IGNORED

Sleeperhawk's New Instrument Panel Installation

Sleeperhawks Mechanic

Sleeperhawk is in the process of installing his new instrument panel. He had painted it this week and it really looks good! :thumbsup2:

Pecker came over to help and supervise. Wanderer and Patricia came by a little while ago to get the rear tire removed and Ted was taking it to town to get a car tire mounted on the rim. He just got back and they are in the process of putting it back on the bike.

More pictures to come later!

(By the way, Sleeperhawk cringed at the first drilling into the front panel!):whistling:

I wish I was there! :thumbsup:

David, it's almost as if you were here, your instructions are sooo good!!! :happy65: The panel looks really good on the bike!

Sleeperhawk has the instrument panel fitted to the bike and is beginning on the wiring portion right now! :thumbsup2:

Wanderer and Patricia had to leave after lunch so he will be back later today or tomorrow to finish up with the tire and mounting it on the bike!

Here's some updated photos!

Hey George,

Make sure you learn-it-good.:whistling: cause i'm com'n down for you to help me put this set-up in. but i ain't letting you drill my bike. I'm gonna do that:scared:

:crackup::happy65::crackup::happy65::crackup::happy65:

PS...... thats not Pecker thats Dave38x:rotf::rasberry::rotf:

Sleeperhawk said to tell you he is doing his best and he will be more than happy to help ya. And he wants you to do your own drilling!!!:cool10:

PS. Dave38X changed his name to Pecker (for really real!):rotf:

Looking at photos 3202 and 3203

I guess if I was ashamed of my bike, I'd probably put it under a cover when in the driveway tooooooooo..............:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

:sign just kidding:

Panel looks really good there George...nice job!!! :thumbsup2:

Looking at photos 3202 and 3203

I guess if I was ashamed of my bike, I'd probably put it under a cover when in the driveway tooooooooo..............:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

:sign just kidding:

Panel looks really good there George...nice job!!! :thumbsup2:

Well, since my bike was taking up the garage and it started to rain while Ted was getting a car tire mounted :no-no-no::no-no-no:, Pecker and I took pity on his bike and covered it up. For shame, For shame. :rotf::rotf:

Sleeperhawk has fed the oil line down and is in the process of connecting the line to the bike. Really good going so far!:thumbsup2:

Sleeperhawk just started up the bike with the oil pressure line hooked up and it works! The first oil pressure guage shot is with the choke on and the last is at idle!:happy65::happy65::happy65:

Wanderer came over just a while ago and is working on getting the drive shaft lined up.

A few pictures this morning! A little chilly outside though! (well, for here anyway!):cool10:

Sleeperhawk has the volt meter wired and it is working. Picture of instrument panel showing volt meter and oil pressure guage with bike running!!!:thumbsup2:

Wanderer came over this morning to mount his tire on the bike and Sleeperhawk assisted him! Got all the greasing done, etc. and tire was mounted.

Then Wandered assisted Sleeperhawk with putting electrical wiring back into the fairing.

When Wanderer and Patricia started to leave, they discovered the car battery was dead, so Sleeperhawk help jump start the car!

With the tank off, Sleeperhawk went ahead and changed the plugs.:whistling:

Sleeperhawk ran the temperature line to the engine but ran into a small leaking problem. Pecker just happened to come by a little while ago and is going to see what fitting he can get tomorrow, an 18mm x 1.5 that fits the temperature sending unit.

Soo, we are finished for the night. At least I had a chance to get my hands dirty, cleaning around where I could!:happy-emoticon:

"quote by kj4v - How much time?,and cost?"

The time is not yet over as Sleeperhawk spent the weekend working on his bike as well as Wanderer's bike, but off and on all weekend. As far as the cost goes, Ponch has yet to let us know how much it is going to cost! Sleeperhawk spent $30.00 for the guages at Auto Zone. :whistling:

I gotta tell ya'll, the gauge set up looks ten times better in person. George replicated the marble look from the dash almost perfectly!

I had a few laughs helping him, I don't think I ever saw George so nervous as when he was cutting out that dash panel!:crackup: I can't wait to see Riderduke start cutting on his bike, there is something about hacking chunks out of perfectly good plastic that makes people cringe.

Hopefully, we can get the proper fitting and finish the job this week.

Dave