IGNORED

Wisconsin to Bike Week via the RSV

Scooter Bob

ALL of us were there with you wishing we could have done your trip together with you, but could not due to work, weather, money and (for me) age. Ah, but 50's and upper 50's thorugh Sun here in Ft. Collins. I'm out of here, and happy!

Ride safe, and Hope you keep finding those places that are not D R Y! LOL

Be safe and happily nuts, and prayers for the same!

JackZ

Ft Collins, CO

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who woulda thought fresh laid asphalt could smell sooo goood. Went by several repaving sights yesterday.:178:

Unfortunatly, they need to take a lesson from the WI road crews. I tried to get off the big road about 30 miles back cus they had rooms. They had laid new blacktop on the ramp, but left a straight up 2" wall all along my lane edge:shock3:. 70 MPH traffic all around, didn't see any break in that egde, so I just twisted the wick back up and kept going.

:think: In WI they would have smoothed that edge out somewhere along there to get a scoot up it safely. :whistling:

Later, Scooter Bob

Looks like that big storm:rain2: blew through here pretty quick early this morning.

:sun1:Suns beating in my window already, life is sooo goood.:banana:

I guess I better start packing. I'm only a couple hours from Daytona, so I'll head up there today,

buy my T-shirts:mo money:,

find a seashell for my sweet and loving and understanding girlfriend:173:,

and get back out to Deland to the ABATE of FL campground for the night.

Probably won't be able to get this puter hooked up tonight, so if you've got any crap to throw at me, or any more thumbs up, better get it done this morning.:sign bring it on:

Later, Scooter Bob :Venture:

After the M&W, I want to get to Cocoa Beach by Monday night to see a Delta IV rocket launch. :banana:

That's government planning fer ya..

First it delayed to tuesday night, then a couple days ago they moved it to Wednesday night(probably because of the storm last night), now it's out to Thursday night.

Don't think I can wait around that long. Oh well, I tried.

Later, Scooter Bob

ok bob!!

you, your bike, a palm tree and 2 other ventures!! oh, and a beach for don!!

heck, you have hit every other target that has been requested, why stop now??

Can I cheat a little?

There are a few other VR members down here, I may give them a call..

Probably gonna head to the Speedway too, supposed to be Yamaha factory display there...

Later, Scooter Bob :Venture:

Way to go Bob, have a beer for us! (after the ride!)

Too bad about the rocket launch, Heck why not explore some more of those interior two-lanes for a couple more days?

Get that picture of the beach yet?

Edit: OH, if you get as far south as Lake Okeechobee, might consider going to a place called Ave Maria. A Catholic community that is just West of Rt 29 south of Immokalee (yea, it is a LONG way south!) but you asked about other "targets" and this one is worth visiting. Great place to stop, although I don't think they have beer, Try one of the smoothies at one of the places. If there is a Disneyland for Catholics, this is it, and they don't mind motorcycles. Really it is more interesting than you might think.

Ride safe, or like the British MGB owners say: "Safety - FAST!"

Edited by dynodon

Scooter said that there won't be an opportunity for him to post today so you will hear from me instead. Sorry folks, but I am not as colorful as Scooter :p.

I spoke to Scooter Bob around 5 this evening. He visited the Daytona Speedway to tour the Yamaha booth and said that there were no Ventures there on display. He arrived later this afternoon at the Abate campground near Daytona. He has already bought his patch that says "I Rode Mine, Daytona 2010" :Venture:. Now we just have to find room on his vest to sew it on. Scooter ran into an old friend from Wisconsin who is also camping at the Abate campground. Mad Dog is his name and he stayed at the Abate campground that Abate Region 1I in Wisconsin set up for the Harley 105th. It is soooo windy at the campsite that most of the tents are blowing over. Scooter probably will not even set up his tent, rather he will bunk with Mad Dog. Here goes my colorful side :stirthepot:...I sure hope he doesn't wake up in the middle of the night and forget who he is camping with...if you know what I mean :Im not listening toLOL. It has also been raining:250: most of the time he has even been at the campground but he said :beersign:HE'S GOT BEER, LIFE IS GOOD".

He has also made contact with Shot from North Carolina and is hoping to meet up with him during his ride back home to Wisconsin. He will post more pics and his own humorous side of the story tomorrow when he can utilize his computer. I am probaby already in big trouble when he reads this post that I have put here. Oh well, life is full of opportunities for excitement right. Support me here, I may need it once Scooter reads this post.

Til later when you hear from Scooter.

Hopefully still his other (better?) half. If not, I actually qualify to fill the shoes that Boomer is looking for too :stickpoke:.

Karen

Well ladyfyrefiter we think ScooterBob has a sense of humor and you ain't in to much trouble. Besides he is going to take a week to thaw out on the way back. You can make it up to him ANYWAY you want!

BoomerCPO is always on the prowl so keep your eyes pealed.:Avatars_Gee_George:

Headed north out of ....wherever I was,:think: exit 301 off of I75... to Ocala, then took the two lane Hwy 40 across to Daytona and hit the Speedway to check out the vendors.

I made it!:dancefool::thumbsup::clap2::cool10::banana::happy65:

Counting my bike in the lot there were a total of two, count 'em 2 ventures there. The other one was on display at the Yamy tent.:scratchchin: They didn't even have one in the test ride fleet.:confused24:

Kawi had two of their new baggers in their test fleet, and 3 more in the display. What's that tell ya?:whistling:

Anyway, that was enough traffic and noise for me already, :bang head:

so I snagged T-shirts for the family, and headed to the ABATE campground about 20 miles out of the mess.

Ended up camping next to another Cheesehead, that I know even, who trailered to a relative near Nashville, and rode the rest of the way. He was going to head back the way I came down to snag a few more states for his map before heading back to TN and WI.:happy34:

It got cloudy and cold in the afternoon, and the wind picked up big time, and never quit. I did set up my own tent and sleep in it too...if you can call it sleep when the tent keeps blowing down on your head.:confused24:

More to come, Scooter Bob :Venture:

After a crappy night of pushing the tent off my face, I packed up and said my good bye's to my new ABATE friends in FL and to my fellow cheesehead Mad Dog.

I left Florida, believe it or not, IN MY SNOWMOBILE SUIT. :confused24:I hadn't planned on putting that on for a day or two yet, but it was needed to stay warm and fight off the wind all day. It was in the lower 40's when I left.:cold:

I followed the advice of my beer tender last night and took a two lane hiway 17 north out of Deland for about an hour, and headed east to find nothing but water in St Augustine. I finally found my sunshine again.:sun:

While on the beach, I snagged some shells for my honey :173: and family..(I miss you sooo muuuch..:95:

From there, I jumped on the big road (I95) and headed north.

Ended up in Walterboro, SC.

I was just 10 miles shy of 2,000 miles (these are all venture odometer miles) when I set up camp last night, now at about 2,350 so far.:happy34:

Later, Scooter Bob :Venture::thumbsup2::cool10:

It was laying on the beach waaayy away from the water. I don't know if it was dead or alive,:scratchchin: or if I should kick it back into the water.:confused24:

A lady taking bird pics (she was from Watertown, WI, about half an hour south of us, she recognized my accent) thought it might be a jellyfish.

So, what is it? Scooter Bob

I miss you too:173:. Are you going to set up a new photo op :photographing: for the scavenger hunt now that you got your own at the beach :stickpoke:?

Ya, I haven't got that far yet, I actually thought I crashed the VR site on my last post, took forever to do anything and to get connected again..

Love, Scooter Bob

It was laying on the beach waaayy away from the water. I don't know if it was dead or alive,:scratchchin: or if I should kick it back into the water.:confused24:

A lady taking bird pics (she was from Watertown, WI, about half an hour south of us, she recognized my accent) thought it might be a jellyfish.

So, what is it? Scooter Bob

That is SQUIDLY's Cousin Mr Jelly fish LOL :crackup: