IGNORED

Should be headed to warmer weather....

Squidley

....but it seems that my "Family" aka my Dad has other plans. As many of you know Lonna and I came north for the holidays and to spend some time with family and friends. We have had an awsome time as we have gotten to see many of our riding buddies along the route.

My Dad has been needing to get his hip replaced for quite a while now as he walks with a very bad limp. He finally is in a position to be able to take the time off work and is having his complete ball and socket replaced on Wednesday the 6th. Only catch is, he has to have someone here at the house to be able to help him around and do the household chores and help him with getting around. Sooooo Lonna and I have decided to stay here so he doesn't have to go into a nursing home after the surgery. The sacrifises I make for him, either I'm incredibly stupid, or I love the big dummy a lot....probably the latter :confused24:

So I'll be up here with the northern bretheren, freezing my patooties off so Dad doesn't have to go into the nursing home. We'll see all the Texans in about 3 weeks (I hope) and I'm looking forward to getting on the VR and going for a nice long ride :banana:

Sorry to hear of your dads troubles. Nursing homes are depressing so him staying home with family to recuperate will keep his spirits up. You are a good son, Obewon. Now, the real reason your staing up here. {"BRAIN FREEZE" YOU FORGOT WERE YOU LIVE!}:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:Welcome back, you stay anywhere you want but you can never leave.:rotfl: Theres no place like home.:sign isnt that spec:D

Welcome back, you stay anywhere you want but you can never leave.:rotfl:

Hmmmm, sounds like mraf had it right......

Glad to see your dad's getting what he needs and you are around to help him, things work in mysterious ways, as we all know. Prayers going for a successful surgery and a quick recovery, don't worry, it's still chilly down there!

Dan & Rose

Hey Brad the ex had the same operation three yeras ago the relief from the pain will be immediate. The recover will take some time but it will be worth it for him. Our Thoughts are with you both andyour dad. Phil & Joanna

Thanks for all the thoughts an well wishes folks. Many of you know me, I'm a glass half full type of guy. I know God has a plan, even if it seems like it's not going our way, it's going his way. If I had gotten a job down in Texas there is no way that we would be here, so things do work in the way they are supposed to.

My Dad is quite happy as we will be here longer and he wont have to be concerned about his recovery. I'm just going with the flow and will follow the direction that seems the best to go with....I just wish it wasn't so damn cold up here right now! Thanks again and I'll keep Y'all updated on the progress :thumbsup2:

verry nice of you squid from a guy who has had over 18 operations on both knees. just had one 5 weeks ago i know what its like to have family around. somehow you heal faster? dont know why? oh i said the why word!! but it does seem to help. sometimes we the injured one feels like we become a burden on thoes who help us. we can become cranky. hard to get a long with but in the end we realy do love the attention we get. so keep this in mind that you love the big guy. take care. and hey they do have long johns you know. i even got the old union suit red with the flap in the back. been in cold minnesota and illinois longenough to know aint nothing like a good pair of long johns or a good woman. you got a good woman so your half way there.

You have my prayers for your Dad's surgery and healing time. How fortunate you are to be able to get him out of the hospital ASAP and away from the nursing home. Thus he is far, far less to get a staff infection. Though you probably know this, the hospital and retirement home adm in me warns to watch for staff and other infections by using EXTREME sterile proceedure during his recovery care. He sounds to be healthy as you did not mention that.

Why are you doing that (damn; I said the word, too). Because you are who you are you big lub! And because of the gorgious dame you're married too.

Keep us posted.

Love to you both, JackZ

Proud owner of your former 86 VR!

PS Started right up after almost 2 weeks off in the garage! Sooooo, I chipped at some of the ice in the drive way (clear now) and some in the road in my neighborhood that DOESN'T get ploud; we use the CO sun. TWO more days, ...and I'm ZIP ... in full dress of course and when it hits '50 with the sun out.

JZ

PS What I'll be riding when I am 90! .... :mytruck1:

YUP, I'll Adobe Photoshop myself onto the scoot! LOL. J

Brad, Thoughts and Prayers go out for your Dads speedy recovery..... your not missing much here, we did get about 150miles in yesterday, but it s`pose to be cold all this next week, high for this next thursday is to be around 38...

Hope all goes well, ya`ll take care..

Kreg

Brad and Lonna,

Sometimes you just have to do what you have to do. Hey, he's your Dad, after all.

My Mom had both hips done quite a few years back. She handled it well with no complications. I'm sure with all these years of practice the medical world has only gotten better at it. Doing it certainly made things better for her.

You'll all be in our thoughts and prayers.

Sure hope your dad does well and heals quickly Brad.

I also hope you and Lonna are able to hold eachother up while dealing with all this too.

My heart is with you guys..

If you want someone to warm up either of your bikes and make sure they run well, Ill fire them up and take them out for a spin for ya.... :stickpoke:

prayers sent , but you forgot something when you guys went back up there ! you brought it down and you where supposed to take it back with you !!!

1st snow and now we have a hard freeze warning Sat. !

Take care of your Dad and have fun pushing that snow !

Thom & Marsha

Hope your Dad has a good surgery and recovery Brad. As you say things happen for a reason. We missed you & Lonna at the bike show thou you really didn't miss much there other then us folks.

If you get a break from house sitting let us know. We'll still hook up with ya somewhere down lifes road.

Larry