IGNORED

Just reminiscing a bit

Condor

Maybe some of you are old enough to remember way back when in the days of Model A Fords, Oasis Desert Bags that hung in front of radiators, and evoporative swamp coolers that hung in the side window. Mom and Dad used to cook meals on the exhaust manifold of the motor. Ate a lot of hot meals while traveling cross country from NY to CA in the '40's that way. Pot roasts, beef stews, hot dogs, baked potatoes. Now that was roughing it. Just wondering if anyone has ever tried doing this on a Venture??? Maybe those that tow a tent trailer???

Found this site on Google.

Manifold Cooking

Plus a bunch of others.....

Edited by Condor

Yes I agrre thanks for the memories. I had forgotten all about Manifold cooking!

Back when my boys were younger, we would race gokarts all through the southeast. by the time we got to where we were going we'd be tired and have no time to cook. So we started cooking as we rode to the tracks, and when we got there lunch or dinner would be ready..:hihi:

I ran across a few old hands that drove OTR freight trucks and they had a few "specials" that were manifold dielights as they called them. A 300 mile run was as good as a crock pot to those guys.

Better than road kill I suppose. Wait.....I think that was what they were cooking. :Bunny2:

Edited by Snaggletooth

Didn't know we had any members that old...............that would make you 80 or older......:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:..

Maybe some of you are old enough to remember way back when in the days of Model A Fords, Oasis Desert Bags that hung in front of radiators, and evoporative swamp coolers that hung in the side window. Mom and Dad used to cook meals on the exhaust manifold of the motor. Ate a lot of hot meals while traveling cross country from NY to CA in the '40's that way. Pot roasts, beef stews, hot dogs, baked potatoes. Now that was roughing it. Just wondering if anyone has ever tried doing this on a Venture??? Maybe those that tow a tent trailer???

Found this site on Google.

Manifold Cooking

Plus a bunch of others.....

Not sure how you'd cook on a bike motor. How would you keep it on there? Oh and what the heck is an oasis desert bag and what did it do? I'm not old enough to know about that stuff. Only ever saw Model A's in museums. :crackup::crackup:

Margaret

That is what that extra piece is for in the on the left rear valve cover on on the

RSTD And Venture I looked you can fit a burger on it

Some one posted earlier today referencing that extra part

:rolleyes:

we didn't manifold cook, but we traveled cross country between California and Louisiana. we stopped somewhere and used the coleman stoves and heated/cooked canned (insert you favorited can food name) or whatever Mom had picked up. i was just old enough to remember the travels but not many stops. this was in the mid 60's. we made the trip in a '63 chevy pickup w/a topper on the bed. those were the days - cause i didn't worry about stuff adults worry about - like i do now.