IGNORED

Pin Striper available for Freebird's Maintenance Day

Freebird

OK folks...thanks to the help of member Adventure 1943, it looks likely that we will have a great pin striper available at Maintenance Day this year. He is at a rally this weekend and will confirm for sure when he gets home and checks his calendar but he has tentatively confirmed that he will be here. Here is his website so you can get an idea of the great work that he does.

http://www.jaybirdcustomart.com/index.php

At this time, he is looking at being here on Friday and Saturday so he should be able to accommodate a good number of folks that want some work done.

He has also made the generous offer of donating one basic pin striping job for us to raffle off. Once I get it completely confirmed that he will be here, I will post more details about the raffle but my thoughts are that the money from the raffle will be for a charity. Eileen is now volunteering at a couple of different domestic violence centers so I will likely choose one of those as the charity for this particular event.

So...if you haven't made plans to attend Maintenace Day at this point, now you have a bit more incentive to do so. There will be at least a couple of more vendors here also.

The Butt Butler: Rick will be here and doing a LIMITED number of seats this year. He is bringing his wife and plans to do only a limited number of seats so that he can spend some time visiting instead of working daylight til dark.

Mic-Mutes: Once again Bill will be here with his Mic-Mutes. This is a product that I've had on my bike for several years now and I HIGHLY recommend it. It is a feature that should have been standard equipment on the RSV.

So....come one and come all. I can't believe that I'm saying this but come early. :) Though this event has always been a one day (Saturday) event, that small fact seems to have become routinely ignored with people showing up as early as Thursday evening and many not leaving until Sunday morning. But...I'm not complaining. It is always a great time.

I look forward to seeing many old friends and making new friends. If you have never attended, don't be shy. It's a fun and family oriented event. You WILL be made to feel welcome.

OK folks...thanks to the help of member Adventure 1943, it looks likely that we will have a great pin striper available at Maintenance Day this year. He is at a rally this weekend and will confirm for sure when he gets home and checks his calendar but he has tentatively confirmed that he will be here. Here is his website so you can get an idea of the great work that he does.

http://www.jaybirdcustomart.com/index.php

At this time, he is looking at being here on Friday and Saturday so he should be able to accommodate a good number of folks that want some work done.

He has also made the generous offer of donating one basic pin striping job for us to raffle off. Once I get it completely confirmed that he will be here, I will post more details about the raffle but my thoughts are that the money from the raffle will be for a charity. Eileen is now volunteering at a couple of different domestic violence centers so I will likely choose one of those as the charity for this particular event.

So...if you haven't made plans to attend Maintenace Day at this point, now you have a bit more incentive to do so. There will be at least a couple of more vendors here also.

The Butt Butler: Rick will be here and doing a LIMITED number of seats this year. He is bringing his wife and plans to do only a limited number of seats so that he can spend some time visiting instead of working daylight til dark.

Mic-Mutes: Once again Bill will be here with his Mic-Mutes. This is a product that I've had on my bike for several years now and I HIGHLY recommend it. It is a feature that should have been standard equipment on the RSV.

So....come one and come all. I can't believe that I'm saying this but come early. :) Though this event has always been a one day (Saturday) event, that small fact seems to have become routinely ignored with people showing up as early as Thursday evening and many not leaving until Sunday morning. But...I'm not complaining. It is always a great time.

I look forward to seeing many old friends and making new friends. If you have never attended, don't be shy. It's a fun and family oriented event. You WILL be made to feel welcome.

Beth and I were at Honda Homecoming in Marysville a couple of years ago, near the end of the day, and we met a pin stripe artist from West Virginia I believe......we hummed and hawed, and turned his generous offer down. Regretted it ever since!

You can bet we'll be in line for some pinstripes this year!!:stickpoke:

Great stuff Don, keep up the GREAT work! I certainly appreciate your efforts!

gunk:bowdown:

I bet he would pinstripe most anything. :) I did talk to him yesterday and he has committed to being here. He also agreed to give away one two color pinstriping job to be raffled off. I've not decided yet if I'll start selling the raffle tickets here online before Maintenance Day or just wait and sell them here during the event. Either way, all the proceeds from the raffle will go to charity, specifically the Domestic Violence Center where Eileen volunteers.

I've heard very good things about his work. I don't know that I'll have any pinstriping done on my bike yet, I've never really thought much about it. I may have our names put on our helmets though.

I also haven't decided on the price of the raffle tickets. I'm open to your suggestions. I'm thinking in the range of $1.00 - $5.00 or maybe $2.00 each or 3 for $5.00?