IGNORED

Update on Daughter

Hazenson

Well spent a couple nights searching craigslist in Raleigh,Durham area to find my daughter a decent car. I know alot of people might say tuff it out, your on your own or whatever for making such a dumb mistake, ( no comp on insur. policy) but she's still my lil girl. She was just promoted at work and life seems to be going good for her so I couldnt stand by and let this jeopardize her good job. Well I think we found her a good one, found a 2000 Chevy Impala in about mint condition. 129k miles on it for 2850.00 Only thing wrong with it is a small ding in door from a rampid shopping cart. Has new tires, regular maintaince, fresh oil change and service, even a full tank a gas. Tranny fluid looked good and engine purred like a kitten. My daughter called me yesterday as she was driving home and she was on cloud nine. Dad, she said, I thought you were crazy when you said it would work out for the better, there was no way I could see that then. I love you and your the best parents anyone could ask for.

I just smiled to myself and thanked the big guy for pulling us out of another dilimma, and thank you guys for prayers and words of encouragement. Looks like Christmas is gonna be OK after all :thumbsup:

I'm a sucker for a happy ending, glad it all worked out. I am sure I would have done the same for my lil girl. I think we met at MD a few years back. Think we all sat at same table the nite we went out to eat at that little Bar. Anyway Merry Christmas to you and your family. Craig

Hey Hazenson,

In today's world, ANY young person that is willing to go to college or get a job is top notch in my book. The fact that it is your daughter just makes it all the sweeter. If we as parents don't stand behind our children when they are making an honest effort to do the right thing then what kind of message are we sending to THEM!

Plus, this will be a Christmas she will NEVER forget.

Ya' done good, from one dad to another. :thumbsup2:

Earl and jean

Yup! I'm sure the used car was a gift well appreciated. But the best is ALL the family at Christmas, and together! That will be mine this year. Oh life has it's challenges, the the Lord is Lord, and especially at Christmas time! Ever notice how just saying His name, CHRISTmas .... in Merry CHRISTmas ... changes folks who receive, ... and give the greeting.

So, Merry CHRISTmas to all. And a Joyous, prosperous and safe New Year!

JackZ

Your post brings a smile to my face. We've been there for our daughters when they've needed a helping hand too. I am so glad that things worked out for you and your daughter and that she is doing well in her job.

Merry Christmas to you and your family!

sounds strange but has she ran the radio and rear defrost at the same time.

I had a 2001 Impala, the rear window defrost is also tied into the radio. If you have a break in the grid you will get static over your radio. Small but rather annoying issue when I had it. You could tell where the break was since it was the only spot on the rear window that didn't defrost.

Also I believe it shared the same engine as my '99 Buick Lesabre, probably w/ a couple updates. They both had the same engine markings Mark IV or something like that if I remember right. Will have to look at the Buick engine again.

Tell her Congrats and I am sure she will enjoy it.