IGNORED

shocks needed

barend

I'm needing to replace the shocks on my sidecar, simple coilover is fine, current length is about 11 - 11.5 inch and I have evidence that what is on there, whatever that is, is not quite adequate. Can someone give me information on how to determine what I need?

quote: "shocks needed"

stick your fingers in an electric socket and switch on :240::Bunny2:

(sorry, couldn't help myself) :big-grin-emoticon:

Been there , done that :D Once blew the main fuse to the house, electrician asked my mother if I was still alive (220V)

Hey barend,

I think I might have a real nice pair of shocks that would do the job for you but because I don't have a hack, could you please post a pic of the shocks currently on your hack now so I can see if they will work?

Thanks,

Earl

Earl, am borrowing what my wife claims is her 'puter, so i don't have my files on here. There's two pictures in my Equalean project album which show a the suspension set up. Don't know if I can copy and paste here, I'll try. basically they look like the "Progressive suspension" 412 series coil over. http://www.venturerider.org/forum/album.php?albumid=423&pictureid=2706

Here's a pic of what's on there right now, no markings, stickers or engraved I.D. End to end it is 14-3/8th inch, hole to hole 13 inch. The shock is positioned at around 30 degrees from horizontal. Sidecar and passenger weight is probably no more then 350, so whatever will handle that.

• 2 months later...

Still looking for shocks; found some Red Wings on E-Bay which may fill the bill.

Item number:250600905032 would be the right length but no load rating available and I am somewhat concerned about the size of the "head"

Item number:370346368618 would be 1/4inch shorter then what I currently have but no load rating.

Item number:390168046020 ditto

Anyone have any more information they can give me about these? Thanks!