IGNORED

Difference between standard model and Royale

bigfoot590

I am just wondering if anyone can tell me what all options the Royale came with in 84 that the standard did not?

Thanks

Radio / cassette deck & onboard control, air compressor, valving (CLASS) for adusting the suspension. The CLASS only works, when the key is in the ACC position.

I am just wondering if anyone can tell me what all options the Royale came with in 84 that the standard did not?

Thanks

Also

Cruise control, upgraded dash with gear position indicator & stop watch functions on clock.

Gary

Thanks for the replies. I might have to look at adding some of these accessories in the future. It should be here in a few hours and I am really looking forward to getting started on it. I wish that it was the Royale but for less that $100 I am not going to complain :D.

It seems as though it was mentioned in here somewhere that the "upgraded" dash was an "option" in late 83. But was then standard in 84-93.

Please correct me if I am wrong. I'll try to find that thread.

It wasn't actually an option. A few of the very late '83's were actually '84 models with '83 VIN#'s. I own one and have run into several others....

Youse guys have forgotten about color. In '84 the VR's were red and the standards were gold. The oposite of '83. I believe the Midnight Special might have came both ways. The big difference between the standard and royale all the way through to '88 was the CLASS system. The standard could have the radio/intercom added as an option. From '88 on they dropped the standard.

Edited by Condor

they only had the CB for 86 and up didnt they?

I cant find a CB for my 85, the oldest year i can find's an 86

Yes they did, both a factory and aftermarket version. Both were two box systems similar to the radio unit with the switches and display on one unit, and the transmitter and receiver in another box buried in the fairing below, just like the radio.

If you look at your amplifier chassis you will see there is a din socket for the CB cable from the box to the audio system...

Well my friend delivered the bike today. It is going to need some work, mostly cosmetic. Plastics are all there and in decent shape. All of it needs paint. I will also be needing a replacement windshield. The original color was blue/silver. On the history page what does the L/KC2 mean and what is the difference? I am really looking forward to this project and getting it back on the road.

Well my friend delivered the bike today. It is going to need some work, mostly cosmetic. Plastics are all there and in decent shape. All of it needs paint. I will also be needing a replacement windshield. The original color was blue/silver. On the history page what does the L/KC2 mean and what is the difference? I am really looking forward to this project and getting it back on the road.

L/KC2 was model # designator for 1984

Starting serial # 47R-000101 for XVZ12L/KC2 - Standard

Starting serial # 47T-000101 for XVZ12DL/DKC2 - Deluxe

Here is a link to service manual in case you need it.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=43688

Gary

Mine has AM/FM, CB, no class, no cassette...........and I do believe that the CB and AM/FM are the same on all 1st Gens.At least on all the ones I have seen.

That may be so, but I have never seen an OEM cb on an 85 VR. Most of us 85 VR's have the rest of the toys but the cb's seem to be scarce.

BRian