IGNORED

Bought me another Black Cherry !

BEER30

As if I did not have enough of other things to do ......like work , I went out and bought myself another Black Cherry . Not 2 wheels , but a set of six strings . 30 years ago , I was self teaching myself , but never fulfilled the task of playing successfully . My first set of strings was an original left handed Les Paul made in the early 50's . It was a rare one at that being an F hole hollow cut away with a single pickup . It was worth a pretty penny to say the least . But it's gone now and and to start fresh again , I picked up an Ibanez Artcore AS73L in Black Cherry ! So I am giving you fair warning , I sound like a sputtering 1st gen running on an 1/2 cylinder , :Avatars_Gee_George: .

For the last 2 late evenings , I have been getting my finger tips all tendered up . I must be doing OK so far as the dog hasn't started howling yet and the wife hasn't tossed me or the guitar outside .

I know we have some musicians here and perhaps when I do get good enough , we should have a jam session at one of the M & E or Rallies .

BEER30

I like jamming a lot. Not very good but I've been collecting a few myself. I have a Les Paul Deluxe cherry sunburst. Got it when I was about 14 years old as a gift from my Grandfather which I use to pick with regularly. When my Grandfather passed away, I inherited his guitars which was a Gibson Byrdland, Gretch Country Gentleman and a 1934 Martin fiddle top acustic. My Grandfather lived the last 6 years of his life batteling cancer and his guitars never came out of the case during that time. The first time I opened up the Byrdland case, the gold overlay on the tailpiece and pick up covers was flaking off and the pick guard was dry rotted and cracked like a windshield. I think they only made that guitar for 3 years in the early 70's. I sent it back to Gibson in the late 80's. They made a new tailpiece and replaced the pick guard and the pick up covers. They didn't need to do anything to the wood finish because it still looked great. Gibson sent it back to me along with the parts they replaced. They sent it back to me 1 1/2 years later looking like a brand new one.

Well Gene,

Here is another side of me not many know..

I used to play a string in a band that travels around to different churches and played gospel music on Friday and Saturday nights.

There were four of us in a group from one church and we played at many churches and on the back porch on Sunday afternoons..

It's been a long long time since my finger tips were tuned up too....they burn like heck starting out.

:080402gudl_prv: with your efforts..

Oh, and if Becky needs some ear plugs I know where she can get some cheap....:whistling:

Been playing in bands for over 25 years and playing a total of over 30. Here is a link for my bands site www.myspace.com/drivingsidewaysrocks check it out. I have also been building and custom painting guitars for years here is my other website www.bigheadguitars.com I have owned over 300 guitars over the years and here is a pic of some of my current ones.

Enjoy,

Paul

I play acoustic folk-rock style covers. I sold my last electric 6-string this week, but still have an electric bass.

Here's my latest acoustic, a Larrivee LS03 (15inch body).

http://randyrick.us/motorcycles/Yamaha/2009_0503LarriveeForumIIIandMotorcycle2.JPG