IGNORED

Clearview shield with vent

I have an extra large Clearview shield with the vent and love it!!

It doesn't stop passenger buffeting as much as it does for the rider. I haven't ridden in much rain but didn't have any leakage during mild to medium rain.

It's an excellent windshield purchase.

Dave

I love my clearview with the vent. i bout the xxl tinted and i found it really stopped the buffeting and it helped Deb a bit on the back. Its surpising how much the vent helps cool you on a hot day and it also helps with buffetting if you open it a crack. Ive ridden thru a couple of heavy rain days and havnt noticed any major leakage, but it is hard to tell when youre outside in the rain, ... I find i dont get quite as wet with the wider xxl windshield

Brian

I got one a couple of weeks ago, or maybe months, anyway I think it is an excellent product. I got mine a couple of inches smaller than stock, should of got it smaller. It comes with lowers and it is just the sheild only. It was farely easy to install. It fitted perfect. The vent is well worth it especially in summer heat..the vent allows air to flow and get you cooler.

I would recommend it. I have it installed on my 07 RSTD. I have posted picture here some time ago.

Mark

i like the clearview with the vent but there is one problem with it bugs. you have got to watch the way you have the vent if not you will get a taste of every bug that past through the vent and make sure you wear glasses if you have found a way around this please share it with me the big green one are a little bitter.:240:

I guess I'll be the sour apple. Although I like the Clearview and the vent I have had a few issues with both. I have the XXL Clearview. The vent does leak when it rains. Nothing major but water does come through. The two screw (bolts) whatever you want to call them vibrate loose so you need to keep check on them. Most of the water problem I have is with water being pushed up and over the windshield and as you know with the Venture the wind comes up from behind you so it pushes whatever water comes over the top up against the inside of the windshield. As for the vent it is nice most of the time but I was out west last year during the record breaking heat wave and when your doing 65 to 85 mph in 106 to 112 degree weather with the vent open it was like somesone had a blow dryer blowing hot air in your face. I close my vent and was a lot more comfortable. For the most part though I like it.

I guess I'll be the sour apple. Although I like the Clearview and the vent I have had a few issues with both. I have the XXL Clearview. The vent does leak when it rains. Nothing major but water does come through. The two screw (bolts) whatever you want to call them vibrate loose so you need to keep check on them. Most of the water problem I have is with water being pushed up and over the windshield and as you know with the Venture the wind comes up from behind you so it pushes whatever water comes over the top up against the inside of the windshield. As for the vent it is nice most of the time but I was out west last year during the record breaking heat wave and when your doing 65 to 85 mph in 106 to 112 degree weather with the vent open it was like somesone had a blow dryer blowing hot air in your face. I close my vent and was a lot more comfortable. For the most part though I like it.

A trick I learned in the maintenance world is to use RTV to keep a screw or bolt from backing out. Since its on a windshield, put a dab of clear RTV on the threads of your hardware and screw it in. Problem solved!

I don't have the clearview with vent, but was considering it, will still consider clearview, but not the vent. Talked to too many people with it that say it lets the bugs right through, and like many have said here, lets some water through even when closed.

I find the air flow from around the forks to be plenty to keep me cool in hot weather.

As for the buffeting, check how tall your shield is now, and maybe you need one taller or maybe shorter. My Gen I had some buffeting that wasn't bad but a different helmet calmed almost all of it, no other change! go figure. :happy65:

Carefully, while riding, feel with one hand to try to figure out where the air is coming from, and remember strong side winds will cause problems no matter how good your other protection is.

Is wind buffeting a common problem with first gen's? I find it bad on mine and it has the windshield deflectors on the side to effectively widen the windshield the buffeting drives me crazy! My XJ1100 with a windjammer was great!

I found my 85 bad for buffetting with the slip stream windshield, but the xxl clearview is 2-3 inches wider and taller and the buffetting is way less for me. The XXl actually goes past the mirrors to protect you pretty effectively on the g1 ventures.

Brian

A trick I learned in the maintenance world is to use RTV to keep a screw or bolt from backing out. Since its on a windshield, put a dab of clear RTV on the threads of your hardware and screw it in. Problem solved!

Thanks for the tip but what is RTV? I would like to get some.:thumbsup2:

RTV can be purchased at ANY auto parts store or hardware store. RTV stands for "Room Temperature Vulcanization". You should be able to find that a tube will cost around $5 and will have MANY uses!

Ace Hardware

Lowe's

Home Depot

Off Topic (just a bit) - Often times, RTV is used to seal gaskets, or even make a new gasket. Be wary though, some gaskets are NOT supposed to have any RTV on them.

RTV can be purchased at ANY auto parts store or hardware store. RTV stands for "Room Temperature Vulcanization". You should be able to find that a tube will cost around $5 and will have MANY uses!

Ace Hardware

Lowe's

Home Depot

Off Topic (just a bit) - Often times, RTV is used to seal gaskets, or even make a new gasket. Be wary though, some gaskets are NOT supposed to have any RTV on them.

Thanks for the tip!

i like the clearview with the vent but there is one problem with it bugs. you have got to watch the way you have the vent if not you will get a taste of every bug that past through the vent and make sure you wear glasses if you have found a way around this please share it with me the big green one are a little bitter.:240:

My vent windows on my old Ford can have the same affect when I turn them all the way around as far as they would go. Except it's the passenger who gets nailed with the bugs. Especially during junebug season. I do it to my brother now and then. It was funny till he figured out what I was doing!