IGNORED

Thank you from Downunder

Chezley

Firstly I'd like to say thank you Don for the site & making it all possible. From reading here I know I'm not alone in saying that.:thumbsup2:

To all those members who post / have posted to the tech section ( you know who you are) thank you very much as well. I have never had to ask a question about my Venture,

because everything I need / want to know about the mc is here somewhere.:clap2:

My apologies for not interacting more on the forum, but am normally a man of few words anyway. Just my nature I guess.

Would be great to meet some of you guys for a ride, M&E or something but doubt that will happen without some big changes in situation. (you never know)

Thanks again folks

Tony.

CHEZLEY.

good to hear from you, we plan to come down under for a ride some day.

we have met some great folks from down there, and have many relatives that we have never met down your way.

pick out a nice road with a good food stop or two and we will be along one day.

Mike & Cherie Eykamp

Mike & Cherie

That sounds like a plan. Just let me know when.

I run a beef cattle operation at present, plenty of space if you'd

like to stay a while. Northern NSW 6-7 hours ride from Sydney.

Our autumn or spring are best times, also winter is not too bad (on

a venture of course). A bit too cold on a naked bike.

Summer heat can be a bit oppressive at times.:scorched: Thats just our

small part of the country.

cheers

Tony.

Tony,

Like you I do not post like I should. I to have learned alot from the guys that post here and set up the tech libary. Freebird and the others do a great jop. Good to here from you. My uncle used to live over there and always made sound interesting to see. Maybe the wife and I can make someday.

Hi Annie

Yeah, I have given the UC AGM some thought.

thing is I'd probably need best part of 4 weeks, go anticlockwise, north

from here, across the top end, (might still be wet up there = no go):bang head:

and by the time I do some :photographing: ,and come back across nullabor. Well you get the drift. Time would just fly. then there's work commitments etc.

Then I could be like :superman: , (given that AGM go's for a week), probably do it in 11 or 12 days, not stop to admire anything and be knackered when I get home. And work commitments might still kill it.

All that said, I'd still love to go. :fingers-crossed-emo

Tony.

Past two years we have flown (Townsville & Penrith) due to me having metal frame on leg and stayed in tent city. Other years we have done the "get over quick" had a bl***y good time, and then raced for home -- but wouldn't change it for quids :thumbsup2:

We are the gearshop Co Ordinator's, so if you make it come and say hello.

So......, now he starts posting, now that it is getting springtime in his area!!! He will be ragging us while we are up to our a***** in snow!! :snow2: (That's "ankles", as it don't snow much anymore here in east Tennessee).

Hey mate, glad to have you aboard and we look forward to some good stories to keep us entertained and help us make it through our winter. :thumbsup2:

RandyA

• 1 month later...
Spear thats sounds good. Look forward to meeting for

a beer, & chat about bikes & life in general.

Cheers

Tony.

Tony,

Just organised the annual trip for me, my bros and sister.

We will be in Tamworth on Friday 26/02/2009 to do an overnighter at the City Lights (sister owns that).

From there we ride to Brunswick Heads on Saturday 27/02, spend Saturday and Sunday there and head back home on the Monday. I'll be doing the whole run back home to Geurie, all 812kms on the Monday - hopefully. If I don't feel like doing that I'll stay over again at Tamworth (474 kms)and head home Tuesday. (Don't ya just love semi-retirement?)

Make it a date and we'll catch up if you can get into town on the Friday.

It'll be late afternoon, so there's no need to ride. Gotta avoid the 'roos.

Cheers,

Steve

Late reply due to my system crashed and I couldn't get into venture Rider. Just want to say that I too enjoy this organization and I have had the pleasure of meeting with a number of fine people due to VR.. As some others have said, my wife and I have a dream of making it down under before I croak so if this damn economy will get halfway okay again I intend to do it. And if I do, I want to look up some of you guys; that would be fun. I've had the privilege of meeting a number of Aussies and you guys would fit well in the South. I think we would fare okay down under. Merry Christmas.