IGNORED

Looking for Colour Match Paint

thecount

Looking for some assistance. :fingers-crossed-emo

I am looking for paint source/supplier that is a match the '05 Liquid Silver of my bike. I have a rear spoiler that is black, needing to paint it to match the Silver Grey of the trunk before mounting.

Any suggestions? Spray can likely is ideal, but not sure the quality finish it might produce.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

When I got my '06 I got a spoiler and a Wagner grille cover. Since I wanted them painted to match I ordered a can of paint from the Yamaha dealer from whom I'd bought the bike. I went straight to the source, so to speak. When it arrived I pulled it out of the box. The can said ColorRite very dark red metallic #2 - ColorRite #5200. It's an exact match.

I got a pint of pigment. A local body and paint shop supplied the rest of the chemicals and shot the paint. It was a perfect match and a beautiful job.

ColorRite sells rattle cans too. I thought a moment about how good a job I usually do, then paid someone to do it for me. The grille? Maybe. The spoiler? Nope.

I ordered some blue direct from colorite for my 07 blue/black. Had a pretty good road rash on the fairing from tipping over on that steep drive @ the Deals Gap place. Kinda got stopped sideways. Tried to set it down easy but it was so steep it rolled all the way over. Anyways, took it to a friend of a friend he did some patching and blended the paint without painting the whole front half of the fairing. You can't even tell.

http://venturerider.org/forum/picture.php?albumid=634&pictureid=4001

http://venturerider.org/forum/picture.php?albumid=634&pictureid=4000

For a spoiler a pint is way more than you will need. Do not forget the clear......

Thanks for the tip,

The Canadian supplier from Quebec only had a 1/2 pint available (last drop for now) so, ordered and arriving tomorrow. Body shop will be able to do the clear coat.

Appreciate the tip! :big-grin-emoticon:

Steve