where mine is. Then take it out? Until there's a really serious problem it's staying right where it is, wood screws and all. I suppose it all depends on how you're handling it being in there.

That really sucks. I got pretty lucky - all the way 'round I suppose. I sure hope it works out for you sooner or later.

Funny, I still get an occasional mental image of two old half-gimps standing under the awning of a shut down gas station during a rain storm, preaching the joy of motorcycling to a young guy who hadn't seen the dark side yet... :)

I've thought of that a few times. Wonder if any of it took on him.

Not trying to swipe thread Gamecock just some old memories. I'm going to have a WVU Blue&Gold 1st Gen one of these days.