IGNORED

SkyDoc and me had a maintenance day

Guest Ken8143

Guest Ken8143

I never made it to a Maintenance Day yet, and the one out at Freebird frankly scares me to death on account of that Swamp Monster - So SkyDoc and I scheduled our own today. We swapped out a clutch, doubled the clutch spring, and replaced the spark plug wires. And we had a great time.

Got to tell you - there is nothing like that little shop by the creek. Thanks Earl and Jean.

- Ken

I have to agree Ken the little shop is something to behold when you walk in. I have also had the pleasure to have Earl do some maintenance on my 89 VR and must say his work is excellent.

And the company of both Earl and Jean is second to none, good old hospitality as it should be.

Regards Dave

The little shop by the creek is awwwwesome..We think of You both Earl & Jean often and pray that the job market picks up soon for you. So sorry you had to get rid of the honda. Maybe theres better things to come for you and this is just all part of the plan. Take care and if theres anything i can do just give me a call.. Ohio's just next door..Dan

Lots of interest in the little shop nowadays. I'm planing on a trip there also. How about a spring tuneup day at the shop? Around April_10? I too need the fuse box upgrade, I want to put in a new clutch slave unit, greese the drive train,carbtune. Most stuff I should have done by springtime. But I think I will let a expert do the carbtune. So far I have replaced the brake pads. After have some brain farts I figured it out. Got stuck there for a bit. Was gonna send caliper to Earl, but I went back at it and got 'r done.....:sun:

Lots of interest in the little shop nowadays. I'm planing on a trip there also. How about a spring tuneup day at the shop? Around April_10? I too need the fuse box upgrade, I want to put in a new clutch slave unit, greese the drive train,carbtune. Most stuff I should have done by springtime. But I think I will let a expert do the carbtune. So far I have replaced the brake pads. After have some brain farts I figured it out. Got stuck there for a bit. Was gonna send caliper to Earl, but I went back at it and got 'r done.....:sun:

Carb Tune is simple once you've seen it done.Brakes just clean everything good and make sure piston is moving without hanging up.Clutch Slave is a pain but not hard just have to play with it to get it out of there and be carefull when you put it back and don't pinch wires behind it. Don't ask how I know that one. If you can change the rear tire you can grease the drive train. All of these after you see them one time you will be good to go.

Thank you one and all for those kind words! It is always a pleasure to have ANY of the VR.ORG members stop by "The little shop by the creek" if for nothing else, just to say "Hey". I have attached a few pics of the latest addition to the little shop by the creek. This new addition will allow me to work on more than one bike at a time and will allow me to run the machine shop equipment in one building and work on bikes in the other. As a few of you members know, the little shop by the creek is exactly that, a little shop! But with this new addition, I am hoping to be able to expand and work on more than one bike at a time. I will keep you posted as my brother and I race the weather to complete this project.

Thanks for your support, :thumbsup2:

Earl