IGNORED

Doing the Weave

TDunc

Was out last evening to just ride a while and was doing some low speed weaving in my lane. (like weaving the in line cones) was doing about 20-25 and heard/felt a little bumping noise that was reminiscent of a wheel bearing. I stoped and did what I could on the side of the rode to check for a loose front bearing. Don't seem to be that but!!!

I checked (searched) the forum and most people said it was probably a tire issue. They look good. Met 880's

Before I get it on the rack, What are the best ways to determine the problem in your opinion?

well, just from what others have said about Metz. I think I would change them out, others have had "chunking" issues with them and have them come apart. not sure if the tires are the problem or not, but think I would check them out real good... keep us posted as to what you find out..

well, just from what others have said about Metz. I think I would change them out, others have had "chunking" issues with them and have them come apart. not sure if the tires are the problem or not, but think I would check them out real good... keep us posted as to what you find out..

How about this for timeing. I was just about to post a question about my front tire which is a Metz. While riding yesterday I notice what sounded like a flat spot on my front tire. I have looked the tire over and cannot find a flat spot. Now I am wondering if this sound might be coming from a sepration? Anyone had this problem?

Thanks

I`m gonna bump this back up top, so that others that have had them come apart may see it and comment....

How about this for timeing. I was just about to post a question about my front tire which is a Metz. While riding yesterday I notice what sounded like a flat spot on my front tire. I have looked the tire over and cannot find a flat spot. Now I am wondering if this sound might be coming from a sepration? Anyone had this problem?

Thanks

• 5 months later...

BUMP

OK, still feeling the bumping/grinding.

I have had it to the shop and they said it was the front bearings. They replaced those under warranty. Went on a 600 miler this past weekend and felt it again.

It is not a tire issue. I am probably getting ready to tell the dealer that I want the rear bearing done just for good measure. 27000 miles on the bike.

It is not associated with the RPM's of the motor. Is will do it bike running or off, clutch engaged or not, throttle on or not.

It only does it with a little lean to the left or right and only increases with frequency as the bike rolls faster.

I swear it feels like a front bearing but like I said, those were replaced.

I am at a loss and don't know what to check next. :confused24::confused24:

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

BUMP

OK, still feeling the bumping/grinding.

I have had it to the shop and they said it was the front bearings. They replaced those under warranty. Went on a 600 miler this past weekend and felt it again.

It is not a tire issue. I am probably getting ready to tell the dealer that I want the rear bearing done just for good measure. 27000 miles on the bike.

It is not associated with the RPM's of the motor. Is will do it bike running or off, clutch engaged or not, throttle on or not.

It only does it with a little lean to the left or right and only increases with frequency as the bike rolls faster.

I swear it feels like a front bearing but like I said, those were replaced.

I am at a loss and don't know what to check next. :confused24::confused24:

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

It is your rear tire. But your bigger problem is that you have already decided it is not tires without either changing them or finding something else wrong.

IMHO the tires you have are dangerous junk. Not only are they well know for having chunks of tread come off, but all of the rear 880s I have changed out for people show distinct uneven wear on the side tread blocks. This is what is causing your problem.

Goose