IGNORED

Battery Operated Heated Gloves

rumboogy

I have a set of battery powered glove liners you can put on under those battery powered gloves, and I bet my new set of real 12V electric gloves will still be much warmer!

I hope they work out, get rechargeable batteries because you will use a lot of them.

Let us know what you think.

Had some battery-powered electric socks a few years back. One 9 volt battery for each sock. The heating element got so hot I had to disconnect the battery after about 15 minutes of use. They worked pretty well for long days standing around Beaver Staduim in the cold.

That being said, my Gerbings heated gloves with adjustable controller are

much better.

Let us know how the battery gloves work out. Good luck!

Guest tx2sturgis

For cold rides of any length, assuming you dont want to install grip heaters or use the 12v gloves, I'd recommend using those little disposable heat packs...sure they only work on the palm or the back of the hand, but no batteries to worry about.

http://stn3.headgap.com/hothands/FMPro?-token=45924&-db=ProductsHH.fp3&-lay=WEB&-format=items.htm&-sortfield=SortID&category=hot&-find

I bought a pair of mittens from Cabella's and have rode with temps down to 9 deg F, and still have had warm hands. I also have a pair of gloves that you put a disposable heat pack in the back of them, like tx2sturgis was talking about, and they are very warm also. The only thing I don't like about the heat packs is it takes 30 minutes for them to warm up. Both pair are water proof and have been road tested (by me).:thumbsup2:

Glenn

I also wasted my money on a pair of battery operated heated gloves. They are never warm enough for me especially for riding. The best that money can buy for heated gloves would be Gerbings. Riding at 20° temps and below - you will want something that will keep up with the cold. I also prefer a direct source of power coming from the bike for extended 1 hour or more trips.

I got a pair of bat gloves and they work ok for messing around outside or for the passanger but not for the driver as we get to much air flow over our hands and it goes threw the gloves. I have some plug in gloves and they work great just wish the thumb would get alittle warmer.

OK...I got the gloves today.

The gloves FIT VERY WELL...I really like the way they feel.

Unfortunately, that is the ONLY good thing about these gloves.

They don't feel very durable, and the heating properties of the gloves are almost non-existent and that's after being turned on for about 15 minutes INDOORS.

So most of you guys were RIGHT (and I figured you probably would be)...but like I said before, somebody has to touch the "Wet Paint"...and I love volunteering.

Wally