IGNORED

Heated Seat

scooter45

If you can remove and replace a seat cover from the pan, it wouldn't be difficult to make one from any seat. Several of us have made our own heated jackets.

What did you use for heating elements & how do you regulate temperature?

:think:

Gary

I have a massage pad that has a heating pad built in. It's already set up for 12volt. I'm thinking something like that could be fitted inside a seat. The thought of leaving the little massage buttons hidden in it. When the wife wants to stop the ride early, just turn the hidden massage units on. of course you placed them in the right spots in the seat. She might want to go another 100 miles or so. :happy-emoticon::happy-emoticon:

What did you use for heating elements & how do you regulate temperature?

:think:

Gary

Buy some 30 gauge teflon insulated wire from mouser.com or someplace, string 33' of it through your jacket (or seat), and connect it through a 10A fuse to the battery. Use a two pin trailer style connector to plug it in to the bike. I forget how much heat it makes, maybe roughly 55W or so and draws maybe 4A or so. It's not enough that it needs regulated. Mine stays on full time. Sometimes I wish it were hotter. But it will make a 40º day feel like a 60º day. Search for "heated jacket" on here. There are piles and piles of threads with more technical information that I don't remember anymore.

• 3 weeks later...
I have a massage pad that has a heating pad built in. It's already set up for 12volt. I'm thinking something like that could be fitted inside a seat. The thought of leaving the little massage buttons hidden in it. When the wife wants to stop the ride early, just turn the hidden massage units on. of course you placed them in the right spots in the seat. She might want to go another 100 miles or so. :happy-emoticon::happy-emoticon:

Now that's funny