IGNORED

Why does it have to be this way?????

midnite

Interesting thread. For what it is worth, I am the President (starting my 3rd year) of our local STAR Chapter. But, I also ride with (3) other groups here in the Bay Area - as well as participate within our VentureRider family. For me, as others have said, it is all about the riding (and eating). With our local chapter, we put on at least (24) chapter rides during the year - plus (12) social get togethers, giving people many chances to ride, make friends locally and within our Region. Our chapter has (42) members - 1/2 have Star bikes, 1/2 have other mfgs. Personally, I often feel that the local chapter is what makes the organization - some chapters are more involved than others.

Personally, I understand why some people choose to try a particular organization - at least for a while: just getting back on the bike and looking for a safe way to ride again, looking for new friends, getting the confidence to explore new areas, etc. Once those personal "goals" have been realized, many folks that I know have moved on - and to me there is nothing wrong with that.

In the end, I think all the "mfg. related" organizations are good - and have their place. Some will have rules - or guidelines, which is fair I think. At the end of the day, as long as one had a safe day riding - having fun - and getting some food - regardless of if you were alone or with a group - it was a good day.

Welome Midnight! I saw your post on the STAR forum. I was a VP of a chapter and my wife and I left a few months ago over some issues we had locally. I will let my membership expire next month. Most people don't realize, STAR is a for profit orginization. A few people are living very well from the yearly dues and sales of patches and other items. It's also my understanding that the free 1 yr membership that goes along with the purchase of a new STAR motorcycle is paid by Yamaha to Star Touring and Riding. What a racket! Try finding out where the money goes. Good luck! Ask questions about the money on the forum and find youself locked out in a heartbeat!

There are great people in VentureRiders plus there are no membership requirements,no officers, no mandatory meetings, no dress codes and for the most part NO EGOS that need to be stroked. What we do is RIDE and EAT!

i called yamaha usa before my last rsv purchase and made them agree that no funds would be sent to star on my behalf from my new purchase. they agreed and i made the purchase.

Interesting thread. For what it is worth, I am the President (starting my 3rd year) of our local STAR Chapter. But, I also ride with (3) other groups here in the Bay Area - as well as participate within our VentureRider family. For me, as others have said, it is all about the riding (and eating). With our local chapter, we put on at least (24) chapter rides during the year - plus (12) social get togethers, giving people many chances to ride, make friends locally and within our Region. Our chapter has (42) members - 1/2 have Star bikes, 1/2 have other mfgs. Personally, I often feel that the local chapter is what makes the organization - some chapters are more involved than others.

Personally, I understand why some people choose to try a particular organization - at least for a while: just getting back on the bike and looking for a safe way to ride again, looking for new friends, getting the confidence to explore new areas, etc. Once those personal "goals" have been realized, many folks that I know have moved on - and to me there is nothing wrong with that.

In the end, I think all the "mfg. related" organizations are good - and have their place. Some will have rules - or guidelines, which is fair I think. At the end of the day, as long as one had a safe day riding - having fun - and getting some food - regardless of if you were alone or with a group - it was a good day.

I am glad that you are enjoying your local club, and i wish you all well.

that being said, i would like to see your reactions in the event that you should try to have a fund raising ride to generate funds for a local organization in your area or even a charity such as ST Judes.

Star will offer you no help in any way shape or form, and will not let you use the star logo on any posters or shirts unless you send all the proceeds to them, so that they can take 20% off the top and then they will decide where the money is best spent and who it goes to.

Alan Cease don't need any more chrome! and stole moneys from 10 charter members of the chapter that i started in Illinois #307 just ask the thief!!!

POST THE ANSWERS HERE. I HAVE NOTHING TO BE ASHAMED OF.

my posting is not to show disrespect to you or any other member of the crooks club, only to offer information that may be hidden from your view.

Mike approved the above message.:clap2:

I asked the question on the Star site if there were any problems being a member of another orginization and a star member.The answers ranged from no problem, to no problem as long as we don't wear the other org. patch or show thier colors, to it doesn't matter Venture Riders and Venturers are just forum sites they're not Orginizations with real members. My wife and I are not renewing our membership with star because of this. We discussed it and decided we didn't want somebody else telling what we can wear,how to wear it, and so on.We have an venturers decal on our trunk, and in the next couple weeks will order the Venture Rider decal to go there also. We hate to be like this as we have made a few friends at Star but if it has to be then....Have talked to a couple of folks here and have enjoyed the site, and the knowledge of some of the members. I guess what I'm getting at is, we have found a new home. Hope ya'll don't mind. We'll try not to get to rowdy!!!!!:thumbsup2::confused24::confused24:

I am glad you like VR as I do. I think your mind was made up before you posted on Cruizer Cafe though. I went and read all the responses and yes one mentioned that VR and Venturers was a forum only, but I don't see where that statement makes any difference. I consider them a forum also. Another told you to check out the patch guidelines on the site, if you had you would know the answer instead of listening to some member who probably has no idea (and said he was not sure in the post) what the guidelines are. The Forum Moderator, who is a good friend of mine, told you it would not matter if it was not on the back, which is true. Three members who know their stuff told you it wasn't a problem. And finally, you said that you didn't have a STAR vest anyway. Seems to me you made much to do about nothing.

One thing I have found in my many years with STAR is that it is not for everyone. If someone wants to leave, then I think it is best that they do leave.

:farmer:

Ain't NOBODY gonna tell me where I can go, what I can ride,what I can wear,who I can ride with...

What,,,,, Yes dear,,,,

Gotta go, she said something about looking like a bum so I gots to change.... :doh: :rotf::rotf:

into what I don't know..Looked/acted like this for years...:rotf:

OK folks...these type of threads are bound to come up from time to time. We have a mix of members here. We appreciate each and every member here regardless of what other clubs they belong to. There are some fine members here who also happen to be very active in the Star club and there are some equally fine members here who have some real issues with the Star club. I think that enough has been said on both sides and I really think that it's time to end this one now and get back to discussing those things that make us the close group that we are and not dwell on one thing that we disagree on.

Edited by Freebird

I have ridden the last 5 years mostly by myself. I am a 40-45 mph back road cruiser with my music on.... pretending I am on the back of a big flying dragon.

No wife, no kids, older sisiter 500 miles away and my parents have both passed away. If ANYone starts to tell me what, with who or when..... that is the last they see of me !!

Cb:Avatars_Gee_George: