IGNORED

It has been 44 days!

Cougar

Congratulations on deciding on not wanting to be part of one of the most addictive delivery systems of getting a drug into your body known to man. Keep in mind that smoking is not a natural human activity and you had to make yourself learn to do it.

When I was 14, with two parents that smoked and most all of my friends beginning to out right smoke, I got a motorcycle. At that time, and even now, the price of a pack if cigarettes and a gallon of gas were about the same. Now, I understand that anything other than the cheapest cigarettes are a lot more. But, I came to the conclusion very quickly that I could have a lot more fun with a gallon of gas than a pack of cigarettes. I also feel confident that all of the money I have ever spent on motorcycling is less than what I would have spent on tobacco.

Keep it up and just remember, you don't need to force your body to get back into being part of the most common cause of premature deaths. And, from what I have witnessed, it is a horrible way to die.

RandyA

Wow, Woke up this AM and BTW it is now day 45 , and I turn the computer on and see all this wonderful knowledge , information and great tips! THANKS!

I did also do one other thing that seems to help me. like Tom I HAD to have my coffee and smokes on the way to work while driving. About 5 cigarettes in 30 minutes. so what really helped me was to stop drinking coffee as well. seems to work.

Again thanks for all your wonderful support! I must stop this crazy Addiction!

I WILL, I stopped Drinking about 5 years ago as well, I love drinking to much, but I was a happy drunk! :D Smokes and Booze / Coffee and Smoke! what a wonderful mix that was. so now I will just be addicted to life and spend more money on bike projects! *yippy*

(wife never smoked)

Jeff

Edited by Cougar

After smoking for 10 years, I quit 30 years ago. haven't breathed in any smoke since then except from campfires and tires at the track! :) Good for you! The hard part is pretty much over. Watch out for things like emergencies/bad news etc. Moods can give you the urge to go back to old habits. RESIST!

At prices today, you can buy a lot of stuff with the money you save. Keep thinking of the new chrome for the scoot!

I think EX-Smokers are mean people. I do not want to be like that. (going to try)

My Wife is a NON-SMOKER and has never acted like an EX-smoker

even if she has to be around it. I always said to myself I never want to be an

ex-smoker.

I do now smell the after smoke smell on people and wow I used to smell like that?

BUT , I still love the smell when someone lights one up.. very strange.

THANKS THANKS THANKS for the support gang! :D

Cougar,

Congratulations to you, but it's not downhill yet. Probably one of the hardest things I've ever done. I also quit cold turkey in 87 after 20+ years of a pack a day.

I'd say it took a good 5 years to not want to smoke a cig again.

Hang in there and yes, you did smell like that. Yuk, ya, I know, I did too.

Steve

Jeff,

I smoked 2 to 3 packs a day for 21 years, remember that smell of a fresh lit smoke, or even better a fresh zippo lit smoke, yup i still like it ten years later, i still have ash trays in my home and welcome a smoker to light up. yep the smoke stinks after they have gone and that helps me to keep from it.

i emptied the ashtray and the stink from my truck 2 years after i quit, the stink in that ashtray helped me quit also.

i always said that when i quit, that i would not be one of those stuck up ex smokers that pitched a ***** at a habbit that they once were addicted to, and it's that way of looking at it , that helps me to Never smoke again. try the "flossers" tooth picks from walgreens or walmart, they come in mint also.. no calories, no slivers, less trips to the dentist and you don't have to stand 15 feet from the door to enjoy them.

10 years and holding.

mike

YES SIR RE BOB ! 50 DAYS NOW!:225: *yippy* I am doing compulsive

modification to the bike I don't know how many more I can do :confused24:

when that is ALL done maybe I will start smoking again! *LOL*

NOPE NOPE NOPE!

make sure you check in from time to time and keep reminding me I quit

Smoking! :D Life is good! Now I am putting $1,500 into my wifes show car

Francis , engine rebuild and a few other things , for this coming show season.

PIXAR studios wants use to drive him over to Calif, for there July Car show this year.:scratchchin: she has won 4 trophy's now with him. :)

i will check in from time to time, and you can be certain that i will give you plenty of crap! if you fall off!!

i will reminde you with the fire man to keep the fire out!!

good for you man!! and don't become one of those people that you hate.. leave them ashtrays in place to remind yourself that your no longer a smoker.

now get back to the dremmel and the epoxy! no sniffin the glue!

mike

Oh man, I have lights going on , another set of gauges, dremaling aways on emblems, bike is all tore apart again. garage heated, have about 7 projects on the bike done already! yadda , yadda yadda! Oh and here is Francis's Web page

on Facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Francis-the-Ladybug-Volkswagen-Beetle-1967/132329997449?ref=ts

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Francis-the-Ladybug-Volkswagen-Beetle-1967/132329997449?ref=ts#!/album.php?aid=107342&id=132329997449

He was created by John Lasader and Pixar Studio's about 12 years ago when

A BUGS LIFE came out. The headliner is signed by all the voice actors in the movie.

Even Phillys Diller's signed name is on his headliner in him. not in bad shape for over 40 years old. He has been fun. and the kids go crazy over him as well.

We also might be bring him the the Des Mones, IA Antique Road Show this coming June if we get invited, we applied for the tickets. and will not know until may 1st if he ws excepted or not. he is also a collectible.

So ya see can not afford to smoke anymore! :rasberry:

I purchased Francis for my wife's anniversary present last year and surprised her with him. she fell in love with him right away!

• 3 weeks later...
That would come to date $379.50 (smokes) So I ordered my PCW Clutch Up-grade Just now :big-grin-emoticon:. So much more to buy! I think New Stater Up-Grade this winter:scratchchin:

talk to daveb b4 you order that stator!

congrads on the no smokin!! keep it up!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...