IGNORED

RSV Cover

Thistledown

You want an EXPENSIVE or INEXPENSIVE cover?

If you want an inexpensive cover I'd suggest Champion Covers:

Champion Motorcycle Cover

You would need the XXL. This is the lightweight cover and it packs up really really small. Don't know about the heavyweight.

The only think I don't really care for about this cover is that it's got elastic around the entire bottom. But once you learn how to put it on it's not that big a deal. The nice thing about the elastic all the way around is that the thing does not blow off like my previous cover did. :thumbsup2:

I've used mine for 2 summers. On and off almost every day and it's still in great shape.

For the price it can't be beat!!

I just bought a Tourmaster Select Cover for my 06 RSV for a week long business trip along the coast. One of the best purchases I have made for a bike; really pleased with it. I got it at Motorcycle Superstore for $44.99 with free shipping. It is a great cover.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/3/13/117/20948/ITEM/Tour-Master-Select-Motorcycle-Cover.aspx

I have the Dowco Guardian EZ-Zip cover. The rear section is split down the middle with a zipper, making it very easy to get on and off. I have had it out in heavy rain and the seal on the zipper is pretty good... only a few drops of water got through the zipper after several hours of torrential rain.

When I bought mine 2 years ago, the best price was at kneedraggers.com.

http://www.kneedraggers.com/image_storage/5/b9/5b9123e49d4b8d0b9267f3f55d5c5e96_refined.jpg

Edited by SteveP
Added URL

I don't know about covers but I had put one on my bike last winter and it is in an attached garage, I took the cover off to check on her and every thing was dripping wet under the cover. So she got a blow dry from the shop vac and stayed uncovered. Saw a little condensation on the chrome covers in the spring as the temp came up but at least the whole bike wasn't wet.:scratchchin:

I know of a Yamaha Star cover for the RSV that's for sale if you're interested. Can't link you to the ad from here, but I can get you the contact information if you're interested...just let me know.

Curt

"I have my Star Motorcycle Cover For Sale. I have used it about ten times but I just don't care for the feel of the material. No problems with it at all, I just found an after market one that feels better and fits better. I can post a picture if someone wants it. It is like new. I think my wife said it was $90 or something like that new. I will sell for $55 including shipping to the lower 48 States. This is the black one in the Star catalog.

Non smoking home. Includes the carry bag.

Thanks,

Wayne"

Edited by FJR Rider

I have a factory Yamaha cover that was expensive and is very good. You can see through it and yet it repels water. Water vapor can escape but water drops can't make it in. I'm just not very good about using it when there is a chance of rain and I park it at work any more. When it was new I was religious about it but the older it gets and the more miles on it the less I care.

Tommy,

I've been using a full cover from E-Z Touring for the past 20 years or so and I'm only on my second. They have been making covers since the late 80s.

http://www.eztouring.com/wanderer.htm

The nice thing I like about these covers is that they have a shock cord at the bottom edge of the cover rather than elastic that will give up over time. Secondly they pack small, especially the half cover. And for protection, an insurance agent told me back in 83 that the best thing you can do to insure that no one will not mess with your bike is to put a full cover on it at night. If they don't know what it is, they probably won't mess with it. And it's worked for me.

Hope this helps,

Rick

I purchased a Nelson-Riggs half cover (sort of like the coveralls Don posted about) when I was doing a lot of traveling for work. Personnally I prefer the half covers because I can pull up at a hotel after a long day and put the cover on without waiting for the motor to cool off. And I don't have to put the antennas down either. Recently it started letting a bit of moisture through but I have had it for over 4 years and had never retreated it with waterproofing.

I have the nelson- riggs full cover, and I love it. Totally water-proof and has vents to let mouisture out. I have the one with the silver bottom and can put it on without worrying about the hot mufflers. Also has the elastic bottom, stays put!!! Two thumbs up for nelson-riggs covers. Also comes with a cinch bag for packing, packs up small, nice. Carl

I have the Dowco Guardian EZ-Zip cover. The rear section is split down the middle with a zipper, making it very easy to get on and off. I have had it out in heavy rain and the seal on the zipper is pretty good... only a few drops of water got through the zipper after several hours of torrential rain.

When I bought mine 2 years ago, the best price was at kneedraggers.com.

http://www.kneedraggers.com/image_storage/5/b9/5b9123e49d4b8d0b9267f3f55d5c5e96_refined.jpg

I slowly ran the zipper up and over the curve of the trunk wing. As I slid it across the curve of the passenger back rest the fabric teasingly parted revealing Black Cherry curves and glittering chrome.

That's when two things dawned upon me:

Black Cherry is the sexiest Venture color.

I really like the EZ-Zip cover. For the convenience, of course.

I think the deal here is that everyone likes the brand they own, and there are a bunch of brands. The big discision to make is what you plan on using it for. A cheap light weight cover that stows easily, and packs small, is great for over nighters, but if you plan on storing your bike outside for an extended period of time, only a heavy waterproof full cover will do, preferably built out of Sunbrella. All light weight covers are wooses when it comes to UV exposure, and when left to the elements will become toast in just one summers use, and they leak like crazy during the winter months. Most light weights don't breathe very well either, due to being built with a thin PVC backing. They also loose their water proofing very quickly. Condensation will occur if a cover doesn't breathe, and those vents look cool but are worthless unless they start putting something in the flap to hold it open. On the lighter covers from Hong Kong and China light weights are sewn with cheap thread that does not hold up well to UV exposure. With a 6 bikes, that I store outside, I need a cover that will protect 24/7. I've questioned a few asian sellers on Ebay about their covers and they all come back with the same 'not good for long time storage'. I've also asked about them building something better and they respond 'no'. I've also bought covers from US makers, and I usually get one 'made in China'. I'm sure there are a few US builders left, but the retail on a 'made in the USA' cover is pricy, and most bike owners will not pay the price, so the US maker is going to China to compete. I wish there were a cover maker that put out a Sunbrella cover. You paid a lot of money for your bike, it doesn't make sense to not take care of it.....

I just recieved my Kuryakyn Half Cover yesterday and its an excellent fit, seems to be very well made, packs small in an included stuff sack, has a felt like liner for the fairing and windscreen. Dont have to fold down antennas either. $44 and free shipping.

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/detail.cfm?action=reviews&model_ID=42&Category_ID=78&manufacturer_ID=16&product_ID=11769