IGNORED

Is this trailer worth $500?

SilvrT

Probably is. Looks like needs some TLC. You've got your ball peen and silicone, right?

:thumbsup2:

yup ... :D

kinda looks like the trailer is taller than what I've seen most. Wonder how that would pull?

Location is about 3 hr drive so viewing it may be a problem.

I agree with the post concerning frame twist. if the frame is OK, then next would depend on whether you can fix the cosmetic damage or if you have to pay normal rates for body repair.

If you do the work, yes, it is worth it.

then depending on how much normal rate X time to fix added to the original 500 bucks will determine if it is a deal breaker or not.

a plus to fixing it is you have the opportunity to repaint and color match to your scooter.

also, to the post concerning the overal height, while doing repair, a fin / spoiler can be added to help stability since you are doing repairs anyway.

that is my nickel's worth.

is the fiberglass work - that' s not my specialty....

and take a couple quick measurements - axle to tongue / height at each corner / etc...

looks solid and in decent shape.

i'd offer something in the $400 range first -citing concerns that the frame might be tweaked - then come up to $500.

seeems like a pretty decent rig & price....

All the damage to the trike and trailer makes me think either he or someone else sideswiped the rig. Those are tall trailers and while not a factor for that trike it could be for a bike. Also you need to know just what it weighs. Could well be a bit much for a bike there.

Research it well and if it still apeals to you then make a offer but be prepaired to do some bodywork & chrome replacing.

Larry

Worth $500... Nope.. It's a project. Offer him a couple of hundred and see where it goes. If he balks tell him to fix it and you'll give him a grand. :) Fiberglass is easy to work, but the racks, chrome, metal will be a PITA. I don't think the frame's tweaked as the damage seems to be road rash. Frames get bent by impact.

If you are looking for a new cheap motorcycle trailer Harbor frieght is selling one very similar to a piggybacker for $399. says it can carry up to #200 behing a bike. It is a good trailer for the price or for some the only trailer you will ever need.

If you are looking for a new cheap motorcycle trailer Harbor frieght is selling one very similar to a piggybacker for $399. says it can carry up to #200 behing a bike. It is a good trailer for the price or for some the only trailer you will ever need.

We don't have Harbour Freight in this part of the world. :crying:

I heard back from the owner and according to him, the frame is not bent. I believe that to be true considering the kind of damage sustained. I've offered him $200 due to the fact that visible damage can be concealing and may actually be much worse once a person gets into the repair process ... so we'll see what his response is.

Guy got back to me ... he'll "let it go" for $350 so I think I'll make the trip and check it out.

Crap, just realized it'll cost me $100 just for gas LOL

Walk away Rick..... :mo money: The guy's already been paid off by his insurance co. He's in it nada....

Why take a chance (It's only your life)??? You can build this for $500.00 or less and IMHO looks better and probably pulls better and more fuel economic.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=37498

Need any details call me my # in Profile or PM me. Holds 20.5 CuFt too.

Good Luck & BE SAFE!!!

Edited by frogmaster
forgot link

Why take a chance (It's only your life)??? You can build this for $500.00 or less and IMHO looks better and probably pulls better and more fuel economic.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=37498

Need any details call me my # in Profile or PM me. Holds 20.5 CuFt too.

Good Luck & BE SAFE!!!

You boys in the good old US of A seem to either forget or just don't know that ya'll can get stuff that we can't, and do a whole lot more for a whole lot less "down south" than us Canucks can. I've looked all over and nobody I could find sells a similar frame and a similar car top carrier (less capacity and not a snice) alone is $200 plus taxes of 12% up here.

I think I will have as much of a trailer in this one than the one in the link above. Heck, it doesn't weigh more than 150 lbs or so...maybe less coz the wife and I unloaded it from the truck.

As for it's size... the pics are very deceiving...

Overall length = 90"

Width (tire to tire) = 40"

Width of box = 30"

Length of box = 48"

Depth of box (to lid seam) = 18"

Overall height = 39"

Capacity = appx 18 cu ft (inclusive of lid)

a little less that the one you show but this one has space (and a rack) for a cooler.

Walk away Rick..... :mo money: The guy's already been paid off by his insurance co. He's in it nada....

Not so... it wasn't his rig originally, it was an insurance writeoff that he bought. He is a VW bug builder (hobby) and he'd planned on re-doing the 3 wheeler. The trailer just came with it as a package deal. The guy is an RCMP member and very nice family man.

I checked the trailer out and it's not all that bad ... $200 max to repair I figgure. The thing even has 2 spares that mount underneath...all in good shape.

Anyhoo, it's now sitting in my garage. I'll keep a log of costs and take some progress pics and post an update when completed.

In any event, I'm happy (at least at this point LOL).

Thanks guys for the advice tho... I do appreciate it and ya'll.

yeah, sure ya got a good deal on the trailer but can ya really afford it?:smile5:

ya gotta know that all that extra space means that Nina can shop more and fill it up , I am thinking it had to be cheaper with less space to fill up....:mo money:

Brian:Avatars_Gee_George:

yeah, sure ya got a good deal on the trailer but can ya really afford it?:smile5:

ya gotta know that all that extra space means that Nina can shop more and fill it up , I am thinking it had to be cheaper with less space to fill up....:mo money:

Brian:Avatars_Gee_George:

heh ... ya just can't pass up an opportunity for a "dig" can ya? :p :p

so what's the score now??? are you ahead or am I? ... must be you ! :rasberry:

Not so... it wasn't his rig originally, it was an insurance writeoff that he bought. He is a VW bug builder (hobby) and he'd planned on re-doing the 3 wheeler. The trailer just came with it as a package deal. The guy is an RCMP member and very nice family man.

Congrats Rick.... I think??. Anyway, you're happy and that's all that counts. :thumbsup2: