IGNORED

gamecocks got two broken wings

Gamecock

yesterday while out on a ride with my dad brother in law and a friend a young lady felt the need to pass the car in front of her without checking for on coming traffic. with less than 30 yards between us she hit me dead center of my front tire launching me over her nissan maxima. i was going roughly 50 mph her closer to 60. i cant be sure but i would bet she was on her cell phone.

i was takeenn by helicopter to the medical university of south carolina where i've had surgery on both my arms to fix breaks fractures an dislocations. other than my arms, there is not a scratch on me. the Lord was riding 2 up with me yesterday.

my dad suffered a broken ankle and the loss of his treasured harley. my mom who was riding with him walked away with just a sprained knee.

my brother in law has a broken wrist and minor internal bleeding. its not known yet if his honda cbr is totaled tho it more than likely is.

my friend went down but was able to ride his bike for a check_up.

my 2004 midnight rsv is a total loss. when i asked what it looked like my father in law said it looked like somebody had died on it. the only parts that i could get off it were the trailer hitch and gps.

thank you very much for all the thoughts and prayers and hopefully ya'll will accept me in a cage at the meet in eats until i can get two wheels under me. the doctors are saying 6 weeks minimum until i have the use of my arms.

God Bless everyone an stay safe out there.

Ben (Gamecock)

Ben,

Peg & I are happy you are able to come on here and say hi to us and give us a update as well. Also glad this dint turn out for the worse, and yes the Lord was watching out for your family..

Take care Ben hope to see you soon....

Until then God speed and God Bless you & your family..

Buddy & Snowflake

Wow. Prayers sent for a speedy recovery for you all. No matter what we do "You can't fix stupid". These cell phones are going to be the death of us all yet. A neighboring city just upped the fine for using a cell phone while driving to $500.00 for a first offense. You can't stop technology but the auto-makers need to start installing cell phone signal cancelers when the car engine starts.:2cents::confused24::D

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your group. We are just glad you are around to tell the story.

:yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes: :sign yeah that:

Thoughts and prayers go out to you, your group, family and friends!

Don't rush the recovery.

Gdspeed.

Ben,

Glad to see you posting already. Thankful all survived as good as they have.

I'm taking the liberty to move your quote to the Star Touring forum so they will also know of your wreck, but even better, your status now. Someone from the Charleston chapter may have already contacted you.

Take care Gamecock, the Dragon can wait.

Mike G in SC

Praise the Lord for answered prayers. You gave us quite a scare. I'd say you were a lucky man to still be among us, but given the circumstances......I don't think luck had much to do with it at all! Prayers and well wishes for you and all involved, my friend! :amen:

One hell of a post to wake up to. Ben I am so sorry to hear of your accident, and the man was with you as all of you are alive. Going down on a bike in any capacity sucks, I know all about that. Take your time and heal up, start keeping records of everything now and pursue your restitution to the fullest extent of the law. The bike will be replaced, you my friend are still here to hopefully ride another day. Let us know if there is anything we can do to help you.

thanks for all the continued support and prayers. my family greatly appreciates all of them.

as for star touring i am a member of the manassas virginia if someone could contact john zellers or brad bennett to let them know the situation. brad is a state director.

thanks to my sister for typing all this because i do not have the use of my hands right now.

ben

Glad to see you posting already! Your spirts sound up and that's an important part of healing. Here's hoping you and your family have a speedy recovery. at times like this remeber it could have been a lot worse!

thanks for all the continued support and prayers. my family greatly appreciates all of them.

as for star touring i am a member of the manassas virginia if someone could contact john zellers or brad bennett to let them know the situation. brad is a state director.

thanks to my sister for typing all this because i do not have the use of my hands right now.

ben

Message sent to Brad.

Harry

Ben, you have no idea just how glad and releived we all feel that you are alive! Obviously you are in good spirits and it is good to hear from you, even if sis has to do the typing! Heal fast my friend, and even if you get some other make of bike, once a part of this family here, always a part of the family!

Guess you don't need my rear shock any more...

Ben,

I sent an email to Brad & Christine last night (sent same to SE director-Earl, SC state director-Eddie and Charleston people- Mike & Jim).

I will copy your post from above and post on Star Touring for you.

People there are already sending good wishes. Good luck Gamecock.

Mike G in SC

EDIT: Ben, also just sent email msg to John Z and left a voice mail on his home phone.

You are getting good wishes on the ST site too. Visit when you can www.startouring.com,,, do you remember your ID&PW or is that built in to home PC? I didn't have any Charleston contact # to give him. I can foreward if you need mikeginsc@bellsouth.net

Edited by Mike G in SC