IGNORED

need help please !!! anyone

hi,i am new to the site.i have recently purchase a 1983 yamaha venture 1200. i love the way it rides.i have been lookin for a drivers backrest for those long rides.i was wondering would a drivers backrest that comes off of 86 yamaha venture royale fit my 83.will it fit or do i have to modify it.anyone knows or have done it please let me know thanks.

hi,i am new to the site.i have recently purchase a 1983 yamaha venture 1200. i love the way it rides.i have been lookin for a drivers backrest for those long rides.i was wondering would a drivers backrest that comes off of 86 yamaha venture royale fit my 83.will it fit or do i have to modify it.anyone knows or have done it please let me know thanks.

No, The mounting brackets are different between an 83-85, and the 86-93's.

Squidley,

Do you remember if it was a VentureLine backrest? I have the VentureLine mount but don't have the backrest itself. I've thought about bending some stainless tubing and making my own, looks like the hinge that folds forward will be the most difficult part to fabricate.

i have tried bike salvage yards.i am on ebay all day and night.the guy at the salvage yard hade 3 ventures no backrest.he said good luck finding one too. thanks again

Be patient on the Ebay search. This time of year Ebay doesn't have a lot to chose from. Things will start to heat up around March.

If I remember right, the drivers backrest itself is the same for the MKI & MKII. It's just the mounting hardware that's different. If I'd of known that when I had a MKII backrest and hardware, I wouldn't of let it go. I later got an 83 for a parts bike after getting knocked down in a parking lot my a car backing out oh a parking space that had the mounting hardware, but not the backrest. So if you find a drivers backrest off a MKII cheap, jump on it and be patient. You might find the mounting hardware later.

I sold that backrest to someone here nice and cheap too. I HOPE YOUR HAPPY! LOL!

If I remember right, the drivers backrest itself is the same for the MKI & MKII. It's just the mounting hardware that's different. If I'd of known that when I had a MKII backrest and hardware, I wouldn't of let it go. I later got an 83 for a parts bike after getting knocked down in a parking lot my a car backing out oh a parking space that had the mounting hardware, but not the backrest. So if you find a drivers backrest off a MKII cheap, jump on it and be patient. You might find the mounting hardware later.

It all depends on whether the back rest was made by Ventureline or Markland. Most of the MKI back rests are Markland as Yamaha didn't get on the accessory bandwagon right away. The Venturelines have a rotating disc attachment while the Marklands do not.

The backrest he's wanting info on is the one I have for sale in the classifieds. It isn't a Ventureline backrest, so I assume it's a Markland, but I don't know for sure. I haven't had a chance to see if the brackets will go on a MKI. If anyone can look at my ad and give any info that would be great.

Thanks,

Mick

It all depends on whether the back rest was made by Ventureline or Markland. Most of the MKI back rests are Markland as Yamaha didn't get on the accessory bandwagon right away. The Venturelines have a rotating disc attachment while the Marklands do not.

So would this be the Markland or the Ventureline? This is the one I had but let go.:buttkick:

So would this be the Markland or the Ventureline? This is the one I had but let go.

I believe yours is the Ventureline. It's completely different from the one I have for sale. The Venturelines are very nice, but I believe the Markland may have more adjustment front to back for taller or shorter riders. Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.