IGNORED

hadaka??

oldgoat

i might have spelled it wrong?

tonight my nephew called me to ask me about a combat wombat motorcycle?

has a chrome gas tank. and is in fair condition. hes been shoveling snow and doing chores for a neighbor who broke his hip. the man offerd him this motorcycle and about 200.00 cash for all the help he has been doing so far.

so i might be spelling it wrong and cant find any info on it.

so my questions are

1=can he still get and find parts for this bike

2= who built these bikes are they a honda knock off?

3 = how do i find the cc on this bike he said the owner states it a 250?

4 bike turns over but its like kicking a mule?

5= a lever on the left handlebar could it be a compression release?

i dont want him getting ripped off. he works about 4 hrs a day for this man.

since november. bringing food running erands. all for a little gas money.

with the knowledge that he wanted this bike. and 200.00 to maybe throw into it.

last year someone stole a kawasaki kdx from him. hes been devestated since then. corn detassling in high heat. only to have that bike for less then a month.

i cant help him no more since i cant work. to give him any money for a better dirt bike. he realy wants a duel purpose bike for around $400.00 to $500. he should have saved up by spring?. being a teenager it might not happen he will have that cash LOL. just asking if anyone heard of these bikes and where they good ones can you get pistons and stuff just it case this thing goes south?

When I was a kid I had a friend that had a wombat.It was early 70s model, dependable fun to ride little bike. I think it was a 125 tho. I dont think Hodaka ever made much bigger than the 125.

Good little bike, and I would think that if its beyond running but has some good parts that it could be parted out. they haven't made them in at least 30 years, probably closer to 40.

Good Luck.

yep its a 125cc. cool looking little bike. i think he has a great chance of getting this bike up and running. no dents or dings on it. mostly was hauled around on the back of a motor home. a little over 5500 miles. paint on side panels faded. seat has about a 1/4 inch rip looks like there use to be a strap there. i tould him under no cirumstances to fire that bike up. without doing a tank inspection. and haveing his dad check the carb. it sat since 1989 he wants me to say thanks to all of you. hes a good kid. i was kidding him and tould him if all else fails i could hook it up to the side of the venture and haul him around like a side car. 120 mph . he said no thanks.

As a kid in the 60s I had a 250ED Enduro (dual sport) orange, I think all Hodaka's were orange in color. Did I get in trouble with that thing. Always being chased by the police. I would just cut across a field or someone's yard thru the woods. I was surprised one day filling it up at a Phillips 66 and the police pulled in. They knew who I was, where I lived. He told me to keep it off the street until I got a license and don't get hurt. It was two cycle, did have a compression release and was bullet proof. Years later I sold it for a Suzuki. Sorry can't tell you about parts, they quit making them years ago and the company went under.

Back in the 50's and 60's guys would strip down Harleys and Triumphs and race from the desert florr to Big Bear California, a very steep, rough off-road race. One day a guy showed up un a 2-stroke Hodaka 125 and smoked em all and the two-stroke off-road revolution was born. Honda, Suzuki. Yamaha and Kawasaki followed and perfected the breed.

They were really cool bikes. I would think that if you could get it running it may be worth some money.

There are retro motorcross race circuits that look for bikes like these.

A friend of mine here in Wainwright, has a "Road Toad". I have rode it a little, around his place, as there is no licence plate on it, so I couldn't go far. :2cents:

http://www.strictlyhodaka.com/99100RoadToad.htm