IGNORED

Rejoining the workforce!

a1bummer

Sorry bud... I sure feel for ya! :eek: :sign just kidding:

I don't recall what you were taking in College? What kindof work are you going into?

I just heard yesterday that our Provincial Minister's chauffers get between 45 & 49 grand a year for a 37.5 hr workweek and they spend a lot of their time sitting around waiting.... :rotf: :rotf: ... maybe a job for you???

LOL! I just got my degree in Nanoscience Technology. I'm now educated enough to use a lot of mega $$ equipment like - Scanning Electron Microscope, SEM

- Optical microscope

- Atomic Force Microscope, AFM

- Four point probe, M-Gage

- Clean room protocols

- Contact aligner

- Reflectometer

- Profilometer

- Spin coater

- Reactive Ion Etch

- Wet chemical processing

- Particle counter

- Photolithography

- Microprobe test station

- Sample encapsulation and polishing

- Micropipeting

- Gel electrophoresis

- Polymerase chain reaction thermal cycler

Quality Methods

- Statistical Process Control, SPC

- Design of Experiments, DOE

- Total Quality Measurements Methods, TQM

It took some time but I got-r-dun! There was a lot of chemistry, physics, cellular/micro-biology, etc. I'm hopping to at least get a simple job as a lab tech somewhere close.

Hey hey - So in your school work, did you happen to come across a SQUID (Superconducting quantum interference device) suceptometer (or magnetometer)?

I need to get some quality magnetization information on some samples I am working on and am having a hard time getting time on a machine and was just wondering if your university had one.

Also, since you have 4-point probe experience, if you don't mind I might have a few questions for you about those too :bowdown: :)

LOL! I just got my degree in Nanoscience Technology. I'm now educated enough to use a lot of mega $$ equipment like - Scanning Electron Microscope, SEM

- Optical microscope

- Clean room protocols

- Contact aligner

- Reflectometer

- Profilometer

- Spin coater

- Reactive Ion Etch

- Particle counter

- Photolithography

- Micropipeting

- Gel electrophoresis

Quality Methods

It took some time but I got-r-dun! There was a lot of chemistry, physics, cellular/micro-biology, etc. I'm hopping to at least get a simple job as a lab tech somewhere close.

OMG!!! .... I think I need to get a college degree just to pronounce some of those words!! Good on ya !

- Optical microscope

- Clean room protocols

- Contact aligner

- Reflectometer

- Profilometer

- Spin coater

- Reactive Ion Etch

- Particle counter

- Photolithography

- Micropipeting

- Gel electrophoresis

Quality Methods

with that kind of education, you will be a shoe-in for the drivers job...:banana::canada:

I can check out 2 people at the same time at the 7-11 store. :stickinouttounge:

Just kidding of course...not meant to put anyone down that works at a 7-11.

Congrats...I KNOW it takes a LOT of hard work and MIND POWER when it comes chemistry (organic/inorganic). Me...I know a little about CLINICAL Chemistry.

- Optical microscope

- Clean room protocols

- Contact aligner

- Reflectometer

- Profilometer

- Spin coater

- Reactive Ion Etch

- Particle counter

- Photolithography

- Micropipeting

- Gel electrophoresis

Quality Methods

Hey hey - So in your school work, did you happen to come across a SQUID (Superconducting quantum interference device) suceptometer (or magnetometer)?

I need to get some quality magnetization information on some samples I am working on and am having a hard time getting time on a machine and was just wondering if your university had one.

Also, since you have 4-point probe experience, if you don't mind I might have a few questions for you about those too :bowdown: :)

Are you trying to figure out how much of a magnetic field is being emitted? I myself haven't used any magnetometers. We've used magnetic fields to direct the flow of electrons, ions, plasmas, x-ray difraction, etc. But nothing to actually measure the strength and/or direction of the magnetic field.

our 4-point probe wasn't set up properly yet, so I didn't get the experience I wanted to on it. I used it mainly to test for continuity and to help calculate bulk & sheet resistivity of the features on our wafers after going through the whole mask/exposure/etch/strip, etc. process.

Are you trying to figure out how much of a magnetic field is being emitted? I myself haven't used any magnetometers. We've used magnetic fields to direct the flow of electrons, ions, plasmas, x-ray difraction, etc. But nothing to actually measure the strength and/or direction of the magnetic field.

our 4-point probe wasn't set up properly yet, so I didn't get the experience I wanted to on it. I used it mainly to test for continuity and to help calculate bulk & sheet resistivity of the features on our wafers after going through the whole mask/exposure/etch/strip, etc. process.

Gotcha. What I need are the bulk magnetization curves for a couple of samples. I am doing analysis on the formation of magnetic polarons and the internal local magnetic fields of magnetic semiconducting and dilute magnetic semiconducting materials. One of the key characteristics of magnetic semiconductors (including the dilute ones, and magnetically frustrated systems) is that the energy of the conduction electron or the equivalent hole (which is what we believe localizes to form the magnetic polaron) is strongly dependent on the magnetization of the crystal itself. SO, by getting very good and reliable magnetization information we can predict/confirm the behavior that we are seeing using the appropriate observation techniques for the magnetic polarons themselves.

So yea, what I want the SQUID for is to get a really good [intrinsic] magnetization curve for some of my materials.

(for anyone playing along, magnetization is an intrinsic property of a material as a 'measure' of magnetic moments per unit volume. The magnitization gives insight as to the number of alligned spins or more simply put, how magnetic a particular material is under certain conditions).

The 4 point probe that I use is for a different project, but still related. We use it for resistivity measurements as well but to determine carrier concentration as well as a few other properties. The operation of the probe is the easy part, the difficult part is determining the correction factors, etc. which is part of what I am currently having an issue with. The probe I have is intermittant for me but seems to work fine for my college (so I'm pretty sure it is operator error - and he has no idea what I am 'doing wrong').

Sounds interesting enough. Would've been nice if we could've covered some of that stuff in our material characterization classes.

Haha, yea I hear you. There is never enough time to cover everything... But, that is just how it goes.

Now that I am doing research, I get to decide what I want to cover and what I don't (give or take a little for what I can convince a funding agency to give me funding for) - but if you have the basics, and by now you certainly do, all it takes is some time invested in to a few good Physical Review Letters, or if you are working on something that is pretty common - maybe you can find a text book; either way a little time and you're on the way :happy34: