IGNORED

Help!!

Kregerdoodle

Been there several times in the past. Tomato juice does help but my wife got a liquid soap from the vet that was more effective. My wife always referred to it as 'Skunk Be Gone' but I'm not sure if that was the brand name and we don't have it at hand.

skunk be gone is the only stuff that really works. over the years our dogs have found the black kitty with the white racing stripe more than once. i even diluted a little and steam cleaned the chesterfield with it. on one occation where the dog came in the house yelping and jumped on the chesterfield and rubbed his face all over it.

My dog ( House Dog ) got introduced to the wrong end of a skunk this morning... my wife gave him a bath, now he smells like a wet skunk... what is there that I can wash him with to mello wonderfull smell out????

:confused24:

K

Kreg,

I have used Tomato juice in the past with marginal success...oh by the Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

That aint right....after all I done too ya!!!! just wait till ya find that dead skunk tywraped to the axel of your trailer.....:rotfl:

na I wouldn`t do that........................or would I :confused24::confused24::confused24:

ya`ll be carefull driving back tomorrow...

see ya!!

Kreg

Kreg,

I have used Tomato juice in the past with marginal success...oh by the Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Dang..I have a friend who's a trapper and has a resipe he uses and swears by it...simple household ingredients peroxide, I think , dish soap and ????..THE mythbusters did a show on it once and used the same solution as he does...swears its the only thing that works.... a search on the internet should yield results...tomato juice doesn't do to much.......don't ask me how I know. I didn't always own a dog .........................:whistling: :sign67: all alone

We just did the Oeroxide, Soda and Dish soap wash... seamed to help some, we`ll see how he is in the morning and do it again if need be..

Thanks every one for the pointers !!!!

I also spread 2 boxes of moth balls under the back porch and all around the house, s`pose to keep cats and scunks away!! we`ll see...........

Dang..I have a friend who's a trapper and has a resipe he uses and swears by it...simple household ingredients peroxide, I think , dish soap and ????..THE mythbusters did a show on it once and used the same solution as he does...swears its the only thing that works.... a search on the internet should yield results...tomato juice doesn't do to much.......don't ask me how I know. I didn't always own a dog .........................:whistling: :sign67: all alone

As the former K9 trainer for a large LE unit take my word when I say there is nothing that will take out the odor 100% right away. The skunk be gone stuff works better than tomato juice or any home remedy. If it's a direct shot then several washings will be necessary. All of our dogs are sprayed at some point in their career with some getting multiple sprayings. Skunk spray is one of the most foul smelling things you can imagine. Just keep washing them and eventually the odor will diminish and go away.

i am not going to laugh ! i am not going to laugh ! i am not going to laugh ! i am not going to laugh ! i am not going to laugh ! i am not going to laugh ! i am not going to laugh i am not going to laugh ! i am not going to laugh ! i am not going to laugh ! i am not going to laugh !

i feel for you

:crackup::rotfl::crackup::rotfl::crackup:

tryed but i could not hold it in , sorry :95:

Well, like all the others, been there done that and have the video. A direct face shot a few years back. Several tomato juice and soup baths, several shampoo baths, and lord knows what else. After each time it got better. Didn't know about the be gone stuff. After about a couple weeks or so it was okay except when it rained. I believe it was about 4 months total. Good luck with it.

Oh yea, if you drink enough tequila then you don't pay too much attention to the smell. :-)

Spotsy

:moon::moon::moon::moon::moon::moon::moon::moon:

i am not going to laugh ! i am not going to laugh ! i am not going to laugh ! i am not going to laugh ! i am not going to laugh ! i am not going to laugh ! i am not going to laugh i am not going to laugh ! i am not going to laugh ! i am not going to laugh ! i am not going to laugh !

i feel for you

:crackup::rotfl::crackup::rotfl::crackup:

tryed but i could not hold it in , sorry :95:

Ok, this is a little embarrassing but I spent several years as an animal control officer and have suffered my fair share of dealing with the south end of a north bound skunk. There is a product I guarantee to remove skunk smell from people, pets or anything else you can wash. That product is massingil douche powder. Mix according to directions and wash the affected person, dog or add it to the wash with sprayed clothes. I always kept some handy cause you never knew. Other brands may work as well but I haven't tried them so your mileage may vary.

i hate say this but FDS works too , that is what sick bay used in Rhode Island on me , the 1st nite i spent on the navy base i stepped out the back door on a big Yankee skunk . 20 years later i crawled under the house to fix a a/c duct and met one face to face , used the same stuff , i asked my friend to go the store for me because i smelled too bad , i thinking he still laughing after all these years

Hate to hear this Kbay, but like the others ......I wont laugh, I wont laugh, I wont laugh....but I just can't hold it in..

I was wondering after reading all the posts on this thread, if your dog is presently a house dog, or if you have moved him/her to the garage for a week or so.....

:080402gudl_prv:

My Boston Terrier got into it with one. She was sprayed about 6 inches from her face, NOT PRETTY! She had 11 baths that night, we used peroxide mixed with baking soda, tomato juice, coconut shampoo, and for the heck of it ketchup! After all that at 2 AM she smelled okay enough to come back into the house. It took about 2 weeks for it to fully go away.

About a month later we had another one in the back yard. I have never seen her run that fast in my life. She knows those critters now, and runs when she sees them. THANK GOODNESS!

Ben