IGNORED

83 Venture Cyclecomm cb System

I just bought an 83 Venture Royal.She is a beauty. I picked up a Cyclecomm cb system for it from Ebay. I am missing the 6 pin dim cable to connect it to the amplifier and some other connecting hardware. I bought an antenna combiner for it as well.Can anyone help me with this. I have done all the research on Cyclecomm and Airrider.Airrider cannot help me either.Any help would be great.Thanks all,

I also wanted to add the bike has a working radio intercomm system. I am just trying to install this cb system to my bike. Thanks for any help, Ray

Edited by paysaw

I just bought an 83 Venture Royal.She is a beauty. I picked up a Cyclecomm cb system for it from Ebay. I am missing the 6 pin dim cable to connect it to the amplifier and some other connecting hardware. I bought an antenna combiner for it as well.Can anyone help me with this. I have done all the research on Cyclecomm and Airrider.Airrider cannot help me either.Any help would be great.Thanks all,

I also wanted to add the bike has a working radio intercomm system. I am just trying to install this cb system to my bike. Thanks for any help, Ray

Welcome to the site Ray. The Cyclecom system is not very common as it only lasted for a few years before Yamaha started putting in their own CB. So it's probably the reason there hasn't been a bunch of advice thrown at you. Very uncharacteristic for this group... :) I can't remember exactely if the AMP on the '83 has a plug for the CB to interface into the system, I do know the newer Royale AMPs do. So replacing the AMP with a newer unit might be something to look into???

I have the same system on my 83 and it works just fine! While I dont have any spare parts for it if I can answer any questions I will try. I have the original manual and stuff also.

Very uncharacteristic for this group... :) I can't remember exactely if the AMP on the '83 has a plug for the CB to interface into the system, I do know the newer Royale AMPs do.

Yes, the 83 Amp has a 6 Pin DIN jack for CB. He will need to use a right angle DIN plug at the amp, I found them available at Digikey.

:thumbsup2::canada:

I love this group. I found a unit with the correct wiring.I will document my retro-fit,This will be good for anyone who has this problem.The people here are helpful and caring.I want to contribute.When I get this done, I will post my install with pics to this group.:fingers-crossed-emo

I love this group. I found a unit with the correct wiring.I will document my retro-fit,This will be good for anyone who has this problem.The people here are helpful and caring.I want to contribute.When I get this done, I will post my install with pics to this group.:fingers-crossed-emo

I was gonna try to photograph my system in the bike and send it to you on Sunday. If it helps you can use it.

• 5 months later...

I am almost finished up install.I took pics of all of it. I made my own intercom cables added an antenna combiner as well.If you have any questions please email me and I can tell you what I did.

Edited by paysaw