IGNORED

Is this trailer worth $500?

SilvrT

Rick,

For your safety make sure the frame is 1000% Square and tongue is 1000% 90 degrees to the frame front edge and the axle is 1000% 90 degree square to the frame rails. Criss Cross Measure the Frame corner to corner should be within 1/16th of and inch. Also redo those bearings. I could not tell from the picture where those 8" tires or 12" tires? :pushups:

Rick,

For your safety make sure the frame is 1000% Square and tongue is 1000% 90 degrees to the frame front edge and the axle is 1000% 90 degree square to the frame rails. Criss Cross Measure the Frame corner to corner should be within 1/16th of and inch. Also redo those bearings. I could not tell from the picture where those 8" tires or 12" tires? :pushups:

thanks ... was my intent to do all of that ... yes, 8 inch

although appearances can be deceiving, I haven't found anything worse than what was visible and I think this thing just flipped and skidded down the road as opposed to rolling several times. But I will be measuring and checking/packing the bearings.

I've already got all the crap liner out, lights removed, chrome top rails removed, am and working on removing the piano hinge. Next will be unbolting the box from the frame so I can check it and clean it all up.

Lotsa fun!!! as Nina said... I needed a project LOL

Gee youre not messing around getting all the stuff redone so quickly.

looking at the pics i think youve done well on it, and i know youre good at body work and paint after seeing your old black Venture, so it should be all shiny and black by Nelson then? we will have place for beer and food then on the runs.....lol, so ill just follow you guys......:group cheers:

Brian

Ps mabbe add a new lock to it and only make one key so Nina cant fill it with shopping stuff.....:whistling::smile5:

Gee youre not messing around getting all the stuff redone so quickly.

looking at the pics i think youve done well on it, and i know youre good at body work and paint after seeing your old black Venture, so it should be all shiny and black by Nelson then? we will have place for beer and food then on the runs.....lol, so ill just follow you guys......:group cheers:

Brian

Ps mabbe add a new lock to it and only make one key so Nina cant fill it with shopping stuff.....:whistling::smile5:

yep, got the whole thing disassembled / stripped and already prepped the cracked areas for fiberglassing. Box is off the frame...checked / measured the frame over half a dozen times .... nothing is bent or twisted; however, I did find where whoever built the thing messed up in measuring/mounting the bar that holds the outer sides of the chrome bottom light bar. Not critical and can't be seen so no biggie.

As for Nina filling it with shopping stuff ... ain't gonna happen ... I mean, it will be too full of beer and ice!!! :rotf:

Yep, no doubt I'll have it finished by the time we come to Nelson but that's too quick of a run for bringing the trailer ... thought we'd go to Venture West 2010 in Durango but that has changed due to some other expenses I have to deal with. But, we will be taking a holiday in Sep and we will be towing the trailer / camping ... plans now are to make our way towards Biggar, SK where Nina's mom lives so if you're not gone to Durango, we may hook up then too.

I think we need pictures of the work as it goes on. Only fair to us to see the struggles. I mean I am showing you mine in all its glory:stickpoke::witch_brew:

so is this one of those "I'll show you mine if you show me your's" deals? :rotf: :rotf:

OK, ok ... I'll post some pics...jeeez the things a guy has to do to appease folks... :rasberry: :sign just kidding:

But it won't be until this evening when I get home so you'll just have to wait... :p

Fiberglassing all done, a bit of bondo, sanding, some primer, some glazing putty ... all ready for the final sanding/primer coat... then it's painting time... which won't be any time soon unless the weather smarten's up.

[ATTACH]43606[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]43607[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]43608[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]43609[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]43610[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]43611[/ATTACH]

looks good so far, I am lucky in Texas it is usually nice enough to paint

Painted mine Friday night all night job: 2 base colors, the pearl on top, a silver strip down the middle and finally clear coat

now color sanding buffing and putting back together:cool10:

looks good so far, I am lucky in Texas it is usually nice enough to paint

Painted mine Friday night all night job: 2 base colors, the pearl on top, a silver strip down the middle and finally clear coat

now color sanding buffing and putting back together:cool10:

Mine will be black, just like the scoot ... but I will be dressing it up some with chrome and some fake carbon fiber, similar to what I did on the scoot. I'll be doing base coat / clear coat and don't expect it to take quite as long as yours... I'll probably do 2 or 3 coats of clear ... let it dry, wet sand that down and a final coat.

The signal color will be a lot easier, wish my bike was 1 color. It would have even been nice if the base color under the Pearl was the same as the lower Radical White on the bottom but it was not.

So shot the bottom let dry, shot the base White for the Pearl let dry, Shot the Pearl let dry, Shot the silver strip let dry and finally the clear took about 9 hr.

Every thing Was fine, I put it by the bike, and got a little upset when and the Pearl looked gold :beersign: (Pearl are hard to match). It will have to be re shot but that will have to wait till fall now I just want it done so I can use it on the 23 of April to go to Leakey Texas:guitarist 2: and still have a hitch to build and wire the trailer .