□ 6 eggs

□ 2 (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thaw and drain

□ 1 (16 oz.) pkg. Mozzarella cheese, shredded -- I use Mozzarella/ provolone

□ 2/3 c. (half of 16 oz. container) ricotta cheese

□ 1/2 tsp. salt

□ 1/8 tsp. pepper

□ 1/2 tsp. garlic powder

□ Pie crust for 2-crust pie

□ 1 tbsp. water Cook sausage in 10-inch skillet over medium heat until well browned, about 10 minutes. Spoon off fat. Reserve 1 egg yolk. In large bowl, combine the remaining eggs with sausage, spinach, Mozzarella cheese, ricotta cheese, salt, pepper, garlic powder. Set aside.Prepare pastry for two-crust pie. Use a 9-inch pie plate. Put the bottom crust in and spoon sausage mixture onto pastry. Put top pastry on and cut slits in top.

In a small bowl, combine the reserved egg yolk with water and brush mixture over pie crust. Bake in 375 degree oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes, then cut into wedges. Can be served hot or cold.

Why do we need recipes??? I just say I'm hungry and food just magically appears... I don't need to cook!!:whistling:

As Eric Cartman Would say :

Get your B.... ass in the kitchen and make me some pie !

:Avatars_Gee_George:

Seriously I do all my own coking and would love to try some new ideas

with people from all over there should be some recipes out there

Merry Christmas

This was originally a spicy vegetarian recipe that we ramped up with some meat and red pepper flakes.

2 tsp olive oil

1 cup chopped onions

1/2 cup each diced celery and chopped green bell pepper (we add red or orange as well)

1 clove garlic, minced (we use 4 - 5)

3 cups vegetable broth (or chicken broth)

3 cups peeled, cubed sweet potatoes (or yams)

1 19oz can tomatoes - drained and cut up

1 19oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed

1 tbsp lemon juice

2 tsp grated ginger root

1 tsp (we use 1 tbsp) each ground cumin, curry powder, ground coriander, chili powder

1/2 tsp salt

1/4 tsp black pepper

1/4 cup raisins

2 tbsp each light peanut butter, and chopped, fresh cilantro

Optional

3 chicken breasts chunked and sauteed

or 3 Hot Italian sausages sauteed and cut into thin slices (Costco ones are very nice)

1 tsp red pepper flakes

If adding meat, saute and set aside.

Heat olive oil in a large, non-stick saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onions, celery, green pepper and garlic. Cook and stir until vegetables begin to soften, about 3 minutes.

Add all remaining ingredients (including optional meat), except raisins, peanut butter and cilantro. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes.

Stir in raisins, peanut butter and cilantro. Mix well. Simmer for 5 more minutes. Serve hot.

This can be doubled or quad if needed. The credit goes to the wife

Sausage Gravy (over biscuits)

1/2 lb. bulk pork sausage

1 T. butter

3 T. flour

1 & 3/4 C. milk

Salt & Pepper

Dry Mustard, Sage, a few dashes of Worcestershire sauce ( for more spice)

In a saucepan, cook sausage over med. heat until no longer pink. Stir in butter until melted, sprinkle with flour (cook a few min. until raw taste of flour is gone). Gradually stir in milk, S&P. mustard, sage, and worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil, cook & stir for 2 min. or till thickened . Serve over biscuits.:witch_brew:

Zucchinni Bread

3 eggs

1 C.brown sugar

1C.white sugar

1 C.oil

1 tsp.vanilla

2C.grated zuchinni

3C.flour

1 tsp salt

1 tsp. cinnamon

1 tsp. baking soda

1/4 tsp. baking powder

nuts if desired

Mix well eggs,sugar,oil, and vanilla. Add and mix remaining ingridients. Pour into two large bread pans, Bake at 325 degrees for 60 to75 minutes or until springs back and a toothpick comes out of the center clean.

If you use Medium bread Pans, I use three and cook for only 45 to 60 minutes.

Edited by OutlawRider

1) 1 pound Ring Sausage (Hilshire Farms, Johnsonville, etc) - grill and then chop up in to small cubes

2) three or four large potatos - cubed (small) and fryed

3) when the potatos are done, mix in the grilled sauage,

mix in 1 can black beans or pinto beans

mix in Salsa or Pincante sauce (how much is up to you)

simmer until all is HOT

4) serve with sour cream, guacamole, and shredded cheese.

I love this recipe .. I made it up one night when Cathy was mad at me because she'd worked all day and we couldn't figure out what to have for dinner (admit guys, you've BEEN THERE!). So in moment of needing to get out of the doghouse, this recipe was born. It's been a favorite of ours for the last 15 years.

Curt

This is a dish for cheese freaks! The recipe is for a small batch (I’m thinking about a 9” square Pyrex or Corning dish?) The batches I usually make for holidays, etc. are double batches. So, simply double all ingredients for a good sized batch. (use one of the rectangular dishes)

Ingredients:

2 eggs beaten

1- 7 ounce can of chopped green chilies

2 tablespoons flour

½ pound grated sharp cheddar cheese

½ teaspoon salt

½ pound grated Monterey jack cheese

1/3 cup milk

(optional) chopped jalapeño peppers

NOTE: The chilies can be mild or hot according to your personal taste. I use the mild when I’m making it for someone else. The same goes for the addition of the jalapeño peppers (a little goes a long way with these babies).

Directions:

Lightly grease a glass baking dish. Preheat oven to 350°.

1. Mix the eggs, flour, salt and milk. Work out the flour clumps as best you can.

2. Combine the cheeses, chilies, add liquid mixture. Mix by hand in the same manner as you would prepare ground meat for a meatloaf. Knead/squish until you have even distribution of all ingredients.

3. Pour/scrape into the baking dish, making an even layer.

4. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes.

5. Allow to cool for 10 minutes or so before cutting & serving. It doesn’t cut well when hot. Best served warm. Cut into about 2" square pieces.

As with any recipe, the flavor is dependent on the ingredients. Two different brands of sharp cheddar cheese will have different tastes between them, as will the hardness of the cheese block. The same is true for the Monterey jack. The one suggestion I offer is to use block cheese and grate it yourself, either in a processor or manually. (the results are better) The stiffer the block of cheese is the better the flavor and texture is. I use the Walmart house brand. You don’t want stringy drippy cheese (obviously cheeses like mozzarella or Velveeta would be really poor choices for this dish, but hey—you’re the one making it, you’re the one that’s gonna’ eat it; use what you want!)

You'll probably be able to feel your arteries harden while you eat it, but man is it good. I hope you guys like it. Enjoy!!

Edited by autopilot
formatting issues

This is one of my favorites and if you like you may substitute the chicken with rabbit. You won’t be disappointed!

Chicken Cacciatore

Cut into individual pieces:

A 4 lb. chicken or thighs and drumsticks skin removed

Dredge with:

2 to 3 tablespoons flour

In a large sauce pan sauté until golden brown in:

¼ cup olive oil

4 tablespoons chopped shallots and

2 minced clove garlic

Then add (Tip: combine tomato paste with liquid before adding to chicken):

½ cup tomato paste

1 cup dry white wine

1 teaspoon salt

½ teaspoon fresh ground pepper

1 ½ cup chicken stock

1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms

1 bay leaf

¼ teaspoon thyme

¼ teaspoon marjoram

4 tablespoons Brandy or ½ cup Muscatel

1 cup Kalamata olives

Simmer covered for 1 hour or until chicken is tender.

If desired you can thicken the sauce with:

1 to 2 tablespoons flour dissolved in

¼ cup cold water and add to sauce

Serve with:

Boiled spaghetti, pasta or cornmeal

Enjoy!!

These may not be the type of recipes that y'all are talking about but then I still think you will enjoy them.

Shiny apple pie

Gallon apple juice, 1/2 gal apple cider, 2/3 cup sugar, 6 cinnomon sticks.

Bring to a boil then cool.

Add a liter of everclear (or moonshine if ya got a connection).

Bottle it then enjoy. Tastes just like apple pie, just be sure not to drive after dinner.

Peach pie

1 and 1/2 gallons peach juicy juice. 3 cans sliced peaches, liter everclear.

With the peach pie you don't need to boil it, just mix everclear and juice together with syrup from peaches. Bottle then add peaches to bottles. Enjoy. I like this one better than apple and it's less work. Be sure to eat the peaches after finishing the pie, they ferment pretty good. Happy holidays.

One more from the autopilot book of things to make you fat!

These are little finger foods. The components sound like an odd combination to be together, but they are quite tasty.

INGREDIENTS:

1 pack (about 3” X 6”) pre-cooked, pre-sliced Danish ham. Slices must be thin enough to roll up without breaking apart. (~1/16” +/-)

Kosher dill pickle spears (Heinz or an equivalent tasting pickle)

Tub of whipped plain Philadelphia cream cheese

PREP:

Dry off the ham slices on a paper towel as you prepare them.

Take each pickle spear and lightly squeeze with a folded paper towel on the cut surfaces to soak up most of the liquid.

ASSEMBLY:

Lay out a ham slice on a cutting board and spread with a light even coating of cream cheese. Turn the slice so that its length is away from you (short side is closest to you. At the edge, place a pickle spear across the ham slice. Roll the pickle up in the cream cheese coated ham slice. Stick about six or eight toothpicks in the completed roll to keep it from unwinding, then take a sharp knife and slice the roll in between the toothpicks. You are shooting for 3/8 to ½ inch wide pieces or size to your liking. Each piece with it’s own little serving handle. Repeat until you run out of something or until you’re satisfied you have enough.

Arrange on a serving platter of some sort and you’re set to go. They’re a little tedious to make, but they always disappear ; and they are good. (I will usually take the ones from the little end of the pickle and eat them while I’m making them….they’re not as pretty as the others and I don’t want anyone feeling slighted if they happened to get stuck with one of them ends ..you DO believe me, right?)

Try ‘em, you’ll like ‘em!

Edited by autopilot
formatting again

1 Plablano chili diced;

2 Hungarian yellow peppers diced

1 Jalapeno cleaned and diced

Canned Navy/ Canelli beans

In a large pan add 1/2 cup chicken stock and the diced chili/peppers, cover and steam till just tender. (do not boil)

In a food processor, place 2 cups Navy or Canelli beans along with 2 tbls of the steamed chili/peppers and process till smooth. ( makes for thicker chili )

Return the processed beans and chilis to the pan and add:

4 cups chicken stock (more or less)

1 med. chopped onion (")

1/2 tbls granulated garlic

1 tbls chili powder

1 tps ground cummin (")

2 tbls fine chopped fresh cilantro

Add whole Navy/Canelli beans as you prefer, the thicker the better.

Add as much skinned rotissire chicken as you like. I like to strip it rather than chop or dice, I like the stringy texture better.

Simmer and adjust spices per taste.

Serve topped with a little chopped Cilantro, maybe a dollop of sour cream and ENJOY!

Renne :snow2:

1-1/4 to 1-1/2 pounds of country sausage or (Jimmy Deans Regular)

1/2 tsp Thyme

3/4 to 1 tsp Sage

3/4 tsp Crushed Rosemary ( I crush mine in a mortar)

1-1/2 tsp Poultry Seasoning

1/8 t0 1/4 Red Cayenne Pepper to taste

3-4 Tbls Flour

2-3 Cups Milk

Fry sausage down to fine or mediun size crumbles. Drain off fat to suit yourself (I drain It all off). Add flour to meat and mix well over medium heat until all flour is absorbed. Add spices and stir to mix well. Add milk and turn the heat to medium high. Stir often if not continuisly till thickening, mixture starts to boil. Turn heat down to medium low,-stir often. If to thick add a little milk. If not thick enough,( mix a little cornstarch and cold water in seperate bowl). Add a little at a time to disired thickness.

:stirthepot:

This is better than I have ever eaten in any resteraunt, Enjoy. This is my recipe.

Edited by OutlawRider

My recipe, I just fine tuned this year, make it and enjoy.

In a large stainless bowl or one that will take alot of heat.Mix.

2 tsp vanilla

1-8oz jar marshmellow-- for creamier fudge ( I use 2-8oz-jars of marshmellows)

1 cup chocolate chips(semi-sweet)

1 cup peanut butter chips

1-1/2 cups walnuts (Opsional)

Set aside

Mix in a large sause pan--

4-1/2 Cups Sugar

1 Large can milk

1 cube real butter

Cook to a soft ball stage about 8 minutes. ( in a small bowl,put cold tap water,take a tbls and dip a little of the mixter and put in the cold water. Should be able to make a small soft ball.). With candy thermoniter About 230 to 240 degrees. I still do the soft ball check to make sure it is creamy.

Remove from stove and pour over other ingredience in other bowl. You have to mix fast with wood spoon. Than pour it into a greased (with butter) large cake pan and smooth out. Let cool and cut into peices and enjoy.

Edited by OutlawRider

This one has been handed down through our family.

1 can (15 oz.) of whole kernel corn, drained

2 cans (14.75 oz.) of Cream style corn

1 box Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix

1 egg

1 pkg (8 oz.) of shredded Mild Cheddar cheese

1 stick of butter or margarine

¾ cup of sugar

Salt and pepper to taste

Mix all ingredients together in a casserole dish (medium to large size) save a pat of butter or margarine to place on top.

If you want a “crusty” type of top place a thin layer of breadcrumbs on top of mixture.

Bake in a 350 degree oven for about an hour and a half or until top is a golden brown and not liquid in the center of the dish.