IGNORED

Tach for maintenance work

Been looking at Tach's for maintenance work. I would like one that works with both the Venture V4 and V-Twins. This is the only one I've found that will do from 1-12 cylinders. It also provides three means of connection(s).

What type of ignition system does the 2004 Venture have? How about an 2005 V-Star 1100. A Multiple Spark Ignition System orDirect (coil on plug) Ignition System

This is the Tach I'm thinking about. Will it work? I like the Inductive Pick-Up on Spark Plug Wire for maintenance work. Thanks in advance.

The tach has two wires.

One wraps around the spark plug wire two or three times.

The other is a ground wire that does not need to be hooked up for the tach to function, its purpose is to run the hour meter part of unit.

The tach can be set to read, 1 rpm for every plug fire, 1/2 rpm for every plug fire or 2 rpm for every plug fire.

I am not sure if it will work with a COPs type coil.

I tried it on a V8 Dodge and a lawn mower, both worked fine.

I just shipped over 40 out today, so there ought to be some feedback in near future.

Gary

Edited by dingy

The tach has two wires.

One wraps around the spark plug wire two or three times.

The other is a ground wire that does not need to be hooked up for the tach to function, its purpose is to run the hour meter part of unit.

The tach can be set to read, 1 rpm for every plug fire, 1/2 rpm for every plug fire or 2 rpm for every plug fire.

I am not sure if it will work with a COPs type coil.

I tried it on a V8 Dodge and a lawn mower, both worked fine.

I just shipped over 40 out today, so there ought to be some feedback in near future.

Gary

OK, I want one. PM sent