IGNORED

oil question

bluemagic

I believe 4 quarts... what I do is put 3.5 quarts in and then run it until good and warm.... then shut off and let it sit for about 1/2 hr... then check the sight glass and top up to no more than 1/2 way.

Having said that tho, we use Litres up here and that's probably a tad less than a US quart.

4 Quarts is over filled.

5 Quarts is way to much.

The service manual lists the oil capacity with filter change as, 3.5 L (3.1 Imp qt, 3.7 US qt).

My '88 takes a little less than 4 quarts to get it to the center of the sight glass.

Edited by Flyinfool
Fat Fingers 3.5L was 3.8L

4 Quarts is over filled.

5 Quarts is way to much.

The service manual lists the oil capacity with filter change as, 3.8 L (3.1 Imp qt, 3.7 US qt).

My '88 takes a little less than 4 quarts to get it to the center of the sight glass.

DITTO

Not sure where you're getting your conversion from but according to my calculations...

3.8 litres = 4.05 US quarts = 3.34 Imp quarts

I did not do any conversions, those capacities are quoted directly from the service manual except for my fat fingers.

It should be 3.5 L not 3.8 L which makes all of the numbers agree mathematically.

The numbers are on page 2-17 of the service manual.

I do agree with your math though.

I did not do any conversions, those capacities are quoted directly from the service manual except for my fat fingers.

It should be 3.5 L not 3.8 L which makes all of the numbers agree mathematically.

The numbers are on page 2-17 of the service manual.

I do agree with your math though.

ahhhh... it's the "finger's fault" excuse again.... :rotf: :sign just kidding:

well, 3.5 Litres would convert properly to those numbers. ya had me goin there tho LOL

Fat Fingers :think:

The 8 is 3 buttons away from 5 :rotf:

Brad

Actually the 8 is directly above the 5... on the number pad. As an accountant the first thing you look for when a string of numbers don't foot is a digit keyed in that is off by 3.

Actually the 8 is directly above the 5... on the number pad. As an accountant the first thing you look for when a string of numbers don't foot is a digit keyed in that is off by 3.

man, ya lern sumpin new every day... I use the numeric keypad often and have taught keyboarding a few times .... never clued into the "3" difference between the keys that are above/below each other. Cool!