IGNORED

I'm good 'til the bill comes in

Hummingbird

My wife had to take a neighbor to see her Dr. today and she left me home alone with the credit card. MISTAKE !!

I've been contemplating for several weeks and today I finally did it while she was gone. I bought the Garmin 1490T with the life time update card and a second lifetime card for my Zumo 550 on the bike.

Lotta money - (about $500 ) but it's worth it just for the blue tooth.

Last week I had to make a near 2000 mile trip alone and the phone never stopped. It always makes me nervous to answer the phone while driving but it's even worse when you have to call someone that's NOT in your phone book.

Maybe I'm just getting too old for that OR maybe I'm finally getting a LITTLE smarter :smile5:

Now if I can stay outta site for a while - - - -

my wife tells me to keep the credit card in my wallet (we have just one card) ... I'm smarter than that... I say NO!

(she's one of the few women I know that refuses to use it) ... I'm one of the men who can't resist! :sign20:

Last week I had to make a near 2000 mile trip alone and the phone never stopped. It always makes me nervous to answer the phone while driving but it's even worse when you have to call someone that's NOT in your phone book.

- - - -

Watch out if you cross the border, recent new laws for hands free devices ONLY or tickets, and they ARE looking for it.

And your recent purchase brings to mind my backrest, I was showing my neighbour, all smiles .... out waltzed the wife, looks at it, doesn't say a word, walks into the house, so I figure don't mention anything.

A couple of days later a *#@%$ truck pulls in the driveway and off loads a leather sectional couch .... she turns to me and says, "I needed something to rest MY back on!"

Women .....

Watch out if you cross the border, recent new laws for hands free devices ONLY or tickets, and they ARE looking for it.

And your recent purchase brings to mind my backrest, I was showing my neighbour, all smiles .... out waltzed the wife, looks at it, doesn't say a word, walks into the house, so I figure don't mention anything.

A couple of days later a *#@%$ truck pulls in the driveway and off loads a leather sectional couch .... she turns to me and says, "I needed something to rest MY back on!"

Women .....

ARE WE MARRIED TO THE SAME WOMAN???

Perhaps I am married to her twin?

Been there Heard that from my wife. Cost me $5500 last time.

Jb :(

Guest scarylarry
ARE WE MARRIED TO THE SAME WOMAN???

Perhaps I am married to her twin?

Been there Heard that from my wife. Cost me $5500 last time.

Jb :(

Now I know why I'm single, thanks for reminding me...:big-grin-emoticon:

I just put my phone in my bag and look at it when I gas up. Most of my calls aren't of the magnitude that they must be taken care of immediately.

they were all business calls and emails. Very few personal things on the cell. my blackberry is continually the source of potential income. I have to be able to respond, that's why I went ahead & got the 1490T - for the bluetooth. So now when I'm in the truck or on the bike I'm in a safer environment for calls. The emails make a different sound and I can handle most of them at will.

I just put my phone in my bag and look at it when I gas up. Most of my calls aren't of the magnitude that they must be taken care of immediately.

:sign yeah that: ... If I remember to look that is.

I do understand that some folks do need to be in contact either for work or personal reasons. I'm glad I'm not one of them :)

I do understand that some folks do need to be in contact either for work or personal reasons. I'm glad I'm not one of them :)

"need" ... ????? c'mon... nobody "needs" it that bad that they "need" to talk on a phone while driving. We didn't "need" it years ago so why now? .... It's not a "need", ... it's a "convenience" and nothing else IMHO. :witch_brew:

I leave it in the trunk, but use it (with headset) in the car. Will Not use it on the bike for me.

While travelling though I always check at least once a day but the most emails can wait till the evening.

Congrats on the purchases. It is a pain when the place you go to is closed and with the economy, upgrades is probably worth it.

Brad

Edited by BradT

Guest Swifty

Smart? I say smart is turning off the phone for the whole 2000 mile trip. I did that on my first thousand mile trip, now my wife NEVER calls me! It's fantastic.

:rotfl:

Smart? I say smart is turning off the phone for the whole 2000 mile trip. I did that on my first thousand mile trip, now my wife NEVER calls me! It's fantastic.

Did you ever think she is enjoying herself to much to call YOU :rotf:

Brad

That would work if I weren't WORKING ! It's really funny when a customer wants to buy something and you won't answer the phone. They'll go somewhere else - that's not very profitable. That's why I spent the money for the bluetooth - now I have it on the bike and the truck.

btw - using the phone on the bike is no more distracting than talking thru the intercom to your passenger.

btw - using the phone on the bike is no more distracting than talking thru the intercom to your passenger.

That would be a matter of opinion obviously. When talking business on the phone I have to pay more attention than I would talking to the passenger.

Then some may say that in a car full of people maybe more distracting than the phone. I have talked on the phone many times and I believe I do not pay as much attention as I should to the road. (guilty, and honestly think talking on the phone with a headset is worse than holding the phone )

Brad

and honestly think talking on the phone with a headset is worse than holding the phone

Brad

when using the headset, both hands are still on the bars - I don't understand ?? When my phone is paired with my Zumo, the phone is then left in my pocket -

when using the headset, both hands are still on the bars - I don't understand ?? When my phone is paired with my Zumo, the phone is then left in my pocket -

It's just me, I do not like noise that close to my ears.

BTW did your goodies come in yet ? Or did your wife find the bill ? :think:

Brad

It's just me, I do not like noise that close to my ears.

BTW did your goodies come in yet ? Or did your wife find the bill ? :think:

Brad

Ok - I understand now, I know a couple guys that own Wings and refuse to use their intercom system.

Delivery is scheduled for Monday the 12th. I told her what I bought and she did ask how much it cost - I got away with "there's some things that shouldn't be talked about"

Not sure how I got away with that, guess I'm just lucky.

I got away with "there's some things that shouldn't be talked about"

Not sure how I got away with that, guess I'm just lucky.

You might "think" you got away with it .... I'd be willin to bet that statement will come back to haunt you.

You might "think" you got away with it .... I'd be willin to bet that statement will come back to haunt you.

I'm thinkin you're right 'n' I'm wrong again :smile5:

but I'm taking her on a 6 day all inclusive trip to Puertp Vallarta in May so I might get thru this after all. :happy65:

my wife tells me to keep the credit card in my wallet (we have just one card) ... I'm smarter than that... I say NO!

(she's one of the few women I know that refuses to use it) ... I'm one of the men who can't resist! :sign20:

Sounds like a wise investment in your case.