IGNORED

$6 LED's. $13 S&H. I like it.

YamaDuck

I used 6 LED light strips. Each strip has 48 LED's. Each strip cost $1 and shipping and handling for each strip was $2.59. I had an old switch so I used that to turn them on and off. I bought a mini fuse holder and put a 2 amp fuse in it which is way to high. I need to find a smaller amp fuse. The strips do not come with double sided adhesive so you will need to supply that. I use the 3M external double sided tape since it will be exposed to the eliminates. The wire leads are very very flimsy, if fact they are so small I don't have any wire strippers small enough to strip the insulation off. But with care use should be able to strip the insulation off, I did. I am really surprised the wire carries enough current to light all 48 LED's. I just decided where I wanted to mount the LED's and either mounted them with the double sided tape or tie wraps. I got some 18 gauge wire (red and black) to connect the lights together and to the fuse. I8 gauge is to heavy but that's the smallest I could find. 20 or even 22 gauge would be better. I tried to install them where you could not see them when they were off and would give good reflection of the color. I also tried to stay away from hot surfaces like exhaust pipes and the engine and radiator. I also have not put any around the fairing. (yet) I placed the switch on the frame up under the left side of the drivers seat so I could turn it on and off while riding down the road and it is hard to see. Where the lights are mounted to the gas tank and saddlebags I used quick disconnects so if I have to take those parts off I can disconnect them and remove whatever I need to remove. (You may want to put a label under your seat or in your saddlebag so if anyone else works on your bike they will see the label and disconnect the LED's before they remove anything).

Now you can get these LED's in strips with 12, 24, 48, and 72 LED's in them. The 24 count are about 9 1/2" long. They are all $1 each. The difference is the shipping. The 24 count LED's are around $1.39 to $1.59 each shipping and the 48 are around $2.59 shipping and I think the 72 count are around $3.19 shipping each. They come from Hong Kong and I think they are very bright. I tried different suppliers and they all did fine and it took about 3 weeks to get them. I could by them from US companies for a much higher price but I bet they get them from China or Hong Kong also.

http://stores.ebay.com/verimage_Car-Electronics_W0QQ_sacatZ3270QQ_sidZ566577653QQ_trksidZp4634Q2ec0Q2em322

[/url]

http://stores.ebay.com/Julysky-NO1_Car-Accessory_W0QQ_fsubZ1488935016QQ_sidZ957232966QQ_trksidZp4634Q2ec0Q2em322

These links are ebay so I'm not sure how long they are good for so you may want to bring the links up and save them to your favorite sellers list so you can find them at your discretion. If you have anymore questions or I haven't answered your question please ask it again.

Harry:thumbsup2:

Edited by YamaDuck

I had to return mine. and went with custom dynamics , nice heavy wire on them as well.

Those look really sharp tough. Mine were from a different company. and one of the strips the wire had fallen out cuz it was so thin. I hope they stay together for you! you did a great job on placing them and I love the color!

Jeff

I cut most of the wire away and connected the 18 gauge (wish I had 22 gauge) wire. shrink wraped them so they would not come apart. I figured for $6 for six of them if it did not turn out to good I was out hardly nothing. So far I'm happy. I have 4 12 count strips on order from http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/12V-2...item3caa4eccab also for the smaller areas.

Have any of you guys had any problem with LEOs regarding the blue ones?

My TD came with blue and somone has already said something to me here in town.

I like the green ones on your bike.

I have read the GA law that covers colored LED's and it states that it is illegal to run blue lights in GA. It is not illegal to put them on your bike. As far as I know if the bike is on private property you can turn them on but that could be interpreted as a violation of the law also. Some say that if you turn them on that is running the lights and that is against the law. So that means a trip to court to see how the judge is feeling that day. I put blue lights on my Road Star and it was legal at the time in Ga. but shortly after I ran the blue lights they changed the law here in GA. Si I put the purple lights on. They are not as bright because they are UV lights but then someone said to me "you know you can't run blue lights in GA." so that told me a police officer may make the same mistake. So I don't run either color on my Road Star. Every state is different so you you would have to look up the law in your state. Then there may be city ordinances about it also. So how knows the final answer?:confused24: Thanks for the compliment on the green, hopefully it will be alright.:thumbsup2:

The law in Ga use to be you could not put any flashing blues lights on your vehicle. That's when I put the blue lights on my Road Star. Since they did not flash I was within the law. Shortly after I put the blue lights on they changed the law so you could not run any blue lights. Same thing happened to my son. The window tint law in GA expired so my son had his windows tinted. Six months later they reinstated the window tint law and he has since got two tickets at $155 each for window tinting even though it was legal when he had it installed. I guess it runs in the family.:confused24:

Guest human4m

NC law on lights says you can run blue lights, (or red, and amber) as long as it's only ambient light; it can't be exposed/visible bulbs. SO- Ground Glow, and stuff like that is all allowed.

Of course, there are the Brownies & Boys in Blue that try to give you a hard time (the same ones who gave me a ticket for going 47 in a 45mph zone) that are having bad days, but it's all well and good. Once I know I'm getting a ticket, I just say a few things like, "I believe there's jelly filling on your shirt...." or "You just pulled me over because your wife isn't answering the phone, and you KNOW it's because she's got company..." to tick them off even more. Write all the tickets you want, Officer, my lawyer is well-paid.

:stickpoke:

Guest human4m

I'll have to dig for the info to see where it was posted at, but it was legit.

On a side note, I got my blue LED strips in today... I hooked them up to my 8.6v R/C Airplane charger (Yeah, I know they take 12v) and these things are BRIGHT!!!! I got 6 strips for $13 shipped! I can't wait to mount them up and send in some pics... If my scoot ever gets out of the shop.:fingers crossed:

***Okay, apparently in 2005 the blue light law changed. it used to state that blue lights were legal, as long as they weren't 'forward-facing' but THE MAN squashed that 5 years ago. I haven't had blue lights since 2001, which is when I gave The Fuzz the stink-eye for pulling me over back then. SO- NC Law; No red or blue lights... Unless you have a well-paid lawyer!

I'm still mounting the lights, 5-0 can harrass me all day long, it doesn't change the fact I "dated" JPD Cheify's daughter in 1996!

Edited by human4m
Called my lawyer...

Have any of you guys had any problem with LEOs regarding the blue ones?

My TD came with blue and somone has already said something to me here in town.

I like the green ones on your bike.

Was on an evening dinner ride with a bunch of Goldwingers on Hwy 90 in Biloxi awhile back. One of them had the blue lights underneath and blue 'Ring of Fire' on the wheels. One of the local LEO's tore after us almost causing several wrecks and gave the rider a ticket for the 'Blue Lights'. The rider was a retired LEO at that.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest human4m

So, I installed my blue LED's last weekend... Still haven't ridden it at night. Then the green ones I ordered came in... Anyone want the blue ones? I have 6 strips, each one is 12" long, and they're BRIGHT blue.

***EDIT: LED's spoken for!

Edited by human4m