IGNORED

Wisconsin to Bike Week via the RSV

Scooter Bob

If you take out the afternoon I arrived in Daytona till later in the morning the next day when I got away from there, it's been pretty much all sunshine this whole trip.:sun:

:2143: Lord, give one more day of it please. :fingers-crossed-emo:2132:

I put on 460 today, 3260 for the trip so far.

Only one state between us now honey.:173::banana:

I left out off the mountain top this morning around 8, rode about 100 miles north on I77 in WV, then took US33 from the lower right to the upper left of OHIO. Had Lunch with VR member Dave Wells and his co worker Jeff southeast of Columbus.

Then took some backroads around Fort Wayne to South Whitley, Indiana to visit a bit with my Uncle and Grandma and their significant others. :)

I've ended up in Warsaw, IN, almost halfway across the state.

Thanks everyone for following along and enjoying this trip with me.;)

Later, Scooter Bob

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Dan..

:scratchchin:As long as your stuck home for the WHOLE weekend, you wanna ride home with me?:think:

Or, :whistling:since this is a PG site, :whistling:do you not want to see all that mushy stuff that's gonna go on when I get home?:Im not listening to

Later, Scooter Bob :Venture:

I see you grabbed US33 out of Ravenswood WV, I have gone that route several times and I would have liked to done it on a bike. Your trip is awsome to read Bob, I am so glad you got to get out and down south here. It was great spending time with you in Loozianner and reading of your tales. Tons of great memories on this trip...good for you my friend!

:thumbsup2:

Hey Dan..

:scratchchin:As long as your stuck home for the WHOLE weekend, you wanna ride home with me?:think:

Or, :whistling:since this is a PG site, :whistling:do you not want to see all that mushy stuff that's gonna go on when I get home?:Im not listening to

I already told Karen to take it easy on you when you get home because of all your sunburn..:stirthepot: :D :crackup::crackup:

Oh and congrats on getting the pic of your bike at the beach..:beer:.

I would have thought one of our many southern riders would have nailed this one a long time ago...:stickpoke: :stickpoke: :stirthepot::stirthepot:

But hey,it's all good..What's the next target ????????? :D:D

Hey Dan..

Karen thinks I should rephrase this question.:think:

You wanna ride home with me, You, or you and Shari, on your bike, and me on mine?

I gotta start previewing closer before I post these things,:doh: especially since folks know I'm getting pretty lonely out here.

Bob, the wife and I did get that ride today, about 45 degrees, sunny, and we rode to lunch to meet our youngest son (doesn't ride, but he is a driving school instructor, so he is OK). We had a great ride.

I guess you are getting back just in time, supposed to rain Saturday night or Sunday I hear.

Safe journey, and thanks for taking us all along through your posts.

Bob, what roads are you taking back? might meet ya for a soda?

mike.

Thanks for the offer Mike, but I'll probably be heading up through Milwaukee on the way home. :sign thanks but no

Other than that 3 miles west to Kenny and Beth's house from Bogalusa and back into town, :think: I haven't run the same road twice on this trip. Hate to start now with a run home from Rockford. (right Honey?)

We'll get a hold of ya next time we're in the neighborhood.:happy34:

Thanks again for the targets, and the scenery tips.:You_Rock_Emoticon:

Later, Scooter Bob

Karen thinks I should rephrase this question.:think:

You wanna ride home with me, You, or you and Shari, on your bike, and me on mine?

I gotta start previewing closer before I post these things,:doh: especially since folks know I'm getting pretty lonely out here.

LMAO I'll pass on the b***h ride, thanks.....Plus Karen looks way better on the back of your scoot then I could ever hope to look.:)

I know how it is to be gone for a week or two,so we will NOT be seeing you guys this weekend....:D

I think it will be less than 300 miles, and this trip is done. Leaving in the bright sunshine again, Life is good.

I'm on the way honey.

Will probably stop in Valparasio and pick up some turkey pot pies for Red Rider. These scavenger hunt targets keep getting tougher.

Probably won't get on the puter tonight, as I have some things to take care of when I get home that I can't discuss on this PG site.

:sun1: Got home a little after 3 yesterday, a nice easy 310 mile day to end the trip.:happy65:

3,570 miles for the trip! Nice way to start out the riding season!:cool10:

Took I 94 from IN all the way through Chicago this time (probably cus I had garmin set for no tolls):scratchchin:. Had to slow down to 30 mph for about 2 minutes near downtown, other than that I was more worried about getting run over, and I was doing 70!:confused24:

Life is so good!:banana::clap2::thumbsup:

As I crossed the state line into WI, John Denver was blairin' through the speakers from the roadhouse channel on XM. He was singing

"hey it's good to be back home again":banana::dancefool: :cool10: :hurts:

And when I get into town, I had to just crank up the tunes again. The Carpenters were singin'

"I'm on the top of the world" as I rolled into the driveway!:banana::dancefool: :cool10: :hurts:

Thanks again to everyone that has been following along and enjoying the trip with me!:bighug:

A few more memories to follow, Scooter Bob

I met up with Jeff (Red Rider from Fond du Lac) just over the border into WI.

I had to deliver a load of bootleg, out of state, turkey pot pies from Indiana.

Also swapped my stock seat for his with the Butler mod done to it.

It wasn't the miracle my butt was hoping for, but probably cus my butt was already shot.

Certainly wasn't any worse, so I think I'll keep it. Probably work much better with a fresh butt on it, and no snowmobile suit.

Ended up BSin' for over an hour

Nice seein' you again Jeff (outside of work). We'll keep in touch.

Later, Scooter Bob

:sign kewl:

I saw more bikes on the road in the county I live in, than I've seen since heading north from Charrlette, NC.:banana:

Everybody enjoying the 40 degrees and sunshine:sun1: here in Wisconsin.:hurts:

Even the two Beemer Riders had time for a big Wave.:thumbsup2:

Later, Scooter Bob

Thanks again to everyone that has been following along and enjoying the trip with me!:bighug:

Bob, Its THANK YOU for sharing your trip with us.

It sounds like you had a great time. and most of us wish we could have joined you.

Glad to see you safe back in your honeys hands.

Bob, Its THANK YOU for sharing your trip with us.

It sounds like you had a great time. and most of us wish we could have joined you.

Glad to see you safe back in your honeys hands.

:sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that: Great travel report!!!!!!!!!!!! Was looking forward to each post!!!!!!!!!

Bryan

:sun1: Got home a little after 3 yesterday, a nice easy 310 mile day to end the trip.:happy65:

3,570 miles for the trip! Nice way to start out the riding season!:cool10:

Took I 94 from IN all the way through Chicago this time (probably cus I had garmin set for no tolls):scratchchin:. Had to slow down to 30 mph for about 2 minutes near downtown, other than that I was more worried about getting run over, and I was doing 70!:confused24:

, Scooter Bob

Ok folks,we have been had...:whistling:

This was a imposter Scooter Bob posting this story..

The real Scooter Bob would have by-passed Chicago..:stickpoke::stickpoke:

:rasberry::rasberry: :crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup: :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Ok folks,we have been had...:whistling:

This was a imposter Scooter Bob posting this story..

The real Scooter Bob would have by-passed Chicago..:stickpoke::stickpoke:

:rasberry::rasberry: :crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup: :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Ya, Ya, Dan. :sign funny post:

I was in a hurry to get home:173:, and nobody on the back to pull my hair out:173:, so I grinned and beared it.:smile5:

Later, Scooter Bob

... home with your honey. If I had your years and my love of bike riding since age 45 that I have now and with that youth at age 71, I'd taken the same ride!

Thanks for sharing it and we were all enjoying your trip with you, and putting in a few prayers and lighted candles for you as well.

Now rest your butt.

Jack Z

Ft Collins, CO