Any of you lads out there use 44K Power Enhancer for cleaning out your fuel system?

Soon will be the time to put the bike away for the winter, I'm still trying to squeeze in as much riding as possible before that time.. So this would be an opportune time to clean out the carbs and such with this product.. However, what's the best method?

Full can in the tank and run it hard? Run some full strength though the system for a bit ?

What's the general consensus on this?

I put a whole can in and run about 75 miles or so ,let it sit overnight and that does it...I do not know how it works as far as "Winterizing"as Ive never had to do that. It works extremely well though for keeping the system clean as V7Goose will back me up on that..the inside of my carbs looked brand new and it runs better than the average Venture that hasnt used it...and yes Ive used sea foam,just like the 44K alot better BUT,it is MORE EXPENSIVE and NOT KNOCKING SEA FOAM.

I put a whole can in and run about 75 miles or so ,let it sit overnight and that does it...I do not know how it works as far as "Winterizing"as Ive never had to do that. It works extremely well though for keeping the system clean as V7Goose will back me up on that..the inside of my carbs looked brand new and it runs better than the average Venture that hasnt used it...and yes Ive used sea foam,just like the 44K alot better BUT,it is MORE EXPENSIVE and NOT KNOCKING SEA FOAM.

Thanks Tom, just what I was looking for actually.. I just wanted to get a good cleaning before tucking the bike away.. I end up taking it out for a spin when ever possible in the winter months.. now that I have a heated garage, and can get it out onto the street easier, I plan to simply keeping the tank up and some stabil into it..

But wanted to get a cleaning done foremost..

I see you have a 2006. To winterize, you should be just fine with using Seafoam. Your bike is still fairly new and I assume that you've been riding a lot this year anyway.

I'm in Pa. and I don't winterize but I still use Seafoam time to time. From what we have heard on this forum, the long term benefits of using 44G is promising. The price of the bottle is what takes me away from using the product.

I see you have a 2006. To winterize, you should be just fine with using Seafoam. Your bike is still fairly new and I assume that you've been riding a lot this year anyway.

I'm in Pa. and I don't winterize but I still use Seafoam time to time. From what we have heard on this forum, the long term benefits of using 44G is promising. The price of the bottle is what takes me away from using the product.

I have over 55,000 miles on the bike, a lot of it this summer, running through various states, zones and areas in various weather conditions, dry wet dust etc.

I'm not looking to use the 44K to 'winterize' but to clean out the fuel system.. winterizing will still be done but I'm looking to clean it out.. Yes 44K IS expensive but from what I'm reading and hearing from people there is a performance / cost ratio benefit involved with it.. Seafoam will still be used time to time. But a good clean out should help..

I run the bike often enough in the winter here when the roads are passable just to say I can ride 12 months of the year..

I checked the link provided for Retail locations and all I got was a list of dealers and garages that use it. Can anyone tell me what retail outlets carry this?

Thanks,

Mark

From what I was told, the dealers and garages listed provide a 'service' with this product, however, if you do an eBay search you may find the product available..

The local rep here said he might be able to set me up for future purchases..

I checked the link provided for Retail locations and all I got was a list of dealers and garages that use it. Can anyone tell me what retail outlets carry this?

Thanks,

Mark

I've been following this and other 44k threads over the last couple of weeks. Here in Texas most of the major retail auto parts chains do not carry 44K. It was posted that a store NW of Houston called A-Line auto parts carried the stuff. I did a google search on Saturday and found another A-Line store nearer to my home, called them to find out if they stocked it (they did!) and picked up a can that afternoon.

I think you're just going to have to do the legwork in your own local area (unless someone else already has) and post your results here.

Don't know why the stuff doesn't have a wider distribution. Good luck.

I've been following this and other 44k threads over the last couple of weeks. Here in Texas most of the major retail auto parts chains do not carry 44K. It was posted that a store NW of Houston called A-Line auto parts carried the stuff. I did a google search on Saturday and found another A-Line store nearer to my home, called them to find out if they stocked it (they did!) and picked up a can that afternoon.

I think you're just going to have to do the legwork in your own local area (unless someone else already has) and post your results here.

Don't know why the stuff doesn't have a wider distribution. Good luck.

Call the 'service dept' and not the parts dept.. as the parts people have no idea what service dept is doing.. ;) i went through the whole rignamarole..

Thanks,

Mark

I found it at Advance auto parts here. I've also seen it at a Yamaha dealer in Denver as well. I'd say just call around to auto parts stores and see if they have it.

I have over 55,000 miles on the bike, a lot of it this summer, running through various states, zones and areas in various weather conditions, dry wet dust etc.

I'm not looking to use the 44K to 'winterize' but to clean out the fuel system.. winterizing will still be done but I'm looking to clean it out.. Yes 44K IS expensive but from what I'm reading and hearing from people there is a performance / cost ratio benefit involved with it.. Seafoam will still be used time to time. But a good clean out should help..

I run the bike often enough in the winter here when the roads are passable just to say I can ride 12 months of the year..

Sounds like you've got everything planned out very well. Now that your bike now has 55K miles, it may be a good idea for some 44K treatment and don't forget your fuel filter as well. We know that 44K works very well in cleaning the fuel system and eventually clean out the carbs pretty good. I just hope that it does not harm any minor parts on the fuel system of the Venture being such a potent liquid. If price is not an issue, perhaps at least 2 treatments per year is sufficient IMO. Let us know down the road how everything looks like in your fuel system.

I found it at Advance auto parts here. I've also seen it at a Yamaha dealer in Denver as well. I'd say just call around to auto parts stores and see if they have it.

Our local Advance auto do not carry 44K. I may suggest this to their store manager to carry the item. :fingers-crossed-emo

i have been using 44k now for over a year. in the rsv. my 2000 dodge dakota quad cab and now my honda self propelled lawn mower. i have not seen any ill effects of any of my fuel system componets. all i can say is everything runs better. also while at toms in blanco had goose set my carb floats and the fuel bowls were real clean. i have added 44k to my preventive program.

don c. :225:

Sounds like you've got everything planned out very well. Now that your bike now has 55K miles, it may be a good idea for some 44K treatment and don't forget your fuel filter as well. We know that 44K works very well in cleaning the fuel system and eventually clean out the carbs pretty good. I just hope that it does not harm any minor parts on the fuel system of the Venture being such a potent liquid. If price is not an issue, perhaps at least 2 treatments per year is sufficient IMO. Let us know down the road how everything looks like in your fuel system.

LOL you haven't heard that I have had a lot of fuel issues this summer, first the fuel filter and then the fuel pump causing me being stranded on the side of the road a couple of time.. :0

Fuel filter gets changed once a year on my bike

i have been using 44k now for over a year. in the rsv. my 2000 dodge dakota quad cab and now my honda self propelled lawn mower. i have not seen any ill effects of any of my fuel system componets. all i can say is everything runs better. also while at toms in blanco had goose set my carb floats and the fuel bowls were real clean. i have added 44k to my preventive program.

don c.

Hi Don, the local rep here tells me a once a year treatment and a 5,000 mile interval additive (missing the name of their product right now) will maintain a clean system throughout the year.. Seeing how I put over 32,000 miles this past summer.. it's gonna be a few bottles LOL

don c. :225:

Do you think 44K will loosen things up in the tank and require a sooner than normal changing out of the fuel filter? My current filter only has about 300 miles on it.

Also, should I change out my oil ahead of schedule? I've got about 130 miles on the scoot since I put half a can of 44K in the tank and filled up. I changed oil about 150 miles before that. I did not change the oil filter with the most recent oil change.

Thanks.

Do you think 44K will loosen things up in the tank and require a sooner than normal changing out of the fuel filter? My current filter only has about 300 miles on it.

Also, should I change out my oil ahead of schedule? I've got about 130 miles on the scoot since I put half a can of 44K in the tank and filled up. I changed oil about 150 miles before that. I did not change the oil filter with the most recent oil change.

Thanks.

Ive been using it about 2 years..maybe longer..I just rarely recommend anything. It has done nothing at all but make my bike run better. I AM NOT IN THE BUSINESS OF SELLING THIS STUFF BUT I buy off of ebay ALOT and get it at affordable prices...I now have 24 cans if anyone interested as I am keeping 6 cans for myself. PM if interested $15 a can

Ive been using it about 2 years..maybe longer..I just rarely recommend anything. It has done nothing at all but make my bike run better. I AM NOT IN THE BUSINESS OF SELLING THIS STUFF BUT I buy off of ebay ALOT and get it at affordable prices...I now have 24 cans if anyone interested as I am keeping 6 cans for myself. PM if interested $15 a can

Tom,

Instructions say 1 can treats 20 gallons. I put in 1/2 can in a full tank. How much do you use? I put the other half in a sealed glass jar with a metal lid. Any idea if it will store OK or should I use the rest with my next fill up? How about your experience the first time you used it - did it gunk up your oil or fuel filter? Thanks.

I used the whole can with a full tank of fuel run it about 120 miles and let her sit overnight then went and fueled it up again and almost instant diffference ...NEVER ANY PROBLEMS....AT ALL with anything on the bike. Goose could not believe how clean the inside of my carbs were at nearly 30000 miles...Again I just post my results and yes I have a few extra cans I sell but ONLY because I buy off ebay in Bulk to save me money. Its a lot of monet retail but it is the only thing I use now that I Know is proven to work. The most noticable thing you will notice will be smoothness in engine,then it SEEMS to be more responsive..Get down on it hard and you will see what I mean.

Thanks.

You really can't go wrong with a new Oil Filter, but that means changing your oil as well. Perhaps next time, replace your oil and oil filter together.:farmer:

I got my hands on some BG44K and put it in the fuel.. Can came with a yellow funnel attachment that worked rather well I should add.. There was some odd looking square holed disk in the bottom of the can.. I'm assuming that's there to add in the shaking of the can mixing?

I put it in a full tank of fuel and ran the bike down to the bottom of the tank, on reserve and now going to let it sit for a couple of day (gotta wait for this snow storm to pass).. and then take the bike out for a fill up..

I ran the bike at rather high revs and man I think this bike's fuel system must have been dirty!! A few times the engine cough, almost like it was clearing it's throat and the throttle response was getting a little better.. because it was so cold out the bike was feeling different than the week before but it felt good.. after 140 miles in 32'F weather, highway speeds, the bike was feeling rather spirited..

From what people have been telling me, its the next tank of gas that i will really feel the difference.. Hopefully so.. I'm guessing I have perhaps one or two weeks of safe riding left before it gets horrible out there.. so I wanted to clean the gunk out before putting the bike aside for winter..

Saturday will tell how this all worked out.