IGNORED

Carb Diaphragms and carb mount boots

I purchased the carb diaphragms from Sirius (who gave us the discount) and they were great. Really easy to install!

However, I also purchased some carb mounts (boots between carb and head). They sell them WITHOUT the o-ring! I was very disappointed to see they don't come with the REQUIRED o-ring.

Anyways, I would say get the diaphragms from them, but avoid the boots from them as they are not complete!

I already contacted them. They said the reason the boots are discounted because they don't include o-rings (which they never stated before). They offered a full refund, and also suggested using silicone on the old o-rings. I won't reuse old o-rings, as it can cause more problems later.

Does anyone know the size of the o-rings for the boots?

I'm not ready to quit yet!

You r making it----more than it should B!-------any auto-parts--will have a box,usually behind the counter----speak w/a manager-------or HomeDepot or Lowes----will have 'o' rings--------a-bit of leg work will solve the situation!!!--:thumbsup2::sun::sun::scorched::usa::usa::usa: carry-on

My "boots" are showing signs of ageing {cracked}. How much were the boots from sirius?

Thanks, Gary

I sell them in my store WITH o-rings included Thunder Valley Powersports Carburetor Holders. A bit more than sirius charges but have the o-rings. When you use your 15% discount code (VentureRider) and compare shipping charges it becomes real close and you don't have to worry about buying overpriced Yamaha o-rings or getting ones from the hardware store that don't quite work right.

It appears the o-rings are not cylindrical, but a little oval. I did find that Bike Bandit has the o-rings, but they run $35 for four (including shipping)! I paid $69.99 for the carb holders and they charged $15 for shipping. I would recommend going to MiCarl for the carb boots as they are less expensive - even at his regular price!

I'm not going to get a random o-ring from the parts store. I've seen what happens when an o-ring is too big or two small. Too small and they leak. Too big and they get pinched and then eventually split and/or leak. Due to it being a high heat area, I'm certain the rubber o-rings are brittle.

I thought I was going to save a buck...and I didn't! Go with MiCarl, as his price is nearly unbeatable with the 15% discount.

Edited by warthogcrewchief

No, it doesn't seem to make a difference yet. I need to remove the top (outboard sides of the carbs), and ensure the diaphragms are seated in the grove...and then RTV it so that it doesn't pinch when I place the cover back on.

I haven't replaced the boots (carb mounts) yet...still waiting for the o-rings.

Did the new carb diaphrams make a big differance? My 83 just had some small pin holes in the diaphrams when I inspected one of them. Thanks,Mark Reed.

You need to do something about those holes. Not only do they reduce the effectiveness of the slide but they bleed extra air leaning out your mixture.