IGNORED

Fuel Shut Off?

clint_1985

Sounds like there's some tiny Dirt between the Oil Filter Cover and the Casing ?

There a several Reasons for a slow Starter. Battery Voltage, Starter Cables, Starter Solenoid, all their Connections, Cable Ground Connection, weak internal Ground on the Starter and others more. You'll need to have a Multimeter to follow the Voltage during Starting, and a fully charged Battery. You could use the Search Box and search slow Starter, this will give a lot to read and an Oversight. Again, you'll need a Meter to take Measurements and know how to use it.

Just a thought here but if the bike is way low on coolant wouldn't the temp gauge NOT show a reading?

One thing you can do if you think the thermostat is stuck shut is turn the valve above the radiator to the "ON" position. For normal running it should show "OFF" but for now setting it to "ON" will bypass the thermo and let the coolant move through the system.

Also did you check the overflow bottle to see if it was filled to the proper level? I'm assuming the gurgling noise you are hearing is coolant going back into the bottle.

Hey Squeeze.....am I correct on the temp reading if the coolant is low? I know older cars are like that.

Mike

Just a thought here but if the bike is way low on coolant wouldn't the temp gauge NOT show a reading?

One thing you can do if you think the thermostat is stuck shut is turn the valve above the radiator to the "ON" position. For normal running it should show "OFF" but for now setting it to "ON" will bypass the thermo and let the coolant move through the system.

Also did you check the overflow bottle to see if it was filled to the proper level? I'm assuming the gurgling noise you are hearing is coolant going back into the bottle.

Hey Squeeze.....am I correct on the temp reading if the coolant is low? I know older cars are like that.

Mike

Yes Mike, you are right !!

The Sensor as well as the Fan Switch are on the upper End, in the Water Collector. But i'd suspect the Sensor Wire being not connected or no proper Ground there in first Place.

Well, shes starting good now. The starter is slow turning so I'm prolly gonna need a new starter soon. Question about the oil filter housing. I replaced the rubber o ring around the housing, and on the bolt. Now i'm leaking oil from the bottom of the housing. So what did I do wrong?

Thanks guys!

There are two ears on the filter housing that should be installed on the top when mating with the engine casing. Maybe it is not sitting flush because of these. Check you filter housing for trueness or defects if not sitting flush.