IGNORED

another PastorPaul update...

Blackjack

Monday evening I received a call from PastorPaul. He had just arrived home from the hospital following surgery the previous Tuesday, which I had reported earlier. He sounded pretty good, all in all, which was encouraging. He had hoped to be home last Friday, but there had been a few complications to cause the delay.

About half an hour ago I got a call from Toni to let me know that Paul was being rushed into surgery tonight due to what appears to be a fairly serious infection that has resulted from the surgery.

So, I ask, yet again, for your thoughts and prayers for our good friend Paul in his time of need...

Thank You!

TERRY

Well they better take care of everything this time. Otherwise we may need to have a VR meet at the hospital to take care of things. This is so not fair, the poor man has been through enough already. Continued prayers for him and Toni. I can't imagine what she's going through she was worried about this surgery from the start.

Margaret

Blackjack,

Thank you very much for the updated info.

So sorry to hear Paul had to go back in again for the serious infection and hope he pulls through well. Our thoughts and prayers are with him.

Toni called a few minutes ago to let me know that Paul was out of surgery and resting as comfortably as possible. She has not yet seen the Doctor, so she does not have any details to provide. I'll update this thread tomorrow after I hear from her again.

Toni asked me say "Thanks!" to everyone for your continued prayers and good thoughts, as it means a great deal to both of them. I say "Thank You!" as well...

TERRY

I've just spoken to Toni and she has provided this update:

Paul has what appears to be a serious staph infection. The purpose of the surgery last night was to irrigate and clean the infected area. He has to go into surgery again on Monday to irrigate and clean again. At that point a determination could be made to put him into surgery again on Wednesday, either to irrigate and clean for a third time or to completely remove the previous repairs and start over.

In any case, Paul has at least a week in the hospital and a rather difficult time ahead. To complicate matters, he has become allergic to the morphine. When he does, finally, get home, he will have to stay in a hospital bed hooked up to an intravenous antibiotic pump for an unspecified amount of time.

Toni sends her appreciation for all the good friends here on the Forum and has requested that those of you who attend services ask your congregations to pray for Paul, as well.

Keep praying, and stay tuned...

TERRY

I've just spoken to Toni and it appears that yesterday's surgery was successful in that they might have eliminated all of the infection. Of course, they won't know this for sure until later today or tomorrow, after the test results come in. There is still the possibility that Paul will have to have another surgery tomorrow if there is any infection left. With luck, he might be home by the end of the week...

I'll keep you posted!

TERRY

Paul,

I can certainly say your a consistent man..

I sure hope you get over what has been ailing you very soon.

I don't know about you, but I think you have been through enough already for one man, so lets get going here.

Hopefully, I can one day meet up with Tod and Terry and we can all come back over to your place to see you again after your back on your feet.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you. :thumbsup2: