IGNORED

groundhogs day

oldgoat

lets pray this animal doesent see his shadow. i cant stand the thought of 6 more weeks of winter. i need warm sunny days to go to the garage and work on the bike. its not heated and bro -inlaw wont let me work in there till its warm enough for him to pull out his crap and leave it out side so i can move the bike around. i understand he needs the lawn tractor in there as well as his quad 4x4 but come on. old fridge in there from the days when you placed ice in the top?? old mason tools. old traps ,old railroad ties, old bricks, old bikes. hes a packrat. some of these things he will never use again since his stroke. im lucky theres room in there to park the venture. but gee i get bored and i want to get the bike worked on.

Actually, I hope he does see his shadow. And, why do you think I would say that? According to the research, he is wrong 60% of the time, So, if he sees his shadow, then statistically we have a better chance at winter being over sooner.

Either way, I can not remember a winter in my lifetime I want over more than this one, and for all the other stuff I am dealing with.

He sure would not see his shadow around here, we have freezing rain.

But, "This too shall pass"

RandyA

It is his garage:confused24:, those are treasured :bighug:things to him, and you are a guest there.....bang%20head.gif......But spring is just around the corner............:stirthepot::stirthepot:

But it could be worse, you bike could be sitting outside under a tarp....or not.......:stickpoke::stickpoke:

lets pray this animal doesent see his shadow. i cant stand the thought of 6 more weeks of winter. i need warm sunny days to go to the garage and work on the bike. its not heated and bro -inlaw wont let me work in there till its warm enough for him to pull out his crap and leave it out side so i can move the bike around. i understand he needs the lawn tractor in there as well as his quad 4x4 but come on. old fridge in there from the days when you placed ice in the top?? old mason tools. old traps ,old railroad ties, old bricks, old bikes. hes a packrat. some of these things he will never use again since his stroke. im lucky theres room in there to park the venture. but gee i get bored and i want to get the bike worked on.

Where did the whole groundhog seeing his shadow thing come from anyway?

It doesn't matter anyway. There's usually 5-6 months of it a year here no matter what.

Ya, six more weeks of winter here would be nice.

:cold:

Ask and ye shall receive. Oh Phil in PA says more winter but Lee in Atlanta says no. This link tells ya the story of how this all started.

http://www.stormfax.com/ghogday.htm

Margaret

Years ago I killed every single one of them critters I ever came across. The thought of listening to a fable about a groundhog predicting the weather makes about as much sense as trying to answer the question"why".:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::D COME ON SPRING!!!!!!!!!!!! SCREW THE GROUNDHOG!

yep he saw that shadow 6 more weeks of winter? well right now where im at its raining. in illinois. so im going to pretend its april. after all april showers bring may flowers.

and what did mayflowers bring???

PILGRIMS OF COURSE:hurts:

yep he saw that shadow 6 more weeks of winter? well right now where im at its raining. in illinois. so im going to pretend its april. after all april showers bring may flowers.

and what did mayflowers bring???

PILGRIMS OF COURSE:hurts:

Now your skipping spring and summer and headed back to November. I thought you liked us?:crackup: