IGNORED

Flanders Handle bar Replacement

starkruzen

I seen the Flander bars and the kit they sale to replace cables on a 07 RSTD. I really want to do this for a more comfortable riding position. My question is how difficult 1-10 is this to do one self. I guess my biggest challenge is the cable replacement especially the brake and throttle. Is this a straight forward job? Should I take it the stealer?

Any recommendations would be welcomed.

Thanks

I seen the Flander bars and the kit they sale to replace cables on a 07 RSTD. I really want to do this for a more comfortable riding position. My question is how difficult 1-10 is this to do one self. I guess my biggest challenge is the cable replacement especially the brake and throttle. Is this a straight forward job? Should I take it the stealer?

Any recommendations would be welcomed.

Thanks

I did mine and it wasn't hard, but I did have to buy a brake bleeder (which I wanted anyways) since I had to disconnect the front lines under the triple tree and re-route it. Had to reroute the throttle cable as well. It is a bit tricky with getting them off and back on. If you have any mechanical ability, do it yourself. You will have to decide on what to do about the end weights. You cannot re-use the stock ones unless you do some more fabrication.

Some people have posted that they have gotten by without changing any cables but just doing a bit of re-routing. I changed all of mine. I think that the SS brake lines are worth doing anyway so went ahead and changed the brake and clutch lines as well as the throttle cable. Didn't even try doing it the other way but some have.