IGNORED

2001 yamaha venture Ontario insurance

E-Fishin-C

Why would you pay for collision on a nine year old motorcycle? I dropped mine on my 02 Venture two years ago. I keep liability and uninsured motorist but nothing else.

:farmer:

Simple...just PL and PD it was $883..so for $140 I took the extra

Hi Charlie. Congrats on the new toy. I pay $1077 bike and $115 for the trailer. Total$1255 taxes in. I live in the highest rated Ontario town as I know others with the same bike ,different town, pay less. I am with Riders Plus. I know that some will say the trailer is an extension of the bike and does not need it's own coverage but I am not taking the chance of any thing happening that the insurance company can weasel out of paying so I told them about the trailer and they charge me $115. As you say Charlie for the extra it is piece of mind.

Again congrats and hope to see you sometime this year.

... and with your history with 2nd gen's it was probably a great idea!!!:stirthepot::stirthepot:

Well, since this is his bike, and not someone's else 2nd, he will be fine.

I think he was trying to get rid of all 2nd gens until he came over to the right side. :rasberry::rasberry:

What year is your RSV and have you tried Dalton Timmis as a broker. I have my insurance through them with AVIVA and I pay just over $ 700.00 per with full coverage on 2001 RSV. They are based in Ontario.:guitarist 2:

The question is ....How long have you had a continous Insurance? I havent had a full year

Ft Collins, CO: $225 per year, 86 VR, full coverage, but NO towing. There is a multi car discount.

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE ... I can just get a stand alone policy for (or that includes)

towing?

TKs. JackZ

I don't know if AAA is the same as CAA...but with the "Gold" policy with CAA, as long as the policy owner is with the bike, they'll tow it up to, geeez, I THINK it's 275k's or so.....so, for just over $100 a year, Beth has CAA on whatever car she is, and whatever bike she is on.

Might be worth looking into over there with AAA.

gunk:smile5:

It is true that most of the cost is based on experience(continuous insurance) but AVIVA also has other factors like age , amount of use (keep the numbers low), and actual blue book value. You wil see a decrease each year you keep coverage.

It may be impossible to compare directly, but without collision, I am paying just over $400 for my 88VR through the Economical Insurance Group. This amount is after a 15% age discount (one of the advantages of getting old) and a 20% multi-vehicle discount. I think the purchase price is one of the key factors affecting this rate.