IGNORED

Loss of our family pet tonight

BIG TOM

Taters and Big Tom,

I really know how you feel and I know how it hurts. My little dog Cooper is like your Casey. He follows me everywhere.

You were so fortunate to have had a little friend like that.

I love having pets, but this sure is the hard part of it.

Yama Mama

Vic & Tom,

Not much more that can be said than what is here. Your Casey was a sweetie of a dog and I remember him from the time we were able to spend with you folks. Never easy to loose anyone in the family and my heart goes out to both of you. The good memories will far outweigh the loss, but that still doesn't help the loss...all the best my friends.

Ah, Tom and Taters, im truly sorry to hear this. Sounds like the pup had a full life and was well loved and taken care of. You never forget them.......

http://www.petloss.com/poems/maingrp/rbowx.gifRainbow Bridge http://www.petloss.com/poems/maingrp/rbowx.gif

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.

There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.

There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Hey Tom and Taters,

Both Jean and I were sorry to hear about Casey. During my visit to your home, I remember Casey being such a cute little spud and thought how lucky you were to have him. I am sure he is in a better place now, with no pain, and plenty of sunshine, running and playing. My wish for You and Taters is that your next pet will bring as much joy to your life as Casey did.

Earl and Jean

Tom and Taters:

So sorry to hear about this - I'm checking the board for the first time in a while. I put my 18 year old beagle down two falls ago, and I have finally reached the point of just smiling when I remember Bob. However, I had already adopted Bogie the beagle before Bob passed, and we adjusted together. They are a wonderful breed, and yes, no one can resist a smile when they're around a beagle!

Casey will always have a special place in your heart and you provided a wonderful life for your fur-kid! I can picture Casey from your description in your post, so I can tell how much you loved that doggie!

Take care.

when you heart heals.....get another one....somebody needs to help you eat all that ice cream....sorry for your loss.

Sometimes, it's not that easy....... We lost our Golden retriever "Bear" three years ago, and we still miss him a lot. We thought several times of getting another dog but we don't want to be constantly comparing...Wouldn't be fair to the new one - Bear was a family member....:(

when you heart heals.....get another one....somebody needs to help you eat all that ice cream....sorry for your loss.[/quote

Yes, she was good at helping with the ice cream...The house is very quiet tonight...Taters and I both miss the clicking of her nails on the tile floor..I keep looking over where her blanket was, as if to check on her whereabouts....came home from work tonight...called out to her, then reality set in.....

Brother Tom,

Gotta tell ya, reading your story about Casey brought some tears to this ole pharts eyes! We lost our 17 year old Yorky Sarah last month to a Coyote that jumped our 5 foot fence in our back yard and took off with her. When I did not see her by the door, went looking for her, she was not in the back yard. The gate was closed, looked around the various bushes and bamboo trees, not there. That afternoon we received a call from one of our neighbors down the street, they found my Sarah laying in their front yard dead! Picked her up and buried her in our back yard, cried like a baby for four days! Tom, people that do not have pets, don't know how we can get so attached to them and love them like family!! My condolences to you my Friend!!

Sorry to hear about your Casey, Tom.

They sure do train us well don't they?

They become just like a son or daughter and no matter how much you tell yourself they are a dog they still are family and nothing can change that.

My condolences to you and Taters

Steve

akaBubber

now , isnt that the truth??:smile11:

sorry for the loss of your family member.

for those that might not understand that an animal can be your best friend or member of your family, imagine this::

lock your best human friend and your animal in the trunk of your car for an hour, then open the trunk and see who is happy to see you??

remember all the joy that your friend has been as a part of your family.

mike