IGNORED

Ok Who Is Right

saddlebum

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Geez, I go away for the weekend and come back to find the highly technical discussion is on "toilet paper" :doh::doh:

A lot of bored people were there????:confused24::confused24:

And the answer is: OVER THE TOP :happy34::happy34:

Mind you, I think the whole thing is "over the top" :crackup::crackup::crackup::sign just kidding:

Well Annie, that must mean that you really meant "we" should have it down the back since you are down under and everything is upside down from us (or is that backwards?)right???

Always over the Top. So much so, that if it isn't over the Top, I change it. - Even at someone elses house, at work, etc...

If nothing else, it annoys the people that like it behind.

As far a the Toilet lid / seat, the rule in MY house has always been put both down. That way EVERYONE has to lift it to use it.

craigr

....... If they knew that we were talking about "the best way to hang toilet paper", I'd be laughed out of 5th grade! C'mon, Freebird, can't we hide this topic?

Midicat

So you're saying we should just wipe it clean?:sign20:

So, it's come to this. I can't believe what I'm reading. My kids think I'm ok/cool. Not the coolest but an ok guy. (I am their father so really, how cool am I allowed to be by their standards) I kid around with them by saying I am part of a motorcycle gang....The VentureRiders! Oh yeah! We're tough! We're bad dudes (and dudettes) who ride into town, take over the buffet table and leave with plenty of noise! That's the life of a VentureRider biker. If they knew that we were talking about "the best way to hang toilet paper", I'd be laughed out of 5th grade! C'mon, Freebird, can't we hide this topic? I have but a shred of credibility as a motorcycle rider. Please don't let me go down like this.

Midicat

:crying:

I'm starting to worry about you. Are you telling us that you joined this group under the illusion that you would retain any credibility at ALL?:whistling:

i would think that this would be the last thing to talk about on a MC group

I am suprised at all of you

you must not have small kids or cats in your house

I don't anymore but i learned from my past.

I know that most every body install it over the top. Have any of you ever found the TP all piled up on the floor, cats and small kids just love that flapping tail comming down from the top and just love watching it unroll to the floor.

As for tairing off the sheets most pull from the bottom up to tare off and end up with a long tail hanging that either has to be rewound or just left hanging for the cat to play with. if you unroll from the back down then when you tare it off you pull it in to the roll and it tares short and the end is at the wall less attractive to kids and cats.

So if you want to avoid the mess then down th eback is the way to go

I feel a song coming on here:

Now it was a Saturday evening on the edge of town just about the time the sun went down ole Johnny slips on into the old out house. Now he knew that it was a gettin late and this was about the only place he could concentrate so he opened the door and slipped on in.

Well ole Johnny he was raised up like a dog and they always used a Sears and Roebuck catalog until he heard about this new stuff called toilet paper.

Well up to now everthing was a going alright until he tried to use it that night and that's when he noticed that something was definately wrong.

Chorus:

Johnny Baker Johnny Baker he was a cabinet maker and the first time that he wiped himself with toilet paper. Well the paper was thin and his fingers slipped on in. What a hell of a shape ole Johnny Baker was in.

Maybe someone can write the next verse. That one took a while......:smilies6::smilies6::smilies6:

Going to :draming:now...... Good night.......

Always over the Top. So much so, that if it isn't over the Top, I change it. - Even at someone elses house, at work, etc...

If nothing else, it annoys the people that like it behind.

As far a the Toilet lid / seat, the rule in MY house has always been put both down. That way EVERYONE has to lift it to use it.

craigr

Ok That would be unfair, because the Guy's would always have to raise and lower 2 items, while the the Gal's would only have to raise and lower 1 item.

I know that most every body install it over the top. Have any of you ever found the TP all piled up on the floor, cats and small kids just love that flapping tail comming down from the top and just love watching it unroll to the floor.

As for tairing off the sheets most pull from the bottom up to tare off and end up with a long tail hanging that either has to be rewound or just left hanging for the cat to play with. if you unroll from the back down then when you tare it off you pull it in to the roll and it tares short and the end is at the wall less attractive to kids and cats.

So if you want to avoid the mess then down th eback is the way to go

And thats exactly my point :doh: Why is it only us wise few grasp that :think:

My wife said, we have way too much time on our hands and should be working on something, anything.

As for the paper issue, said just stick it on the holder and use it, hang another when that one is empty. and get back to work.

She's right, I know because that's what she told me.

Gregg

If you have kids or cats , you are right.

If you don't , she is definitely right.

But in either case; Those of us in Sunny California can tell it's winter and the weather is crappy where most of you are. Tomorrow while I am riding in the sunshine I will think about all of you....rearranging your toilet paper, back and forth, back and forth.........:crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:

My wife said, we have way too much time on our hands and should be working on something, anything.

Gregg

Funny I was just letting my wife read this thread and she up and say's the same thing.....Where do they come up with this stuff:think::think::think:

Then she follows this by telling me a woman she works with has her husband and boys TRAINED...:doh:..to sit while using the toilet at all times:scared::confused24:

Funny I was just letting my wife read this thread and she up and say's the same thing.....Where do they come up with this stuff:think::think::think:

Then she follows this by telling me a woman she works with has her husband and boys TRAINED...:doh:..to sit while using the toilet at all times:scared::confused24:[/QU

WATCH IT!! You will have us all in trouble!! Or at least those of us that are used to standing up!!

Geeze - 71 replies to this topic, who woulda thought? And I ain't gonna read any of them. The answer is so easy . . . Whatever somebody insists on MUST be wrong, so do it the other way! I may have a preference, but whenever someone makes a religion out of a point, there is no doubt in my mind that they have to be wrong.

Goose

Geeze - 71 replies to this topic, who woulda thought? And I ain't gonna read any of them. The answer is so easy . . . Whatever somebody insists on MUST be wrong, so do it the other way! I may have a preference, but whenever someone makes a religion out of a point, there is no doubt in my mind that they have to be wrong.

Goose

Only 71??? Its early yet...:snow2:

Welcome to the ICBE

Our mission here at the International Center for Bathroom Etiquette is to improve the bathroom going experience for everyone by educating people about proper bathroom etiquette. Every day across the world millions of people are unsatisfied with the way their trip to the bathroom turned out, and we believe that it doesn’t have to be that way.

Looks like personal preference

http://www.icbe.org/

Hanging the Toilet Paper

Unless you have one of those weird vertical toilet paper holders – and if you do, please accept my sympathy – there are precisely two ways to hang the toilet paper, over and under. While most people have a preference, there are merits to each.

Over

This is the way hotels do it, which leads many people to proclaim it is the correct way to hang toilet paper. It is arguably more aesthetically pleasing, but aesthetics are subjective, and some would disagree. It certainly displays more of the outside of the roll, so if you’ve invested in some fancy TP with pretty designs, you may prefer this method. That’s not however the real reason hotels hang the toilet paper this way. They do it so the housekeeper can fold over the end into that little triangle deal that signifies housekeeping has, at the very minimum, come into the bathroom and folded over the end of the toilet paper.

Under

This method is functionally superior, offering easier rolling up of excess paper, and easier tearing off of a strip from the roll – especially one handed. It also gives you a few extra inches to maneuver, which can be a real blessing in cramped quarters.

So which is better? While the ICBE hangs its toilet paper under, our official position is that you should just do whatever your wife (or whoever) tells you to. Trust me on that one. And if you are single, why are you asking me? Hang it whichever damn way you please, until somebody you are trying to impress (or much, much bigger than you) tells you to hang it the other way.