IGNORED

Headed Back To Texas

Squidley

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

glad to hear your dad is doing good. brad sarah left you some blue bell ice cream. but don't worry the plant is close to the house. lonna the birds are missing you, buster squaks every morning when he hears me making coffee, thinks its you. but when i throw the cover up and it's not you, he really starts to squak. ya'll be carefull on the road see ya soon.

reguards

don c.

Edited by gunboat

Well here we are, In Bogalusa LA. @ Kenny and Beths (Kbran) for the evening. Left my Dads house just east of Detroit at 4:15 am and got here @ 9:30 Eastern time, 1048 miles

:yikes: What was I thinking!

Gonna make the 400 mile run back to the house in Houston tomorrow morning and Wednesday morning leave to go to Blanco and interview @ 1:30....I'll let y'all know how it goes and thanks for all the good vibes :happy34:

Were back!

Pulled into the drive at 4:30 this afternoon and will be headed out to Blanco in the morning for a 1:30 interview. Thanks again for all the well wishes for both the job and my Dad. He's doing well and basically kicked me out to get to this interview. I hope to be able to come on here tomorrow and let you know that I am back in the work force. :banana:

Lots of folks to thank, but we'll save that for another thread :thumbsup2:

Well, i guess if you ever come back up this way we'll have to find another restaurant to eat at, that Texas Roadhouse burnt to the ground early last week,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Good luck with the interview, hope you get the job.

Were back!

Pulled into the drive at 4:30 this afternoon and will be headed out to Blanco in the morning for a 1:30 interview. Thanks again for all the well wishes for both the job and my Dad. He's doing well and basically kicked me out to get to this interview. I hope to be able to come on here tomorrow and let you know that I am back in the work force. :banana:

Lots of folks to thank, but we'll save that for another thread :thumbsup2:

Well, I'll keep my Fingers crossed for you being back in the Work Force...

for Lonna in first Place and for you also ... :fingers-crossed-emo :fingers-crossed-emo :fingers-crossed-emo :crackup::crackup::crackup:

Wanted to post an update....

Went to Blanco yesterday and had the interview, interesting place and I would have loved to be in Blanco. $12 hr was the starting wage :yikes: I had to laugh to myself as this is for a skilled position dealing with fabrication and sheet metal bending. He mentioned to me about a high turnover rate, and I thought to myself DUH! folks can make more than that working at Walmarts.

Needless to say I didn't accept the job, at 43 years old I'm not going to drop my wage standards with 25 years of experience to $12 hr. Unfortunately it is a employers market right now and there isn't very much that I can do about that. So onward to the next prospect and either I'll find work or die trying :confused24:

$12.00/hr....... Heck I pay that for 18/yo unskilled laborers just to clean-up the jobsite, be a gofer and other misc tasks. I don't blame you for not wanting to take it. There is a job with your name on it out there. You just gotta find it! And i know you will.:happy65: