IGNORED

Painful Christmas

Freebird

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mini, Your pie and Bobbie's travel well in the trunk of the RSV. I have had a few pies in the trunk. It seems that every time I go to SC to visit the sleeperhawks my Wife say don't come home without a pie!!!!!:confused24: so that is the only way the sleeperhawks are able to get rid of me.

Don, I'm gonna make sure that Mini brings you a pie at Maint Day. (since Jeff left me in charge):confused07::crackup:

Mini, Your pie and Bobbie's travel well in the trunk of the RSV. I have had a few pies in the trunk. It seems that every time I go to SC to visit the sleeperhawks my Wife say don't come home without a pie!!!!!:confused24: so that is the only way the sleeperhawks are able to get rid of me.

Don, I'm gonna make sure that Mini brings you a pie at Maint Day. (since Jeff left me in charge):confused07::crackup:

I remember how she delivers Ice Water.... How does she deliver Pies???:duck:

You know....sometimes in life you are the bug and other times you are the windshield. :) I honestly feel like the bug right now. We had a nice Christmas in spite of some aches and pains though.

So....I am now laying here on the couch after managing to slowly ease down the stairs this morning. I am nursing two sprained ankles, a twisted left knee, a sprained left elbow, rash on my left knee and left elbow, a knot on my head and I STILL have this danged cold. Otherwise, life is good. :thumbsup2:

I hope that you all have a fun but SAFE New Years day. I think I'm going to just wrap myself in bubble wrap and hole up here until spring. :depressed:

Man I feel for ya Don. From a fellow gout sufferer, currently living on Alky Plus. Achoo!!!

Look at it this way.... you can still type.... :thumbsup2:

You don't have to try to bring a pie all the way to Maintenance Day.

The man is losing his mind..of course she does..........and I'LL check it out to make sure it's SAFE...:whistling:........may have to water it down with ice cream though:big-grin-emoticon::ICwink::ICwink:

The man is losing his mind..of course she does..........and I'LL check it out to make sure it's SAFE...:whistling:........may have to water it down with ice cream though:big-grin-emoticon::ICwink::ICwink:

Heck, between Don, BoomerCPO and Big Tom she is gonna need to bring more then one!!:stirthepot:

Mini....you KNOW that I'm just giving you a hard time. You don't have to try to bring a pie all the way to Maintenance Day. I'll get down your way one of these days.

Don....If ya really wanna be a true Gentleman have her drop that pie off at my place on her way to the MD.:banana:

Boomer....the gracious Southern one....with a real "thing" fer home made pies.:hurts:

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest yer armpits!:buttkick:

Boomer....who says don't blame me for getting riled at a pie thief...he didn't spring from my loins.:rotfl:

Somebody is a rather brave little boy when he's way up in VA. I'll be seeing you saturday. :whistling: Now what sort of punishment do you deserve?

Oh don't worry folks Bobbie will be there saturday as well so they'll be pics.

Margaret

There is a three stop drop from the kitchen to the concrete garage floor and there I was in a free fall of about 3 ft. while holding a nice large Pyrex platter with a ham in it in my hands. As I fell, I managed to twist around so that the Pyrex platter would not hit the concrete floor and was successful. I managed to hold onto the platter and keep it from hitting the floor and shattering and thus saved the dish and the ham.

The only problem is that in doing so, I successfully twisted both of my already hurting ankles and also found that using your left knee, left elbow and HEAD to cushion a 3 ft. fall off a set of steps is not necessarily the best course of action. :(

ATGATT Don, ATGATT.

Sorry for your Earth getoff. Gravity sucks. Hope the New Year is better for you.

RR

• 1 month later...
Don I used to have those gout attacks and the doctor put me on a medication called allopurinol and I haven't had an attack since. It slows the production of uric acid in the blood and stops the attacks. It has worked great for me. Gout can also damage the kidneys also. Get well soon buddy.

Curtis

Hey Don, Sorry about the bad luck. Ditto on the Allopurinol!!! Get it, take it every day until St. Pete calls you home.(That's what my Dr. told me) It's suppose to even help eliminate kidney stones!! Been taking it for several months now and haven't had a problem with gout since. BTW, just in case, you don't get the medication, don't cut the heel shifter off of the bike. You can get in some riding with the heel and toe shifter if the gout isn't too bad in the ankles. Get well my friend!!

Well guys, the Gout problem has gotten consistently worse. It used to be a couple of times a year and then every few weeks and finally has gotten to be an almost daily thing. Some days I can barely get out of bed and even laying in bed, it hurts so bad that I can't even have the sheets touching my feet. So...got more test done and sure enough the Uric Acid was high. The doctor did indeed prescribe Allopurinol. Hope it works. I just took the first one about 10 minutes ago. Don't know how many hours or days it takes to be effective but I hope it's not too long.

I feel your pain Don. Been there.. Instead of taking anything for the PITLBT I've been trying to control it by diet and lots of water. So far so good except I have to pee a lot... :) Motrin will help cut down the swelling when things get really bad. What I've been wondering is if it's crystals in the joints why can't they lance the area... can't hurt any worse... and liposuck the stuff out... :) Better than cutting the big toe off... pain makes you creative thinking up stupid ideas...

... The doctor did indeed prescribe Allopurinol. Hope it works. I just took the first one about 10 minutes ago. Don't know how many hours or days it takes to be effective but I hope it's not too long.
I have no idea how long it'll take to kick in, but it worked for my Mom. She took it for years.

I feel your pain Don. Been there.. Instead of taking anything for the PITLBT I've been trying to control it by diet and lots of water. So far so good except I have to pee a lot... :) Motrin will help cut down the swelling when things get really bad. What I've been wondering is if it's crystals in the joints why can't they lance the area... can't hurt any worse... and liposuck the stuff out... :) Better than cutting the big toe off... pain makes you creative thinking up stupid ideas...

The Motrin used to help. Then it didn't seem to work at all. The doc then gave me a prescription for Indomethacin and worked for a while but lately it just barely takes the edge off. I'm supposed to take it as often as three times a day for pain and I'm really suffering before it's time to take it again. I really hope the new medication works and I won't have to worry about pain. I don't think lancing would work as the crystal are in the joint and when I think of crystals, I don't think of anything liquid that would come out with lancing. Besides, it's not always the same joints every time for me and not even the same foot. Sometimes it's one or the other and sometimes both. Sometimes the toes and sometimes more in the ankles and SOMETIMES....I think cutting something off would actually feel better. :bang head:

Sending good thoughts over Don. Sounds like you need to head to the workshop (be careful!) and make a "cradle" for the end of the bed, so your sheets etc. don't actually touch your feet.

My nerves are really sensitive in my right foot now and can't even stand the sheet on my toes...so, Quickstep stuck the ironing board in the end of our bed. Works a treat!!!!!:thumbsup2: